Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > On the Pulse..
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MiGhTy KiTTy
*MeOW* ^^

On the Pulse..

there was a discussion about blacks getting justice. they want the government to 'payback' the damage they did durning slavery. The guy said that its only fair that the government gives black people more money and property becuz they didnt get any durning that time. wat do you guys think?

in my opinion, i think this guy is out of his mind. Its pure stupidity to demand more money and more properties for wat they did more than 150 years ago. the goverment has changed and blacks are getting wat they want so why should they ask for more?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-12-2002 09:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MiGhTy KiTTy Click here to Send MiGhTy KiTTy a Private Message Find more posts by MiGhTy KiTTy Add MiGhTy KiTTy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

yep, it's not just this guy either, the idea of reparations are fairly widespread.

Me, it's stupid. Indulge in some rugged individualism or something, it's not the governments job to do anything to fix something you didn't go through. There'd be a whole lot of "repairing" going on then if we start this, but then again, the other repairing probably wouldn't happen because it is not so much in the central eye as african american rights are.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 08-13-2002 02:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

dang... hes outa his mind... that whole movement is pretty rediculous and i doubt it won't get any farther then talk... by saying they want reparations for the slavery their people endured they're saying that other injustices that the US government has caused to other peoplez of the world isn't as important as their cause... huh... makes me think y this world is so messed up... damn... that jus pisses me off... damn greed is what makes the world spin...

Old Post 08-13-2002 03:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jini
nan.. yunjiniee da ~

after all, it wasn't THEM who were enslaved.

wherever you go, whatever you do
i will be right here waiting for you
whatever it takes or how my heart breaks
i will be right here waiting for you

Old Post 08-13-2002 03:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jini Click here to Send jini a Private Message Visit jini's homepage! Find more posts by jini Add jini to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

i think hes crazy too...

africans were brought to america to work for the lazy americans. so of course he wants to americans to pay for enslaving them, but hes not looking at the whole picture. there was slavery everywhere during that time. africans enslaved their own people. tribes in africa helped the spanish get other blacks from rival tribes for goods.

africans sold themselves out

Old Post 08-13-2002 03:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote