Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Cars > Lookin to buy a MK.III Supra..help
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
indecisive
the Deranged one

Lookin to buy a MK.III Supra..help

well...guys I'm looking to buy one. was just wondering if you pplz could tell me what stuff it has and specs and stuff.

I'm looking at the '87 non turbo. does it have an LSD?? I know it's at like 200hp. but what else

this is actually one of my 4 choices...1990 S13(aka 240sx hatchback), 1988 mazda rx-7 non turbo, 1988 bmw 325i and 1987 toyota supra MK.III non turbo

Shift_

"cuz no matter how long U've known them or how well U think U know them..the friendship can be over in a second" ~Indecisive

"you don't realize how much of a luxury cup holders are until you don't have em" ~Indecisive

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-17-2003 03:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for indecisive Click here to Send indecisive a Private Message Find more posts by indecisive Add indecisive to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
v8what?
DSM > You

www.SupraForums.com - Very helpful resourse.

The only problems that I know of with MK3s are blown head gaskets on the turbo models. But why on gods earth do you want a n/a?

Old Post 07-17-2003 04:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for v8what? Click here to Send v8what? a Private Message Find more posts by v8what? Add v8what? to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
indecisive
the Deranged one

the NA doesn't have the problem?/

and I'm not going for the turbo because it'll be hard to find one in my price range. if I DO find one then I'll try and get the turbo.

Shift_

"cuz no matter how long U've known them or how well U think U know them..the friendship can be over in a second" ~Indecisive

"you don't realize how much of a luxury cup holders are until you don't have em" ~Indecisive

Old Post 07-17-2003 05:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for indecisive Click here to Send indecisive a Private Message Find more posts by indecisive Add indecisive to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gaeko

the n/a has problems with blown head gaskets as well. LSD was an option, and I'm pretty sure you're not going to find a supra with one. My neighbor was sellin a mark III in pristine condition, unfortunately it's automatic so i'm not gonna buy it. It should be pretty damm cheap to find one, cause in all honesty it's a pretty ugly car lol. Try to find a 90, 91 model cause they have a slightly different look, and come with way better lookin wheels. It would be fun to have a targa top as well. The turboed version is way quick, and has a lot more torque.

As for an S13, try to find one above 91 cuz before that, there were reliability issues, according to sum research I found. I'm currently lookin for an S13, or S14 in good condition, but it's hard to find one in real good condition unfortunately. The speed is going to be similar between an S13 and a Mark III, but the S13 simply looks a lot better! Especially with sum JDM rear lights, mmmmm

Old Post 07-17-2003 07:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gaeko Click here to Send gaeko a Private Message Find more posts by gaeko Add gaeko to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

find a trueno =P

Old Post 07-17-2003 10:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
indecisive
the Deranged one

don't tell me that the MKIII has the same performance as the S13 man.....

S13 maybe lighter but it's only got a 4 cylinder 140hp engine.
MK.III NA is 1.5 tons but it's got a nice 200HP V6. no way it'll be the same. and I happen to like the look of the MK.III. since we got the '88 325i I've found an appreciation for late 80's/early 90's cars and love their lines. heh. I'm odd I know.

EDIT: ahha thanks tony but no..hahahah. Corolla GTS ain't my styles..sorry haha.

Shift_

Old Post 07-18-2003 03:32 AM
v8what?
DSM > You

An early 90's 240sx may not be as powerful as a n/a turbo, you can always do an SR swap for a few thousand. The Mk3's BHGs will kill you. I dont think Ive seen one with out a BHG.

Old Post 07-18-2003 04:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for v8what? Click here to Send v8what? a Private Message Find more posts by v8what? Add v8what? to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
indecisive
the Deranged one

is it supraforums.net? cuz supraforums.com doesn't work

well, I talked to a guy wif an '87 NA MA70 and he said that the Blown Head Gasket is mainly seen in the turbos but rarely happens in the NAs. and if I do have a problem then I can always pick up the one HKS makes rite...so not that big a deal

Shift_

Last edited by indecisive on 07-18-2003 at 04:50 AM

Old Post 07-18-2003 04:45 AM
gaeko

I've driven the Mark III, a close friend of mine has one. Even if it has 200 hp, it's not as fast as you would like to believe, trust me. It's got plenty of torque, so it makes it feel like ur goin crazy fast but in a quarter mile it'll do 16's. Same time as a S13. The turboed Supra runs a low 15...what do you expect in the non-turbo?

Old Post 07-18-2003 07:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gaeko Click here to Send gaeko a Private Message Find more posts by gaeko Add gaeko to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
v8what?
DSM > You

Its SupraForums.com, but its always down. The other sites (mkiv.com and to4r.com) mostly apply to the Mk4s. I dont know of many Mk3 sites, but Im sure that they are out there.

Old Post 07-18-2003 06:41 PM
indecisive
the Deranged one

oh well...my friends all got hondas..heh the fastest car outta my friends is my friend's 1990 Celica GT. so I'm not really worried about the 16 second car. it's a daily driver neways.

Shift_

Old Post 07-19-2003 01:31 AM
gaeko

I ain't saying it's 'slow', I'm juss sayin the speeds in the two cars are similar, and it's pretty quick. The Celica GT is SLOOOOOW, lol I have it!

Old Post 07-19-2003 03:39 AM
indecisive
the Deranged one

heh oh. I thot you saying that supra was slow. nm then

well the other cars in our group is my '88 325i, a civic and an integra..mine fastest, and I'm assuming the celica but iono.

Shift_

Old Post 07-19-2003 11:12 AM