Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Relationships > Love and Dating > long distance love
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
lovedontloveme

long distance love

do you think it's possible? does it work? what does it take to maintain a long distance relationship? are you in one or have been in a long distance relationship?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-16-2002 11:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lovedontloveme Click here to Send lovedontloveme a Private Message Visit lovedontloveme's homepage! Find more posts by lovedontloveme Add lovedontloveme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

i was all prepared to be in one.. like in my weekend post.. but i guess it doesnt work out according to the girl i asked out.. oh well.. there are alot of things i didnt consider.. its really hard .. but if he or she is like 2 hours away.. i seriously dont consider than long distance unless the only means of transportation is wakling..

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 05-17-2002 07:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

Last edited by seung ju on 06-17-2004 at 05:54 AM

Old Post 05-17-2002 09:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

wow.. and i thought six hours was tough.

dude.. its inevitable. sucks tho. yo lets huddle in a corner and cry together and afterwards we can eat some jjajangmyun with kkohmool dripping in our bowls and drink beer till we throw up. WAAHHH GIRLS SUCK.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 05-17-2002 01:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

Last edited by seung ju on 06-17-2004 at 05:55 AM

Old Post 05-17-2002 02:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
psyTeK ver. 2.0
face the facts kid.

when in a long distance relationship, you can't be there to watch the person change. trust is good blah blah BLAH, but, face the facts: when seperated, destiny conforms to your solitude and things will happen which u cannot stop because your too far away to stop them.

Old Post 05-19-2002 05:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for psyTeK ver. 2.0 Click here to Send psyTeK ver. 2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by psyTeK ver. 2.0 Add psyTeK ver. 2.0 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

boy please, you dont know anything about our relationship. long distance relationships can work out, i've seen it with my own eyes. face the facts - though i agree with some of your opinions, you're not this big love expert you've pumped yourself up to be. and half of these people are young and they wont listen to you anyway, so why waste your time preachin when they dont give a shit about what you say anyway.

Old Post 05-19-2002 07:39 PM
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by psyTeK ver. 2.0
when seperated, destiny conforms to your solitude and things will happen which u cannot stop because your too far away to stop them.

Ahahahahaha, this has probably got to be the stupidest thing i've ever heard. Try doing some brian excercises before you post so then you don't put up asinine crap like this again.

oh yes and

FACE THE FACTS- you're stupid. Cross apply all my arguments from other posts as justification for this statement.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Last edited by Crazydeb8ter on 05-19-2002 at 07:49 PM

Old Post 05-19-2002 07:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

quote:
when in a long distance relationship, you can't be there to watch the person change. trust is good blah blah BLAH, but, face the facts: when seperated, destiny conforms to your solitude and things will happen which u cannot stop because your too far away to stop them.

why do you have to SEE them change?..... you don't need to see anything... a real relationship is all about the communication.... not just about "oh wow you look hot today let's make out"

and your face the facts thing... that's just crap... do you even know what you said? why do you need to stop things that they do? everyone changes.... you can't keep things the way they are... not even if you have a relationship that's right infront of your face... what? destiny conforms to your solitude? what kind of crap is that..... destiny doesn't conform to anything but your actions in the world...

Old Post 05-19-2002 08:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
junjinluber33

quote:
Originally posted by MellowYellow

destiny conforms to your solitude? what kind of crap is that..... destiny doesn't conform to anything but your actions in the world...

amen to that susan!

click^ leave a msg in my chatter box!

team3 biotch! its da group blog

Old Post 05-19-2002 08:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for junjinluber33 Click here to Send junjinluber33 a Private Message Visit junjinluber33's homepage! Find more posts by junjinluber33 Add junjinluber33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
psyTeK ver. 2.0
face the facts kid.

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter

Ahahahahaha, this has probably got to be the stupidest thing i've ever heard. Try doing some brian excercises before you post so then you don't put up asinine crap like this again.

oh yes and

FACE THE FACTS- you're stupid. Cross apply all my arguments from other posts as justification for this statement.

shut up crazydeb8ter, your more like a h8ter~ i never directly attacked ur ass in any of my posts. ur trying to pick a fight and face the facts, i don't give a shit how asinine you think my opinions are. my posts should be tolerated if not accepted and if they are so atrocious and untolerable then tell me to leave and i fucking will. but if not, i'll continue to have my say without your ass telling me otherwise. and why was that statement i made so 'stupid': tell me because you just saying that it's stupid is completely invalid and i have no respect for you until you give me ANY legitimate reason backing it up instead of "uhh, its stupid". got it?

Old Post 05-19-2002 08:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for psyTeK ver. 2.0 Click here to Send psyTeK ver. 2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by psyTeK ver. 2.0 Add psyTeK ver. 2.0 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
psyTeK ver. 2.0
face the facts kid.

quote:
Originally posted by seung ju
boy please, you dont know anything about our relationship. long distance relationships can work out, i've seen it with my own eyes. face the facts - though i agree with some of your opinions, you're not this big love expert you've pumped yourself up to be. and half of these people are young and they wont listen to you anyway, so why waste your time preachin when they dont give a shit about what you say anyway.

face the facts
did i self-proclaim myself a love expert? i don't post to put myself up on a higher pedestal to any of u on the topic of love. no one in here is a 'love expert', if he/she was one then they wouldn't lounge around this forum. and if these peeps are all young and dont give a shit what i have to say, then ill say what i have to say for my own self-satisfaction. and yeah, why would they care what the hell u say either then.

Old Post 05-19-2002 08:56 PM
psyTeK ver. 2.0
face the facts kid.

quote:
Originally posted by MellowYellow

why do you have to SEE them change?..... you don't need to see anything... a real relationship is all about the communication.... not just about "oh wow you look hot today let's make out"

and your face the facts thing... that's just crap... do you even know what you said? why do you need to stop things that they do? everyone changes.... you can't keep things the way they are... not even if you have a relationship that's right infront of your face... what? destiny conforms to your solitude? what kind of crap is that..... destiny doesn't conform to anything but your actions in the world...

i would have attempted to clarify my statement for everyone to have understanded it a bit better but like yellow mellon here is saying, seems people will ridicule my statements without trying to compromise an understandable meaning to any of the shit i dish out. what kind of crap is that? when your somewhere else with your partner far away, you have different options and different opportunities which change the course of your emotions for the person miles away. without the physical aspect of your partner there with you, a strictly voice/mail relationship can put strains on how you view the relationship and there will be an important piece missing from the unity of it. i don't mean a lacking piece in terms of kissing, sex, etc, but in terms of comfort. well whatever.
i guess i did try to clarify it.

Old Post 05-19-2002 09:09 PM
MellowYellow

quote:

i would have attempted to clarify my statement for everyone to have understanded it a bit better but like yellow mellon here is saying, seems people will ridicule my statements without trying to compromise an understandable meaning to any of the shit i dish out. what kind of crap is that? when your somewhere else with your partner far away, you have different options and different opportunities which change the course of your emotions for the person miles away. without the physical aspect of your partner there with you, a strictly voice/mail relationship can put strains on how you view the relationship and there will be an important piece missing from the unity of it. i don't mean a lacking piece in terms of kissing, sex, etc, but in terms of comfort. well whatever.
i guess i did try to clarify it.

my name is MellowYellow it's plain as day up there... not yellow mellon ..... and if you were being sarcastic again... doesn't work

okay clarify it further please... the comfort part..... can't you comfort by talking? and it's not like you'd never see each other again.....

Old Post 05-19-2002 09:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

quote:

face the facts
did i self-proclaim myself a love expert? i don't post to put myself up on a higher pedestal to any of u on the topic of love. no one in here is a 'love expert', if he/she was one then they wouldn't lounge around this forum. and if these peeps are all young and dont give a shit what i have to say, then ill say what i have to say for my own self-satisfaction. and yeah, why would they care what the hell u say either then.

the way you're actin you sure as hell coulda fooled me by saying you're not self proclaiming yourself. and for your own self satisfaction? wtf? do you get off by bein an ass to ppl? and how could they give a shit about what i say to them when what i said wasnt even targeted to them? face the facts if this is the way you get some sorta self satisfaction, go out and get a life.

and yeah, if a relationship is strong and there's love, it shouldnt matter if the physical aspect is missing. yeah, there will be strains, but if love is there, it's just an obstacle to pass, not a complete block. i agree with mellowyellow, comfort can be found through conversation. you dont have to be there touching them to speak, b/c the words will be the same.

Old Post 05-19-2002 09:47 PM
kRypTic_nABi
nohl jah q(-_-)p

i agree with psytek on da comfort thing..

i dunno how to explain wut i'm thinking..but its sumthing like wut psytek sed

Old Post 05-20-2002 06:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kRypTic_nABi Click here to Send kRypTic_nABi a Private Message Find more posts by kRypTic_nABi Add kRypTic_nABi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mEssEdupFroGgie

i was in a long distance relationship. actually my first bf was. he lived in artesia, in cerritos while i lived in orange. it was somewhat of a 30 min. drive if it was traffic and 20 min. if it was an okay day. i mean, it was far for me since i had no car and no one would take me. plus all the long distance phone calls ran up my bill. i didn't mind because i'd see him once a week at church, but it was at church which wasn't a place i considered to be a "dating" area. so we barely saw each other. and when we did, we barely did anything. then he broke up with me, bla bla bla.. buh if you really like this guy you wont let distance get in the way. i mean, i didn't buh he broke it off. *lame reason* like, you can always call the guy, you have communication, that's a key to a relationship. as long as you have communication then you're good. but the whole seeing thing is another story. but like i said, if you really like this guy you wont let distance get in the way.

Old Post 05-20-2002 07:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mEssEdupFroGgie Click here to Send mEssEdupFroGgie a Private Message Visit mEssEdupFroGgie's homepage! Find more posts by mEssEdupFroGgie Add mEssEdupFroGgie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:

seems people will ridicule my statements without trying to compromise an understandable meaning to any of the shit i dish out. what kind of crap is that?

Seems you have the same problem kid. So now your calling them statements? Ok...perhaps the reason so many people disagree with your posts is because of the arrogance people perceive to have, myself included. Reread your stuff, you think they don't sound even a little bit like "i'm right children, you don't know what you are talking about." Cause they do. "What kind of crap is that?" (your words if you cannot tell) People will respect your opinion if you dish it out as an opinion. Right now, your "opinions" are nothing more than "facts" and it's kind of hard to respect someones words who thinks they are correct enough to call them facts. If you want compromise, it's reciprocal kid. But you should know that by now, because you know a whole lot about everything. (your not proclaiming you do? Well you come off that way)

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 05-20-2002 07:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:

shut up crazydeb8ter, your more like a h8ter~ i never directly attacked ur ass in any of my posts. ur trying to pick a fight and face the facts, i don't give a shit how asinine you think my opinions are. my posts should be tolerated if not accepted and if they are so atrocious and untolerable then tell me to leave and i fucking will. but if not, i'll continue to have my say without your ass telling me otherwise. and why was that statement i made so 'stupid': tell me because you just saying that it's stupid is completely invalid and i have no respect for you until you give me ANY legitimate reason backing it up instead of "uhh, its stupid". got it?

ooh such coarse language. hahaha, this is a funny post. I thought that post was stupid as well btw. Saying it's stupid is completely valid, why don't you do a little more looking over on the post. He posted a quote, and said it was stupid haha, what is so hard to figure out about it? Obviously he disagrees since you cannot figure it out. So it does have validity, see kid? Your profanity doesn't help your image of the wise psyTek btw, it makes you look younger when you seem to want to look so mature. Anyway, Lata kid. Go back to your school where no one likes you.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 05-20-2002 07:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:

and why was that statement i made so 'stupid': tell me because you just saying that it's stupid is completely invalid and i have no respect for you until you give me ANY legitimate reason backing it up instead of "uhh, its stupid". got it?

Okay, 1) did you even TRY to read my post at all? Note specifically that I stated, "Cross apply all my arguments from other posts as justification for this statement." Do you know what cross apply means? It essentially means apply except I'm doing that from another post. So, thus if it is an easier read for you, i'll rephrase that last bit: "Apply all my arguments from OTHER POSTS (as in other topics) as justification for this statement."
So don't go around telling me that I have no justification for my statement, cause it's blatantly in your face right there.
2) Uhh? Me trying to pick a fight? Reread your posts and tell me who's actually trying to pick a fight here. If you're too lazy to do it, i'll tell you: a) Psychosnowman explains why clearly. What the hell is "face the facts." Are you implying that your opinion outweighs all? Secondly, by the phrase face the facts, you are stating that whatever you say is FACT. May we see some proof behind this? Throughout all your posts, you have not tried to give any proof, any reason why what you say is fact. YOu are obviously not a qualified expert in the field of "love and dating" so all your posts are not real facts. Maybe you should change it from Fact the Facts, to Face my goddamn crackass opinion.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 05-20-2002 09:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote