Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Cars > fast and furious....
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
True Life

I want to piss on all you kids, tryin to be all hardcore n shit. that movie was more fun than any fucking car club will ever be. shit.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-01-2002 05:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for True Life Click here to Send True Life a Private Message Find more posts by True Life Add True Life to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

quote:
Originally posted by True Life
BITCH, I THOUGHT YOU DIDNT SPEND A CENT TO SEE THAT MOVIE

1.) didn't give my review of the movie, cars were tight. the acting sucked IMO.
2.) i sense hypocrisy.

Old Post 05-01-2002 05:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for volcom strider Click here to Send volcom strider a Private Message Find more posts by volcom strider Add volcom strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flostar

quote:

BITCH, I THOUGHT YOU DIDNT SPEND A CENT TO SEE THAT MOVIE

haha funny guy....
who said i spent a penny watchin it?

Old Post 05-01-2002 05:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for flostar Click here to Send flostar a Private Message Visit flostar's homepage! Find more posts by flostar Add flostar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
True Life

quote:
Originally posted by volcom strider

1.) didn't give my review of the movie, cars were tight. the acting sucked IMO.
2.) i sense hypocrisy.

what is this hypocrisy shit??

quote:
Originally posted by flostar

haha funny guy....
who said i spent a penny watchin it?

well if you saw it and thought it was entertainin to a point, whyd you get all "i'm too good for that movie" when i brought it up? everyone tryin to be a smartass.

Old Post 05-01-2002 05:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for True Life Click here to Send True Life a Private Message Find more posts by True Life Add True Life to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flostar

a smart ass? aint no body talkin shiet on people who like that movie. i just dont like shallowness. go ahead and rant all u want.

Old Post 05-01-2002 05:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for flostar Click here to Send flostar a Private Message Visit flostar's homepage! Find more posts by flostar Add flostar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

quote:
what is this hypocrisy shit??

talking/posting like ur some kind of ghetto hardcore internet thug or something. stick to aol chatrooms please.

Old Post 05-01-2002 05:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for volcom strider Click here to Send volcom strider a Private Message Find more posts by volcom strider Add volcom strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
True Life

quote:

talking/posting like ur some kind of ghetto hardcore internet thug or something. stick to aol chatrooms please.

okay, i'm ghetto? why, cuz i said bitch? i must be tryin to be thug, right?

and how is that hypocrisy?

Old Post 05-01-2002 05:43 PM
True Life

Nevermind, I see what you mean... you mean cuz i said everyone's tryin to be hardcore.

Well i didn't mean hardcore like hardcore thug, i meant like hardcore car aficionados.
I'll be sure to stick to those AOL chatrooms from now on and stay out of your way.

Old Post 05-01-2002 05:46 PM
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

geez sorry if i hurt ur web dignity or w/e. just be more specific...i was just making suggestions to the person who asked for it, nothing more. i have no beef with anyone. that's up to you, prototype and flostar.

Old Post 05-01-2002 05:54 PM
flostar

quote:

geez sorry if i hurt ur web dignity or w/e. just be more specific...i was just making suggestions to the person who asked for it, nothing more. i have no beef with anyone. that's up to you, prototype and flostar.

Well I dunno why my name should pop up. I stated the movie was shallow and full of cliches. Reason being, I am not too impressed with the American racing scene, I like researching on the Euro and Japanese scenes where they tune their cars to do real racing, not just straight way drags. I did not flame on anyone for liking the movie....so.........blah.

Last edited by flostar on 05-01-2002 at 06:16 PM

Old Post 05-01-2002 06:13 PM
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

quote:
Originally posted by flostar

Well I dunno why my name should pop up. I stated the movie was shallow and full of cliches. Reason being, I am not too impressed with the American racing scene, I like researching on the Euro and Japanese scenes where they tune their cars to do real racing, not just straight way drags. I did not flame on anyone for liking the movie....so.........blah.

drag racing isnt real racing? why? last time i checked it was..
drag racing isnt the most easiest thing in the world.. its not just about power like most people think. its how well u know how to drive ur damn car
.. i wanna know what kinda racing u do..

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 05-01-2002 08:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

The movie was full of bullshit.

It wasnt that the movie was filled with false information, it's that they tried to peddle that false information as reality.

and flostar, what exactley are you talking about?

by "The american racing scene" do you mean street drags, or do you mean professional racing. like stock car racing.

most street drag racers, dont have the money or will to tune their cars for cornering.

most street draggers, race daily driven cars.

Old Post 05-01-2002 09:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Prototype Click here to Send Prototype a Private Message Visit Prototype's homepage! Find more posts by Prototype Add Prototype to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flostar

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU

drag racing isnt the most easiest thing in the world.. its not just about power like most people think. its how well u know how to drive ur damn car

well exactly what im trying to get at is, the euro and japanese people tune their cars intended for circuit, track, handling, and auto-cross. Sure an amateaur novice like me will be smoked by 10000Ft. by real draggers, but handling and racing with obstacles seem more sophisticated to me. "NAWWWZZZZZ" :sleepy:

Old Post 05-02-2002 02:43 AM
ryosuke

quote:

Drag racing is real racing. And it does matter how well you know your car. But I think that alot of people have gotten sick of the drag scene due to kids out there today. Also alot of people who autocross look upon people who just go fast in a straightline as amateur work.
Personally, I got out of the drag racing scene.

Old Post 05-02-2002 01:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ryosuke Click here to Send ryosuke a Private Message Find more posts by ryosuke Add ryosuke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flostar

quote:
Originally posted by ryosuke

Drag racing is real racing. And it does matter how well you know your car. But I think that alot of people have gotten sick of the drag scene due to kids out there today. Also alot of people who autocross look upon people who just go fast in a straightline as amateur work.
Personally, I got out of the drag racing scene.

well from your other post, i can see why you now have a sil-80

Old Post 05-02-2002 05:23 PM
EvaX
Gringo Noche

on supin' up your 97 Integra I have a couple options for you...

If you're not runnin' a GS-R motor in there you could go with a NA (Naturally Aspirated, meaning non-turbo) by going for an LS/VTEC hookup, sounds quite expensive, but it really is inexpensive to hookin' up a Turbo, plus if you do have an LS the tranny on that is better for power compared to a GS-R tranny (you see alot of people swap that out of their GS-Rs also) but you can also run in and get a turbo...my friend pumps 14psi outta his turbo but that's cuz he bore is engine a bit and worked on it alot...but i'm sure with a turbo upgrade it'll help alot, superchargers (like ones from Vortex) can help in the higher speeds while the Turbo, although being prone to the infamous "turbo lag" usually helps out more with acceleration, but that could be fixed with a nice Turbo timer...umm i suggest staying away from NOS, it's quite a quick and cheap solution on quick HP gain, but it wears at your motor alot, but so does Turbo...hehe, but i think LS/VTEC would be quite the upgrade from an LS, really pumpin' out alot of juice, bring your car to above Type-R spec...

Old Post 05-27-2002 02:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for EvaX Click here to Send EvaX a Private Message Visit EvaX's homepage! Find more posts by EvaX Add EvaX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

omg above type-R spec...

that's so cool, can you imagine a 220hp integra!

-_-;

Old Post 05-27-2002 03:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Prototype Click here to Send Prototype a Private Message Visit Prototype's homepage! Find more posts by Prototype Add Prototype to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JohnnyLemonhead
Sour

quote:
Originally posted by Prototype
That ferrari would have torn the supra a new one.

Wrong

quote:
Ferrari spyders do 0-60 in like 3.9 seconds, they top out at like 220..

Double Wrong.

What the hell is a Ferrari Spyder? I assume you mean a 360 Spyder? I think the car in the movie was a 355. The 360 Spyder does 0 to 60 in around 4.5 seconds (same time as a Z06) and tops out around 180mph. It's a fast car, not a supercar. Also, it would not have been beaten by the Supra. In fact, it would have been left behind damn fast. A 360 Spyder is a 13 second car, whereas the Supra in that movie is a "10 second car." Ferraris are about precision, not drag racing.

quote:
At one point, Ja Rule looks under the hood and says "This fools got enough nitrous to blow himself up" Unfortunately, you do not keep the bottles of nitrous under the hood, so ja rule might has noticed the wet works kit.. but he couldnt have know how much boost the car was pushing.

The point is irrelevant because Nitrous Oxide is not flammable or explosive on it's own. In fact, it's quite stable, which is why it was chosen as an oxidizer. All of the Nitrous "blowing up" stories that I've heard of involve malfunctioning bottle heaters or on really hot days, causing the bottle to blow up from pressure, not in an actual explosion.

quote:

Sure drag racing is real racing, but that doesn't make it interesting. Drag racing is for fast cars, roadracing is for fast people

Old Post 05-27-2002 07:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyLemonhead Click here to Send JohnnyLemonhead a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyLemonhead Add JohnnyLemonhead to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

That supra was NOT a 10 second car though, it was far from it.. have you seen the real specs from it?

Hm, damnit you are right about the ferrari though :P what I had was second hand information

Old Post 05-27-2002 08:07 AM
JohnnyLemonhead
Sour

Well, yeah, in real life it's probably not a 10 second car. But in "movie terms" it would have left the Ferrari behind, and there wouldn't have even been a race.

Old Post 05-27-2002 08:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyLemonhead Click here to Send JohnnyLemonhead a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyLemonhead Add JohnnyLemonhead to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote