Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Relationships > Friends and Family > a friend's impact
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

a friend's impact

One day, when I was a freshman in high school, I saw a kid
from my class was walking home from school. His
name was Kyle. It looked like he was carrying all of his
books. I thought to myself, "Why would anyone bring home all his books on a Friday? He must really be a nerd. "I had quite a weekend planned (parties and a football game with my
friends tomorrow afternoon), so I shrugged my shoulders and
went on. As I was walking, I saw a bunch of kids running
toward him. They ran at him, knocking all his books out of his
arms and tripping him so he landed in the dirt. His glasses
went flying, and I saw them land in the grass about ten
feet from him. He looked up and I saw this terrible sadness
in his eyes. My heart went out to him. So, I jogged over to him
and as he crawled around looking for his glasses, and I saw
a tear in his eye.
As I handed him his glasses, I said, "Those guys are jerks.
They really should get lives." He looked at me and said, "Hey thanks!" There was a big smile on his face. It was one of those smiles that showed real gratitude. I helped him pick up his books, and asked him where he lived. As it turned out, he lived near me, so I asked him why I had never seen him before. He said he had
gone to private school before now.
I would have never hung out with a private school kid before. We talked all the way home, and I carried his books. He turned out to be a pretty cool kid. I asked him if he wanted to play football on Saturday with me and my friends. He said yes.
We hung all weekend and the more I got to know Kyle, the more I liked him, and my friends thought the same of him.
Monday morning came, and there was Kyle with the huge stack
of books again. I stopped him and said, "Boy, you are gonna
really build some serious muscles with this pile of books everyday!" He just laughed and handed me half the books.
Over the next four years, Kyle and I became best
friends. When we were seniors, we began to think about
college. Kyle decided on Georgetown and I was going to Duke. I
knew that we would always be friends, that the miles would
never be a problem. He was going to be a doctor, and I was
going for business on a football scholarship. Kyle was valedictorian of our class.
I teased him all the time about being a nerd. He had to
prepare a speech for graduation. I was so glad it wasn't me
having to get up there and speak.
Graduation day, I saw Kyle. He looked great. He was one of
those guys that really found himself during high school. He filled out and actually looked good in glasses. He had more dates than me and all the girls loved him. Boy, sometimes I was jealous. Today was one of those days.
I could see that he was nervous about his speech. So, I smacked him on the back and said, "Hey, big guy, you'll be great!" He looked at me with one of those looks (the really grateful one) and smiled. "Thanks," he said.
As he started his speech, he cleared his throat, and
began.
"Graduation is a time to thank those who helped you make it
through those tough years. Your parents, your teachers, your siblings, maybe a coach...but mostly your friends. I am here to tell all of you that being a friend to someone is the best gift you can give them. I am going to tell you a story."
I just looked at my friend with disbelief as he told the story of the first day we met. He had planned to kill himself over the weekend. He talked of how he had cleaned out his locker so his Mom wouldn't have to do it later and was carrying his stuff home. He looked hard at me and gave me a little smile.
"Thankfully, I was saved. My friend saved me from doing the
unspeakable." I heard the gasp go through the crowd as this
handsome, popular boy told us all about his weakest moment.
I saw his Mom and dad looking at me and smiling that same
grateful smile.
Not until that moment did I realize it's depth. Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture you can change a person's life. For better or for worse. God puts us all in each other's lives to impact one another in some way. Look for God in others.

sho deep...makes me happy and sad at the same time :huh:

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-07-2002 12:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HHxEliTE
S2

yeh.. thats realie sad... so y'all be nice to everyone aiite

Old Post 09-07-2002 03:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HHxEliTE Click here to Send HHxEliTE a Private Message Find more posts by HHxEliTE Add HHxEliTE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jj2
JSL Member

wow...that was one powerful story...thanks for sharing that with us ^^

Old Post 09-07-2002 03:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jj2 Click here to Send Jj2 a Private Message Find more posts by Jj2 Add Jj2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MiGhTy KiTTy
*MeOW* ^^

whoa.......@.@ thats crazY! haha

Old Post 09-07-2002 04:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MiGhTy KiTTy Click here to Send MiGhTy KiTTy a Private Message Find more posts by MiGhTy KiTTy Add MiGhTy KiTTy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KrNjJaNgGoO777

i heard this story b4!! i tink it was form a quiet tym thing fer bible study er something...

Old Post 09-07-2002 08:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KrNjJaNgGoO777 Click here to Send KrNjJaNgGoO777 a Private Message Find more posts by KrNjJaNgGoO777 Add KrNjJaNgGoO777 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DEmeant0r
Ex-Mod

Wow that's a powerful friendship, makes me think of my friendship with my best friend, heh I dont' remember how exactly how we met but it was in baby infants 10 years ago, I was sitting in the hall eating me bread and he came over and talked and gradually we built a great friendship, he helped me alot and I helped him as well, I hope to still be best friends with him until the day I die.

Old Post 09-07-2002 08:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DEmeant0r Click here to Send DEmeant0r a Private Message Visit DEmeant0r's homepage! Find more posts by DEmeant0r Add DEmeant0r to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

thaz realli nice demeantor yea i thot this story wuz realli nice...touched me and made me try to reach out to othrs more. i think i wud be a better frend if i were like that to everyone

Old Post 09-08-2002 05:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

HAHAHA!!! i remember that story... i think i read it in chicken soup for the teenage soul... still remember cuz it was really touching... haha i was inspired by it...

Old Post 09-09-2002 06:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

oh wow....

just speechless

Old Post 09-10-2002 02:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nojeel

very powerful..it moved me

Old Post 09-10-2002 03:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nojeel Click here to Send Nojeel a Private Message Find more posts by Nojeel Add Nojeel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

i read this before and yeah... it's very touching and powerful worth the read!

Old Post 09-10-2002 11:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jini
nan.. yunjiniee da ~

heeeey... i read this too! wasn't this in chicken soup or something?

thinking about this stuff.. makes me try n be nice .. cuz you never kno what they're thinking.

wherever you go, whatever you do
i will be right here waiting for you
whatever it takes or how my heart breaks
i will be right here waiting for you

Old Post 09-15-2002 12:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jini Click here to Send jini a Private Message Visit jini's homepage! Find more posts by jini Add jini to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

yea read if from chicken soup or somethin

its a really nice story...it never hurts to be nice!

Old Post 09-15-2002 02:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rhymester* Click here to Send rhymester* a Private Message Find more posts by rhymester* Add rhymester* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chinezaznboi
sigh...

imma gonna cry....

Old Post 09-15-2002 03:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chinezaznboi Click here to Send Chinezaznboi a Private Message Find more posts by Chinezaznboi Add Chinezaznboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote