Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Relationships > Friends and Family > relationship with parents
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

relationship with parents

forensics class was interesting today. we had a big class discussion (well, not really big - the class only has about 20 students) and the majority of it centered around relationships withour parents. we talked about how parents are always pushing us to work harder and study more and succeed, and if these goals were actually realistic or not. some of these kids made their parents sound like demons who stood behind them while they studied with whips as for me, i thought competition to do better in school was rooted mostly among ourselves. we push ourselves to cheat and try to outsmart, outwit, and outdo our peers - not our parents or teachers. that's how i see it, anyway. the other kids said their parents are always comparing them to other kids with perfect grades and such and then demanding from them why they aren't the same. so they counter by saying they have better grades than a lot of people. then their parents say "don't compare yourself with people worse than you, compare yourself with people who are better!" haha i found that funny. so now, my class is thinking about putting on a play/show about how we kids think our parents treat us. it'll include a lot of things, from how they push us to study to how they assume we're doing bad things when we really aren't.
got any ideas? tips? stories?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-30-2003 12:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
screwyou

Go on a strike. Make banners.

Old Post 04-30-2003 01:20 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

isnt forensics like advanced? and ur doin a play lol sounds like fun. uhh u could go back and forth from a parent grieving about what he/she thinks his kid is doin and then switches to what the kid is really doin.

Old Post 04-30-2003 02:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Click here to Send .aS.|5p!7f!|23 a Private Message Find more posts by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Add .aS.|5p!7f!|23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

yes, forensics! fun stuff to do and compete!^^

hmm, my parents don't push me very much to do better because they know that I am doing well. I don't think I'm of much help. My dad just tells me that I should stay in school, study hard, and that's basically it. He knows I'm going to do well and that I do do well so he doesn't say much or push me to be better than others.

Old Post 04-30-2003 06:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

well my forensics teacher kinda discouraged us from that idea b/c she said it would be really hard to put on a really really good show ehh oh well. still tho, i remember this one Berenstain Bears book (anyone remember those? ^^) about how the kids were complaining how their parents never let them have any fun and so they put on a show depicting how they thought their parents treated them. it was a cute book hehe. anyway, i thot my class could do the same, but now everyone's moving away from that idea.
still, i really wonder how i'll be as a parent one day. will i be strict? loose? overprotective? hard to say. i think my parents have a pretty good balance - protective enough to keep us safe, but relaxed enough to keep us happy. hmm, i wonder about my future kids too much i think

Old Post 05-01-2003 06:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote