Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > Music > FTTS Interview in american newspaper
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Hyesungu
Mike p(X.X)q

FTTS Interview in american newspaper

Compare Us to Kc & Jojo

The R&B duo ¡°Fly to the Sky¡± may get caught for their flying speed since the release of their third album ¡°Sea of Love.¡± The duo is enjoying huge popularity, and their title track, ¡°Sea of Love,¡± is now at the top of the music charts.

How would you describe your title song ¡°Sea of Love¡±?
Brian: The song is a step away from our usual R&B style.
Fany: Yeah, he¡¯s right. It¡¯s more popish. When we first came out, our style was a little different from other Korean singers. It was mostly R&B and had more of a black feel to it. I guess in this album we¡¯re trying to go more in the direction of what our fans like. The album is like a pop R&B type deal.

You featured a track called ¡°Condition of My Heart,¡± composed by Brian McKnight. Did you get to work with this famous R&B vocalist?
Brian: No, but hopefully we will in the future. It would be great if he could actually sing on an album with us. I¡¯ve always wanted to sing with him.

Who are your major influences?
Fany: The American duo KC & Jojo. That group is our role model for becoming great R&B singers. We feel really inspired whenever we listen to their music.
Brian: I like their album, X, released in 2000. It¡¯s a smooth R&B album and all of the songs on it have their own special appeal. Their hits ¡°Crazy,¡± ¡°Get Back¡± and ¡°All the Things I Should Have Known¡± are perfect love songs. Their warm lyrics and soulful vocals are cool.

I see. You basically grew up in opposite parts of the world. Brian grew up in New Jersey as a Korean-American, while Fany was born and raised in Seoul. Have there been any clashes between you two because of your different backgrounds?
Brian: From the way we think to what we eat, we are different. However, this has not caused any serious problems between us, except when we go out to eat.
Fany: Yeah, usually I want to eat Korean food, but he wants western food. So, we often compromise and end up eating Kimbap. Heehee.

It maybe an embarrassing question because you¡¯re already famous singers. But, I¡¯m so curious, how did you guys start out?
Fany: Don¡¯t be afraid to ask anything. We welcome all your questions. To become a singer, I participated in many auditions. And fortunately, I was singled out at an audition held at my high school. Only people who do their best get the chance to make their dreams come true.
Brian: I had a different kind of journey toward stardom. When I lived in the U.S., my friend signed me up for an audition on an Internet web site. It led to an all-expenses paid trip here to try out for SM Entertainment.

There are numerous online fan clubs for ¡°Fly to the Sky.¡± Have you ever visited your online fan clubs and left anything on the message boards?
Fany: Yeah, we frequently check them to know fans¡¯ opinions before making decisions, like what songs to perform.
Brian: I post messages on some of our fan sites, and even chat on the Internet with fans. But, you know what? When I say that I¡¯m Brian, nobody believes me. Haha.

These days you two are so busy, it must be pretty stressful. How do you relieve your stress?
Fany: Except for fatigue from our tight schedule, there¡¯s nothing to stress us. So, getting enough rest is the best way to get rid of stress. When we are together, we usually listen to the music of other artists, especially R&B singers like Brian McKnight, Usher and Boys ¥± Men. It calms us.
Brian: Listening to the music of Linkin Park and Eminem also makes me feel good. Sometimes, we also try to find time for other interests like watching movies.

Speaking of movies, I heard that you guys are movie buffs. Who are your favorite movie stars?
Brian: Ashley Judd, Edward Norton and Bruce Willis are my favorite stars. Especially, Ashley Judd. She is such an attractive actress. I¡¯ve seen all of her movies, from her debut movie ¡°Sisters¡± to her most recent one ¡°Bread and Roses.¡± Her beautiful smile makes my heart throb. Haha. Oh, Bruce Willis is also a great actor. I liked ¡°Die Hard¡± and ¡°Sixth Sense.¡± His movies never let me down.
Fany: I admire Jung Woo-sung. He¡¯s a good actor for all kinds of movies, from romantic comedies to action movies. His eyes are full of charisma and he has the power to move people.

If you got the chance to act in a movie, would you go for it?
Fany: Of course, why not. I actually majored in drama at Kukmin University to become an actor. In the future, I¡¯d like to be on the big screen, especially in big time action movies.
Brian: I want to go to Hollywood and show that Asians aren¡¯t just martial artists. Haha.

Besides a successful acting career, is there anything else you¡¯d wish for?
Fany: Yep. I¡¯d like to compose music. But, right now our focus is on our activities as Fly to the Sky.
Brian: Well, we¡¯ve been doing this for about three and a half years now. So for another couple of years, we want to just go with it.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-17-2002 07:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hyesungu Click here to Send Hyesungu a Private Message Find more posts by Hyesungu Add Hyesungu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

AAAAHHH!!!!!
HOTNESS!!!!
hehehehe

oohh i really hope they star in a movie one day!!!

hotness....

Old Post 08-17-2002 04:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WhiteLee
"Oh we totally have to."

HAHAHAHAH .
"It was mostly R&B and had more of a black feel to it."
Hehehe

"Before and After" Ayumi Hamasaki

Old Post 08-17-2002 08:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteLee Click here to Send WhiteLee a Private Message Visit WhiteLee's homepage! Find more posts by WhiteLee Add WhiteLee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

i just skimmed, so i didn't catch what newspaper this was in (if there was any mention)....soo what newspaper was this is?

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 08-17-2002 08:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
junjinluber33

errr... i've watched ALOT of videos with fanny in it and i dont think some of the responses are things that he would say... iuno~ haha! what paper was it in though?

click^ leave a msg in my chatter box!

team3 biotch! its da group blog

Old Post 08-17-2002 11:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for junjinluber33 Click here to Send junjinluber33 a Private Message Visit junjinluber33's homepage! Find more posts by junjinluber33 Add junjinluber33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

wow fany's english is realli good!! or wuz it translated? wut newspaper wuz this in??

Old Post 08-18-2002 05:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ibabiExbOrai
[ .b e b e d o r qx. ]

haha Ooo brian~~ i dink fannyz wuhz translated Haha

Old Post 08-19-2002 08:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ibabiExbOrai Click here to Send ibabiExbOrai a Private Message Find more posts by ibabiExbOrai Add ibabiExbOrai to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
i just skimmed, so i didn't catch what newspaper this was in (if there was any mention)....soo what newspaper was this is?

same here.

Old Post 08-22-2002 10:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yuki_senru
Crazie Teddy

i read the whole thing and it didn't say what newspaper it is
so i guess it's just an regular american newspaper?...

come to think of it, how come no asian artists are popular in
america's music industry?
eh.. except the japanese guy in Linkin park......

Old Post 08-27-2002 09:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for yuki_senru Click here to Send yuki_senru a Private Message Visit yuki_senru's homepage! Find more posts by yuki_senru Add yuki_senru to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lovedontloveme

lol, i don't think this was in an american newspaper. i doubt that fany's english is that good or that he would give those kinds of responses. maybe it was in a an american newspaper/magazine but it was translated? o_o? where did you find this?

Old Post 08-31-2002 12:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for lovedontloveme Click here to Send lovedontloveme a Private Message Visit lovedontloveme's homepage! Find more posts by lovedontloveme Add lovedontloveme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

quote:
Originally posted by yuki_senru

hey that dude is korean...
i'm pretty sure...

what about that dude ... um the one that works with that ...pharerll,,, pharell... guy.... what is he?

well lol i didn't read that thing at all... first sentence ....sorta

Old Post 09-01-2002 12:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by yuki_senru

he is korean

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 09-01-2002 01:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shoujo

there are two asians in the linkin park..
the dj and the rapper (mike shinoda)..he's half jap n half white i think..

Old Post 09-01-2002 02:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for shoujo Click here to Send shoujo a Private Message Find more posts by shoujo Add shoujo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kimlee

WOW

THAY R SO COOL I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE AHHHHHHHH PINK

Old Post 03-16-2006 02:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kimlee Click here to Send kimlee a Private Message Visit kimlee's homepage! Find more posts by kimlee Add kimlee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kimlee

O

UM I WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE :uhttp://vs3.f-t-s.com/~footmarks/index.htmlnhappy:

Old Post 03-16-2006 02:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kimlee Click here to Send kimlee a Private Message Visit kimlee's homepage! Find more posts by kimlee Add kimlee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote