Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Experience > dear dad...
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
micron
all i need is a miracle

dear dad...

article from zandd. ...i miss that site.

Dear Dad,

This month, I turn 17 years old. Seventeen years old. Can you believe it? Seventeen years ago, I was born on a hot, summer day in Seoul, South Korea. Seventeen years ago, you say your dreams came true when I was born. I say, the nightmare began 17 years ago when I was born.

The first 12 years were all right, I guess. I was the perfect, little boy that was always responsible and never got in trouble. Sure, there were days that could be forgotten, such as when I broke my arm when I was 7 years old fighting two other kids in my neighborhood; or when me and Mom were on the freeway and I put the car in reverse; or even when I burned my leg on a motorcycle, but it was all good. They were mistakes that could be forgiven and forgotten. I was just a little boy and I just had to learn.
I entered junior high. Remember that? Everything changed, huh? I was 13, and had so many "weird" friends. I started coming home with other people's blood on my shirt, and sometimes with black eyes myself. I started smelling like smoke when I was 13, but you denied it and thought I was going through a phase because I was still getting straight A's. Good students don't do bad stuff, right? My GPA was 4.0 in 8th grade and I graduated junior high with "Gold Card" honors so I shouldn't be doing that bad. You thought I would straighten up.

Oh, the summer after 8th grade. Remember that? I took your car out for a ride and hit someone and ran. I was 13, no permit, no license. I hit some lady and fled...and got CAUGHT. The day the police came, I ran out of the house for a week. When I came home, you were too disappointed to hit me, or anything. I was amazed. This was the summer I broke up with my girlfriend. I was having the hardest time getting a hold of my life. Remember? I always kept giving attitudes to everyone, staying in my room, talking to almost no one. You kept saying to yourself that I would grow up and become something better, that this was a phase and I would grow up...

Remember 10th grade? I beat up some freshman and got a five day suspension. You remember? You were pretty disappointed then, too. What was I supposed to do? He was a punk. So you understood what I experienced and let it pass. I got caught smoking about four times that year. You even forcefully tried to stop me.

How about this past year? You hit me so hard once that you broke my front tooth. For a month after that, you didn't exist in my life. I hated you and I didn't need a father like you. I didn't want a father like you. Through all the beatings and lectures you gave me, you went too far and I hated you and I promised myself to hate you forever. But for all the times you forgave me, I forgave you.

Dad, yesterday, I came home at 4:00 AM. I came in so loudly that you woke up and came downstairs. I was on drugs last night, and you could completely tell. I was rolling so hard that when you were talking to me, I couldn't stand still. Why did I come home so late, you asked. I couldn't reply...I couldn't think straight. You knew what was going on and you told me to go to sleep. On your suspicion, you went to my car and found 70 ecstasy pills I was going to sell at a rave and $700 that I made that night. You were so sad. I knew you were angry, but the disappointment in you was worse. You said you believed you failed me as a father and that you did not have the integrity or experience to deal with me. You were in tears. I couldn't show any emotion because I didn't have any then. I was just too pissed at myself for getting caught.

Dad, through my seventeen years, I have learned and experienced many lessons. I have made many stupid decisions that shouldn't have been made, but I made them anyway. I am writing this letter knowing that you will never read it. Dad, I messed up so many times, and I know that one day, if I grow old, I will look at you and be sorry for all the stress that I put you through. I wish that I can go back and make things right, but I know I can't. I hope that when you pass away and stand at heaven's gate, you can proudly say that you had raised a son that will grow up and become something. I wish that could be true.

Sincerely,
Your Son...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-17-2002 04:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jini
nan.. yunjiniee da ~

speechless. :huh:

wherever you go, whatever you do
i will be right here waiting for you
whatever it takes or how my heart breaks
i will be right here waiting for you

Old Post 08-17-2002 04:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jini Click here to Send jini a Private Message Visit jini's homepage! Find more posts by jini Add jini to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HHxEliTE
S2

i realie know how that person feels right now... im going through that right now and my dad says he .. gave up on me u know?.. i mean.. i realize.. all the things i could and should have done for him.. but i didnt.. i feel like a failure..... and its too late to change things.... cuz my dads moving out of my life.... and i feel so disgusted of myself...it makes me breakdown and cry so much... but all i can say is.. im realie sorrie dad.. i'll try hard from now on.even tho ur not gonna be here. im gonna try.... realie dad.. ill try.. i promise..

Last edited by HHxEliTE on 08-17-2002 at 07:55 PM

Old Post 08-17-2002 07:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for HHxEliTE Click here to Send HHxEliTE a Private Message Find more posts by HHxEliTE Add HHxEliTE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HHxEliTE
S2

im speechless too..

Old Post 08-17-2002 07:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for HHxEliTE Click here to Send HHxEliTE a Private Message Find more posts by HHxEliTE Add HHxEliTE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nojeel

damn....

Old Post 08-17-2002 08:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nojeel Click here to Send Nojeel a Private Message Find more posts by Nojeel Add Nojeel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigChubuff

my dads dead yo

Old Post 08-18-2002 05:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigChubuff Click here to Send bigChubuff a Private Message Find more posts by bigChubuff Add bigChubuff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

i.........................

dang

Old Post 08-18-2002 05:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

oh doode... i thought i gave my parents stress...

man... that ran shivers up my bak as i read that...

what ever happened to the kid?

Old Post 08-18-2002 09:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
annabanana
Food Moderator

that boy is definitely messed up. even though he is writing about how his dad should've straightened him up, the boy is at fault too...

Old Post 08-19-2002 09:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for annabanana Click here to Send annabanana a Private Message Find more posts by annabanana Add annabanana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by annabanana
that boy is definitely messed up.

yea, the boy is a damn idiot, crushed his father's dreams, and dissapointed him so many times...hopefully he changed himself

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 08-19-2002 10:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

you don't understand. both of you are missing the point.

Old Post 08-19-2002 11:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

aigoos... i dont know what to say.. i guess it was kind of his dad's fault too.. his dad could of stopped him.. or atleast tried to stop him. but he just forgave him right there, didnt do anything about it and just thought he would straighten up.. but guess what happened? he got worse. heh. i dunt no..

Old Post 08-20-2002 01:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

it was the kid and the dad's fault.
the kid just kept makin stupid mistakes and never learned anything from them. even watchin his father just die from the stress he caused him. he just kept gettin dumber and dumber.
his dad did a bad job being a dad. he just let all these things go by. never seemed 2 try anythin. if u asked me the father truely didnt luv his son enough. if he did he would hav done somethin.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 08-20-2002 01:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shoujo

Re: dear dad...

i don't know what to say....
well, the son realized at the end..it's not too late to start a new beginning...i dunno...*sigh*

Old Post 08-20-2002 10:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for shoujo Click here to Send shoujo a Private Message Find more posts by shoujo Add shoujo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ibabiExbOrai
[ .b e b e d o r qx. ]

wowz....dass ......:x speeChlezz...

Old Post 08-21-2002 02:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ibabiExbOrai Click here to Send ibabiExbOrai a Private Message Find more posts by ibabiExbOrai Add ibabiExbOrai to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

dat is so sad...readin that made me cry cuz i think of all the times i made mai parents disappointed or pissed or stressed or sumtin and i realize wut naive fool i've been :sad:

and HHxEliTE...i hope things work out w/ u and ur dad

Old Post 08-21-2002 06:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
junjinluber33

... also speechless~ i'm not too good to my dad either. to tell the truth, i dont really like him that much cuz of the stuff he says to my mom. i get angry and have bad thoughts in my head about him.... buh errr.... iuno... i hate it when he lectures the same lecture everyday~ bleh... today's my dad's bday too~ i guess i have to realize that since im the first child, i gotta set an example, deal with his lectures, and be thankful for him going out in the sun to work everyday...

click^ leave a msg in my chatter box!

team3 biotch! its da group blog

Old Post 08-23-2002 11:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for junjinluber33 Click here to Send junjinluber33 a Private Message Visit junjinluber33's homepage! Find more posts by junjinluber33 Add junjinluber33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

O, whoa.... ummm wuhts up wid that, ugh ..... whoa. eesh i cant say anythin. dayanm.... ......das a fuked up kid. o mann, sumtymz i wish mai parentz said stuph to mee more. they let mee go wen i do alot of stoopid thingz. buh i feel badd and stop and sumtymz i dunt. i want mai parentz to talk to me more, sumtymz i reallie wish i get lectured. alot of ppl complain about their parentz caring too much, buh there reallie shouldnt be too much lov wen its your child, and for mee theres too little.

Old Post 08-25-2002 12:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

woah, deep stuf. the dad should of sold the extasy and went to the rave with the kid .

Old Post 08-27-2002 02:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote