Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > General > Random Thoughts > salt.
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
micron
all i need is a miracle

ah. as soon as i think finished replying, theres another one to reply to. im going to sleep now, and im afraid ill be gone for the next two days - i need to study for my midterms. ill reply once i come back.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-29-2003 05:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

wow this blew up quite quickly...

really in my opinion (i jus noticed how accoustomed i am to using that statement now...) i could careless about the post count, spamming (as long as it doesn't get out of hand and kept to certain areas), and the politics of this whole issue... yes there has been a lack of meaningfull posts lately from what ive seen, but this forum hasn't particularly attracted the older more experienced and well spoken people... so its hard to put such a high standard of word usage in replies, not many people can match the ability to debate and put into words what they feel as well as victor, snowman, tm11 and such, so i don't feel its a good idea at putting the level that high... perhaps 30 would be appropriate? anyway i think its a decent idea, but needs some work... sorry if im just repeating the issues you guys said before, but i was really too lazy to read through that book of replies...

oh by the way... some of you people get offended much to easily at some harmless remarks... really some of the stuff you guys point out really has no bearing on the subject and can be avoided... just a suggestion, try ignoring some of the less offensive stuff eh?

Old Post 01-29-2003 06:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by jusunlee
ah. as soon as i think finished replying, theres another one to reply to. im going to sleep now, and im afraid ill be gone for the next two days - i need to study for my midterms. ill reply once i come back.

sure, no problem, take your time no rush.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 01-29-2003 09:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

I'm still curious to hear about the status of the e-zine as well as the media section, but like david said, no rush heh.

Old Post 01-29-2003 09:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

quote:
Originally posted by tm11
I'm still curious to hear about the status of the e-zine as well as the media section, but like david said, no rush heh.

yup yup! that's what I'm waiting for!!!

Old Post 01-29-2003 10:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

this thread is more of a debate type thing and should go to debates ^_^

Old Post 01-29-2003 11:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by niggoreanboi
this thread is more of a debate type thing and should go to debates ^_^

Well, it could i guess. But i don't think it fits the description of "Discuss God, science, and the importance of cheese." It just kind of appears as a debate because we are talking back and forth, and could very well be. But, the nature of the thread belongs in random thoughts i think.

-Cromwell

Old Post 01-30-2003 02:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
marvinOPPA
i like u this much

quote:

on the topic of ezine....its expected to start up next month...i have already submitted my little piece, and i believe jusun is lookin for steady writers.

Old Post 01-30-2003 02:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for marvinOPPA Click here to Send marvinOPPA a Private Message Find more posts by marvinOPPA Add marvinOPPA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
Well, it could i guess. But i don't think it fits the description of "Discuss God, science, and the importance of cheese." It just kind of appears as a debate because we are talking back and forth, and could very well be. But, the nature of the thread belongs in random thoughts i think.

Were there any threads discussing the importance of cheese?

Edit: spelling errors due to sleepyness.

Last edited by Alchemist on 01-30-2003 at 04:17 AM

Old Post 01-30-2003 04:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist
Where there any threads discussing the importance of cheese?

yeah there was. The URL is: http://www.jusunlee.com/forums/show...p;threadid=4698

-Cromwell

Old Post 01-30-2003 04:13 AM
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
yeah there was. The URL is: http://www.jusunlee.com/forums/show...p;threadid=4698

Amazing, thanks for the link, now I don't have to search for it.

Old Post 01-30-2003 04:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micron
all i need is a miracle

quote:
Originally posted by marvinOPPA
the reason people thought u meant 200+ word count for all posts...even tho u dint say such a thing...its because people tend to gestalt...or in laymen's terms...complete an object or make whole...so by readin 'quality post' and '200+ words' the simply "completed" ur statement....for example...the picuture at the bottom was sent out to random people and i asked for them to look at the picture and to redraw it....100% (6 of 6)redrew a COMPLETE circle...even tho everybody sees the gap...unconciously completes the circle in their mind and draws a complete circle...
haha. a psychological perspective to why people misunderstood.. no wonder you were pressing me to make a 'circle'. but the reason i redrew a full circle was because i misunderstood what you meant - the directions you gave me were too vague and i didnt know what you really wanted me to do. i think thats also part of the reason why people were confused here - the wording i used, and how i presented everything.

quote:
No offense is intended at all. But, every single person made this argument pretty much, and you brushed it aside when i said it in a condescending way, brushed it aside when victor said it, only for you to honor TM11 for it? I don't really care that much and no offense is intended...but i don't see why you have to pick and choose, especially after you denoted almost my entire first post as "baseless" (granted a lot of it was) when i voiced this very same argument.
actually, crazydeb8ters argument was misleading - he stressed the requirement of 200 posts for every posts more than anything else. i overlooked it the first time i read it, but i did mention something about it in my last reply to crazydeb8ter. and i dont think you ever implicitly criticized the apparent unfairness of penalizing people only by my perception of what was quality or not. if you did, i must have overlooked it, im sorry.

quote:
Just to clarify as i don't think i really ever did, i figured the wording you used, "bearocracy" entailed something bad. We've talked about it in the backstage forum about how the beaurocracy of the moderators may scare people away, because new poeple may come here and see every know everyone on a first name basis and whatever and be deterred from it. I didn't think you realized that you could possibly make a new one, and that i thought you wanted to get rid of it by making what i perceived to be your new democracy. But, now i realize you did and i had a lot of misconceptions.

Anyway, i think this really is a good idea. I really misperceived it, and i'm looking forward to seeing this being actuated in these forums.

its 2.30am right now, i need more brain power to give you a more thorough reply. ill get back to you tomorrow, to everyone actually, becuase this really concerns everyone. ill rebrief myself in american history and lay out the basic guidelines of the new government based on the american republic sometime tomorrow. everyone is free to add or suggest anything. everyone will be included in the making - we'll all do this together. as an incentive, for people who really help out, im going to give them a secret pass to the new media section (accessible only for one week though). =)

quote:
Originally posted by TyGer STyLe
really in my opinion (i jus noticed how accoustomed i am to using that statement now...) i could careless about the post count, spamming (as long as it doesn't get out of hand and kept to certain areas), and the politics of this whole issue... yes there has been a lack of meaningfull posts lately from what ive seen, but this forum hasn't particularly attracted the older more experienced and well spoken people... so its hard to put such a high standard of word usage in replies, not many people can match the ability to debate and put into words what they feel as well as victor, snowman, tm11 and such, so i don't feel its a good idea at putting the level that high... perhaps 30 would be appropriate? anyway i think its a decent idea, but needs some work... sorry if im just repeating the issues you guys said before, but i was really too lazy to read through that book of replies...
you have some good points but i think theyve all been mentioned already. and just to clarify again, because i think youve misread my original thread, i wasnt going to require 200+ word posts on every post. i asked people to make meaningful posts more often, and in my haste attributed 'meaningful' by '200+ words'. and the penalty was for people who i deemed replied thoughtlessly in the more thoughtful posts, so to preserve the quality of the thread. the former still stands, but the latter, i decided might not be for the best.

quote:
Originally posted by TyGer STyLe
oh by the way... some of you people get offended much to easily at some harmless remarks... really some of the stuff you guys point out really has no bearing on the subject and can be avoided... just a suggestion, try ignoring some of the less offensive stuff eh?
heh. its called passionate writing. haha, im only joking. yes, i think some replies got out of hand, mine included. thanks for the advice, will keep in mind next time. =)

quote:
im planning to put up a new batch of old zandd.com articles sometime this week. and hopefully, for next month, we can start our own. i shouldnt be all that busy now, that college apps are over and 2nd semester started. ill be able to dedicate more time into this site. =)

Old Post 02-03-2003 07:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
psyTeK ver. 2.0
face the facts kid.

face the facts, there will always be a difference between short, meaningful statements and long, argumentive rambling.

I've seen my share of long replies on this forum; most of it is pure arrogance.

i'm going back to my part of the forum now.

Old Post 02-06-2003 06:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for psyTeK ver. 2.0 Click here to Send psyTeK ver. 2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by psyTeK ver. 2.0 Add psyTeK ver. 2.0 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

face the ass , its not life or death. why sweat it. your only a h.s. student. worry bout your grades and college. go to church. eat healthy. then at the very least worry bout the "content" of posts. you asking us to provide satisfactory comments and threads is as ludacris as the osbournes without the cursing.

besides. if it bugs you so much... resolve it yourself.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 02-06-2003 06:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
marvinOPPA
i like u this much

sang cheon....who is that girl ur in ur sig?

Old Post 02-07-2003 03:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for marvinOPPA Click here to Send marvinOPPA a Private Message Find more posts by marvinOPPA Add marvinOPPA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

quote:
Originally posted by marvinOPPA
sang cheon....who is that girl ur in ur sig?

She's the main character from the movie Amelie, i think it was nominated for an oscar last year? It's not too old, it was a pretty good movie too, I remember seeing it on an airplane flight to India.

Old Post 02-07-2003 03:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micron
all i need is a miracle

quote:
It would be very convenient if we at least had a partial media section that had videos, and star info, just as the one you had up was, except without audio files..

here you go. sorry, i didnt have time to work on the new bureaucracy. ill first on the next batch of ezine, i think thats more important for the site.

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU
face the ass , its not life or death. why sweat it. your only a h.s. student. worry bout your grades and college. go to church. eat healthy. then at the very least worry bout the "content" of posts. you asking us to provide satisfactory comments and threads is as ludacris as the osbournes without the cursing.

besides. if it bugs you so much... resolve it yourself.

i never said it was about life and death, not even close to it.

quote:
Originally posted by psyTeK ver. 2.0
face the facts, there will always be a difference between short, meaningful statements and long, argumentive rambling.

I've seen my share of long replies on this forum; most of it is pure arrogance.

i'm going back to my part of the forum now.

thats already been concluded somewhere in the replies.

Old Post 02-07-2003 05:27 AM
micron
all i need is a miracle

unstuck
ill post up the guidelines on the new bureaucracy in backstage when i get around it. to conclude:

1. please consider making thoughtful posts once in a while if you arent already.
2. please think before you reply to thoughtful posts.
3. please consider being more open and personal.

Old Post 02-07-2003 05:40 AM
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

Personally I pride myself on being succinct in my thoughts. If it comes down to a word minimum for a well thought out post, then I will be terribly appalled. I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. However, these are not my forums, this is not my domain name and I'm not the admin of admins so who gives a damn.
If you don't like the new rules, please feel free to leave.
This is a right you are given. If you wish, exercise it. If it comes to that I certainly will.

Old Post 02-07-2003 09:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for requiem Click here to Send requiem a Private Message Find more posts by requiem Add requiem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

i'm glad everything has been resolved.
btw jusun, i think you'd make a good debater.

Old Post 02-08-2003 06:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote