Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Education > Language > Hardest Language to learn
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

Hardest Language to learn

I heard that Chinese (cantonese/manderian <sp?> ) is the hardest language to learn cause they don't use alphabets but charaters such a hard language haha

what country do you think have the hardest language to learn?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-23-2003 06:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Drunken Master
Umm... Yeah...

English

Old Post 02-23-2003 06:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Drunken Master Click here to Send Drunken Master a Private Message Find more posts by Drunken Master Add Drunken Master to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eddiee
werD?

writing and reading chinese is hard.....and yes theres something like alphabets in it but its what you put together to sound out the words .....they use that to type on the computer and chat.

the words it self are hard.but if you know it....most of them is alike and some just get extra slashes or dots added on or there like two words put together and make a new one.

Old Post 02-23-2003 06:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for eddiee Click here to Send eddiee a Private Message Find more posts by eddiee Add eddiee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by LiLbLuEaZnBoY
writing and reading chinese is hard.....and yes theres something like alphabets in it but its what you put together to sound out the words .....they use that to type on the computer and chat.

the words it self are hard.but if you know it....most of them is alike and some just get extra slashes or dots added on or there like two words put together and make a new one.

well it's your native language so your used to it lol
i'm korean and i suck at speaking that shit lol i can only say the pervertic words and small sentences and i read like a 4th grader lol but i understand alot when people are talkin to me i just can't say anything back in korean except nae lol

Old Post 02-23-2003 06:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eddiee
werD?

quote:
Originally posted by niggoreanboi
well it's your native language so your used to it lol
i'm korean and i suck at speaking that shit lol i can only say the pervertic words and small sentences and i read like a 4th grader lol but i understand alot when people are talkin to me i just can't say anything back in korean except nae lol

i dunno it

lol i can only speak it

Old Post 02-23-2003 06:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for eddiee Click here to Send eddiee a Private Message Find more posts by eddiee Add eddiee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by LiLbLuEaZnBoY
i dunno it

lol i can only speak it

so lol you still knoe it :P

Old Post 02-23-2003 06:49 AM
StArGaZiNlUvEr
Mrs. Jay Chou

hmMm...i'd say chinese is hard. but its easier to learn mandarin when u kno cantonese beforehand..cuz it sumtimes sounds the same juss a little different. Writing it is no doubt hard...bleh..but i've been going to chinese skool since first grade...every saturday. but compared to pplez from china im prolly like a 4th grader

eh...then agen lotsa other languages are hard.

Old Post 02-23-2003 10:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for StArGaZiNlUvEr Click here to Send StArGaZiNlUvEr a Private Message Find more posts by StArGaZiNlUvEr Add StArGaZiNlUvEr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
azn0monk
mystupidSNfromwayback

alex i highlly doubt u dat bad man

anyway, i think english is the dumbest language

tell someone to pronounce
comb
then
bomb

there are exceptions everywhere

pathetic!

Old Post 02-23-2003 07:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for azn0monk Click here to Send azn0monk a Private Message Find more posts by azn0monk Add azn0monk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

i think that like navajo (the american indian lang) is the hardest cause only 1/3 of their language can be translated into english. learning the language must be near impossible cause u have to pick uup concepts that many english speakers couldnt handle. plus they have hard pronunciations.

Old Post 02-23-2003 09:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Click here to Send .aS.|5p!7f!|23 a Private Message Find more posts by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Add .aS.|5p!7f!|23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Drunken Master
Umm... Yeah...

quote:
Originally posted by azn0monk
alex i highlly doubt u dat bad man

anyway, i think english is the dumbest language

tell someone to pronounce
comb
then
bomb

there are exceptions everywhere

pathetic!

Yeah, then there are exceptions to the exceptions!
It's supposedly called the "bastardized language."

I hate English...

Old Post 02-24-2003 12:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Drunken Master Click here to Send Drunken Master a Private Message Find more posts by Drunken Master Add Drunken Master to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

english is popular around the world, anyone who is important in the world knows it, so it isnt that hard to learn. i think the hardest is russian, my friend speaks to his parents in that. wow it seems really hard to pick up.

Old Post 02-24-2003 08:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

i would hafta give it up to them chinese.. those writings.. and how its spoken is pretty crazy.. i think korean and japanese are pretty easi to learn

Old Post 02-26-2003 05:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

learning how to speak chinese isn't hard...it's the reading and writing. eesh!! i prolli noe about 1,000 characters and u need to noe 3,000-5,000 just to be able to read a newspaper. i can understand it pretti well (i'd say 90% common speech, no fancy words or any of that) but i can't speak that well. eh, i get nervous wen i'm supposed to reply in chinese and then pplz assume i can't speak or understand it cuz i'm thinkin bout how to word wut i'm gonna say -__-

other than that, i think german and russian look hard to learn. french and spanish don't seem to bad, but russian....wow

Old Post 02-26-2003 06:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lady_j

I heard that Hungarian (Magyar?) was really hard to learn, like if you didn't learn how to speak it before you were 10 years old you have no chance of ever picking it up.

Old Post 02-26-2003 08:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for lady_j Click here to Send lady_j a Private Message Find more posts by lady_j Add lady_j to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

swahili.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 02-26-2003 08:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

chinese

even though i already know chinese...it should easily be the hardest. theres no alphabet, just over 25,000 different strokes when writing. i guess if u count the strokes as the alphabet..theres 25,000 "letters"

Old Post 02-26-2003 08:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

mandarin....easy to speak, hard to write!! 1 word can have 4 meanings, just by the tone you use. interesting, but difficult!!

Old Post 02-27-2003 12:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rhymester* Click here to Send rhymester* a Private Message Find more posts by rhymester* Add rhymester* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
az0nd2r3

chinese.....my chnz aint too great....even after 'graduating' from my chnz skoo.....derez simply too many characterz to remember, meaningz, the many strokes in a lotta of the more complicated characters...etcetc......
im sure dat there are few ppl, if any, who actualliee kno evry chnz character/word...

Old Post 03-04-2003 08:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for az0nd2r3 Click here to Send az0nd2r3 a Private Message Find more posts by az0nd2r3 Add az0nd2r3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

do you think native american languages are hard to learn?

Old Post 03-05-2003 01:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
noriko378

I agree with the rest of u....

Chinese is hard to learn...been learning it for close to 15 yrs. I still can't read the newspaper straight! Thank goodness for the Chinese dictionary!

Old Post 03-05-2003 01:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for noriko378 Click here to Send noriko378 a Private Message Find more posts by noriko378 Add noriko378 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote