Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Cars > Hyundai Elantra Ranks 2nd on $16,000 and under test.
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Street RSX

quote:
Originally posted by tea
get more money and buy a german car =)

haha good thinkin tony!! ahah

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-06-2002 07:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HyundaiWRC

I don't even understsand what the hell your talking about, Prototype..

According to my uncle who works at Hyundai.. a Hyundai Verna 1.3 that cost 7,500,000 won would cost approximently 6,000 USD.

just make it simple as that.. dam.

and stop making stupid ass come backs... never have children.. phua!

tahts like something a middle school student would say.

Old Post 10-06-2002 06:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for HyundaiWRC Click here to Send HyundaiWRC a Private Message Find more posts by HyundaiWRC Add HyundaiWRC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

quote:
Originally posted by HyundaiWRC
I don't even understsand what the hell your talking about, Prototype..

According to my uncle who works at Hyundai.. a Hyundai Verna 1.3 that cost 7,500,000 won would cost approximently 6,000 USD.

just make it simple as that.. dam.

and stop making stupid ass come backs... never have children.. phua!

tahts like something a middle school student would say.

I'm saying that 12 year old kids dont know how to do math.

just because the won is worth less does not make a car bought in won cheaper than a car bought in USD.

you should be dickslapped for being so abusively dumb. your uncle too.

Old Post 10-06-2002 11:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Prototype Click here to Send Prototype a Private Message Visit Prototype's homepage! Find more posts by Prototype Add Prototype to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HyundaiWRC

Man, your the rudest korean i have ever met.. you call my uncle dumb.. thats just plane disrespect.

If you call my uncle dumb, then yoru parents are morons for having you born.

anyways.. yes it does.... What ever the value in Korea.. it will cost less in America.

Prototype what is your occupation.. My uncle is a Mechanical Engineer at Namyang.. probably makes more many than both ofr your dumbasss parents.

Old Post 10-07-2002 12:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HyundaiWRC Click here to Send HyundaiWRC a Private Message Find more posts by HyundaiWRC Add HyundaiWRC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

quote:
Man, your the rudest korean i have ever met.. you call my uncle dumb.. thats just plane disrespect.

anyways.. yes it does.... What ever the value in Korea.. it will cost less in America.

Prototype what is your occupation.. My uncle is a Mechanical Engineer at Namyang.. probably makes more many than both ofr your dumbasss parents.

I'm calling your uncle dumb because he is.

you cant disrespect someone you dont have respect for in the first place. the reason I dont have respect for him? because he's related to you.

and l m a o@your uncle working in namyang at some shitty job. You probably dont even know what jobs fall into the mechanical engineering field. But then, why should I care what your retarded uncle does. this beef is between you and me.

you're an idiot 12 year old kid who doesnt understand currency rates.

Old Post 10-07-2002 01:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Prototype Click here to Send Prototype a Private Message Visit Prototype's homepage! Find more posts by Prototype Add Prototype to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

holy jesus this is hilarious. wrc i think you should give up. your running out of shitty lame excuses.

Props To Huby

Old Post 10-07-2002 01:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mystiKnight

what's a Hyundai Verna? if it's not sold in the US, how can we compare it's prices? compare the prices with something that's sold both in the US and Korea.

Old Post 10-07-2002 03:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mystiKnight Click here to Send mystiKnight a Private Message Find more posts by mystiKnight Add mystiKnight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
you call my uncle dumb.. thats just plane disrespect.

you're a moron for spelling "plane" in as in the aircraft, instead of the adjective "plain" as it should be.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 10-07-2002 04:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

just give up wrc.. just as you are passionate about korean cars.. there are those who are just as much or more passionate about hating them.

theres no point in arguing with them. its just all opinion.

i would like to say that 90 percent of threads i read on jsl are like "whats the point?" but keep creating threads about your opinon on cars, kimchee whatever..

if this thread gets out of hand creating more insults than the subject at hand i will close or delete it.
muchos gracias happy posting and arguing!!! d=D

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 10-07-2002 04:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU
just give up wrc.. just as you are passionate about korean cars.. there are those who are just as much or more passionate about hating them.

theres no point in arguing with them. its just all opinion.

i would like to say that 90 percent of threads i read on jsl are like "whats the point?" but keep creating threads about your opinon on cars, kimchee whatever..

if this thread gets out of hand creating more insults than the subject at hand i will close or delete it.
muchos gracias happy posting and arguing!!! d=D

I take it you didnt really read the last posts.

this thread is no longer about the quality of korean cars. its about how wrc thinks that 4 dollars is worth more than 16 quarters.

Old Post 10-07-2002 11:02 AM
micron
all i need is a miracle

actually, prototype, you have a bit of misunderstanding here. when you exchange currency, there is more than the exchange rate involved. what's more important is inflation, the real value of the currency. a 1 dollar bill is equivalent to around 1200 won. yet, you can buy a lot more with the latter because the inflation is much lower in korea than america. likewise when korean car manufacturers make cars and export them to america, they have little need but to sell them extremely cheap, simply because a dollar there has a lot more worth than a dollar here. so yes, 4 dollars can in fact be worth more than 16 quarters in certain circumstances.

in a traditional sense, companies have little reason to inflate the value of their products as long as companies are able to post a profit in their board meetings. and believe me, hyundai is getting a lot more for their cars sold here than back in korea, where everything is cheap, cheap, cheap. so it's no problem for them to sell cars (in america) in what americans think is very cheap, because, as far as their concerned, its overpriced. so hyundaiwrc would be correct in this case. had hyundai been a japanese car company, whose yen is inflated more than the american dollar, cars from hyundai would have sold for a lot more in the american market.

all in all, in a business perspective hyundai undervalue their cars, which gives the average consumers a predisposed idea that hyundai cars are low quality. that's hardly justified, considering most people in korea drive a hyundai and have little problems with it. the company would have went bankrupted long before, the way some of you guys portray the company to be. aside from street rsx and hyundaiwrc, i wonder if anyone of you guys have had a direct experience with the quality of their cars. but you guys already seem to have this belief that they're low quality simply because you see them as under priced.

ehhhh. funny, considering this is coming from a person who has ABSOLUTELY NO interest in cars. heck, i don't know what a suspension is, if that is really in the car enthusiasts' vocabulary. but i do understand a thing or two about how inflation works, seeing that ive lived in four different countries. so spare the bashing please, im just an innocent bystander. really. ^__^;

ps. why are all of you so mean to hyundaiwrc?!!!

Old Post 10-07-2002 11:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

quote:
Originally posted by jusunlee
actually, prototype, you have a bit of misunderstanding here. when you exchange currency, there is more than the exchange rate involved. what's more important is inflation, the real value of the currency. a 1 dollar bill is equivalent to around 1200 won. yet, you can buy a lot more with the latter because the inflation is much lower in korea than america. likewise when korean car manufacturers make cars and export them to america, they have little need but to sell them extremely cheap, simply because a dollar there has a lot more worth than a dollar here. so yes, 4 dollars can in fact be worth more than 16 quarters in certain circumstances.

in a traditional sense, companies have little reason to inflate the value of their products as long as companies are able to post a profit in their board meetings. and believe me, hyundai is getting a lot more for their cars sold here than back in korea, where everything is cheap, cheap, cheap. so it's no problem for them to sell cars (in america) in what americans think is very cheap, because, as far as their concerned, its overpriced. so hyundaiwrc would be correct in this case. had hyundai been a japanese car company, whose yen is inflated more than the american dollar, cars from hyundai would have sold for a lot more in the american market.

all in all, in a business perspective hyundai undervalue their cars, which gives the average consumers a predisposed idea that hyundai cars are low quality. that's hardly justified, considering most people in korea drive a hyundai and have little problems with it. the company would have went bankrupted long before, the way some of you guys portray the company to be. aside from street rsx and hyundaiwrc, i wonder if anyone of you guys have had a direct experience with the quality of their cars. but you guys already seem to have this belief that they're low quality simply because you see them as under priced.

ehhhh. funny, considering this is coming from a person who has ABSOLUTELY NO interest in cars. heck, i don't know what a suspension is, if that is really in the car enthusiasts' vocabulary. but i do understand a thing or two about how inflation works, seeing that ive lived in four different countries. so spare the bashing please, im just an innocent bystander. really. ^__^;

bah, jusun he started the beef. I'm just finishing it.

and inflation makes sense, but then when koreans sell cars to the american market, korean inflation doesnt apply.

because they are selling to the american market, the cost is 'inflated' like you said, because americans have higher standard wages than those of korea and thus we can afford to pay more for a car.

But then if you were to buy a car from korea and import it,you would find it would cost you even more.

and micron, everything you said just makes my stance stronger.

if the prices on korean cars is inflated by quite a bit for the american market, would they not be even cheaper if the prices werent inflated?

This is what I dont understand. sure labor costs in korea would be greatly reduced, but not enough to lower the price of a car by a significant amount.

materials bought my japan and korea would both be bought in the same places at the same price.

but a korean car is worth much less than a japanese car in the same class.

Why.

could it perhaps be craftsmanship?

Old Post 10-07-2002 12:10 PM
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

quote:
Originally posted by Prototype

I take it you didnt really read the last posts.

I read every single post . the original subject was some contest or whatever. now its the value of the cars n the currency of the korean won. you guys should start a new thread if you guys are gonna argue about that so more people can give their input.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 10-07-2002 09:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by jusunlee

i get sick of seeing Hyundai, Hyundai, Hyundai all the time. But he has a right to post all that up, so i don't complain.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 10-08-2002 12:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HyundaiWRC

Crazydeb8ter

sory, fo , nooot , speling, everi , singl, werd, wright.. I am not pearfecctt.

Prototype..,

i don't start shit... i just post to let people see that Hyundai is a good car company and gaining respect.

and fucking moron.. I am 19 and I am in the US Navy as a Engineer. an did a Internship in high sschool in Mechanical engineer. AND IT AIN'T NO SHITTY JOB. Namyang design studio i sone of the best in Asia. And you need to go to college for this job.. if you know what college is in your life.

mystiKnight

Hyundai Verna is the Hyundai Accent here. like the Hyundai Tuscani(Korea), Hyundai Coupe(Europe), Hyundai Tiburon(USA)

Last edited by HyundaiWRC on 10-08-2002 at 01:12 AM

Old Post 10-08-2002 12:58 AM
-jzn-
HwanHee Wannabe

quote:
Originally posted by Prototype

bah, jusun he started the beef. I'm just finishing it.

and inflation makes sense, but then when koreans sell cars to the american market, korean inflation doesnt apply.

because they are selling to the american market, the cost is 'inflated' like you said, because americans have higher standard wages than those of korea and thus we can afford to pay more for a car.

But then if you were to buy a car from korea and import it,you would find it would cost you even more.

and micron, everything you said just makes my stance stronger.

if the prices on korean cars is inflated by quite a bit for the american market, would they not be even cheaper if the prices werent inflated?

This is what I dont understand. sure labor costs in korea would be greatly reduced, but not enough to lower the price of a car by a significant amount.

materials bought my japan and korea would both be bought in the same places at the same price.

but a korean car is worth much less than a japanese car in the same class.

Why.

could it perhaps be craftsmanship?

Your explanation of disregarding the value of currency doesn't make sense. Have you ever noticed, since you say my japan how a simple bowl of noodles will cost over $10 sometimes? How is this explained? More money is made in japan, and thus there can be more money exchanged freely. I believe that tokyo has the most value in the world per-square-foot. It's about the value of the currency exchanged.
Let's say that in Korea, you could buy a shirt for 5 USD. In the US, the price for the same shirt would be 10 USD, and in Japan the shirt would be 15 USD. That's my understanding of what jusun is trying to say. You're shifting the argument to something that you can win by saying that importing a car from korea would cost you more money. You can be darn sure that importing a car from Japan would cost more money too.

Also, you try to tag craftsmanship as the reason for the low prices on hyundais, yet you forget to mention companies like Mitsubishi who have absolutely horrible records of quality control.
Sure, companies like Honda, Toyota and Subaru have all proven their quality over time. I have actually seen an Impreza sold even though it had over 210k miles on it. The fact of the matter is that these companies have already been rated with a high residual value. Hyundai can't compete with that because of their past track record with the excels and the ponys. Consumers WILL NOT buy a car that will lose over half its value in 1.5x the time of a honda/toyota unless they are given a lower price to lose from.

One last thing... if the manufacturing craftsmanship of japanese automakers are so great, please tell me why they won't extend their warantees to match Hyundai. Honda has recalled over 1.2 million cars for bad trannies. Hyundai is proving with their warantee that they have made vast improvements in the quality of their vehicles.

Old Post 10-15-2002 09:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for -jzn- Click here to Send -jzn- a Private Message Find more posts by -jzn- Add -jzn- to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bbbbounce

Talking :D

thanks guyz....for teaching me about carz and the market economy

keep up the good debating work

Old Post 10-21-2002 04:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bbbbounce Click here to Send bbbbounce a Private Message Find more posts by bbbbounce Add bbbbounce to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

quote:
Originally posted by -jzn-

Your explanation of disregarding the value of currency doesn't make sense. Have you ever noticed, since you say my japan how a simple bowl of noodles will cost over $10 sometimes? How is this explained? More money is made in japan, and thus there can be more money exchanged freely. I believe that tokyo has the most value in the world per-square-foot. It's about the value of the currency exchanged.
Let's say that in Korea, you could buy a shirt for 5 USD. In the US, the price for the same shirt would be 10 USD, and in Japan the shirt would be 15 USD. That's my understanding of what jusun is trying to say. You're shifting the argument to something that you can win by saying that importing a car from korea would cost you more money. You can be darn sure that importing a car from Japan would cost more money too.

Also, you try to tag craftsmanship as the reason for the low prices on hyundais, yet you forget to mention companies like Mitsubishi who have absolutely horrible records of quality control.
Sure, companies like Honda, Toyota and Subaru have all proven their quality over time. I have actually seen an Impreza sold even though it had over 210k miles on it. The fact of the matter is that these companies have already been rated with a high residual value. Hyundai can't compete with that because of their past track record with the excels and the ponys. Consumers WILL NOT buy a car that will lose over half its value in 1.5x the time of a honda/toyota unless they are given a lower price to lose from.

One last thing... if the manufacturing craftsmanship of japanese automakers are so great, please tell me why they won't extend their warantees to match Hyundai. Honda has recalled over 1.2 million cars for bad trannies. Hyundai is proving with their warantee that they have made vast improvements in the quality of their vehicles.

"Your explanation of disregarding the value of currency doesn't make sense. Have you ever noticed, since you say my japan how a simple bowl of noodles will cost over $10 sometimes? How is this explained? More money is made in japan, and thus there can be more money exchanged freely. "

I have no idea what the hell you were trying to say, but yeah labor costs decide average income.

How much of korea drive hyundai? Hyundai doesnt cater to the korean market, they cater to the americans.

The korean inflation and market dont apply to korean cars sold in the US. because they arent purchased by americans in korea and sold to americans, korean inflation doesnt touch the after-production/shipping cost of the car.

a korean car that cost 8k to produce and 2k to ship is sold in american for 16k.

after conversion rates apply to USD converted into korean won; maybe the car would cost 12k due to the fact tht there is no shipping, and the average korean wage is much less..

which means that if you were in korea shopping for cars, you could theoretically get it for much cheaper than you could in america.

Unfortunately for anyone living in korea, you would probably be paid an average korean wage.. just like every other korean in korea.

"lets say that Hyundai was a Japanese car... Hyundai's would be expensive."

this whole argument is about that stupid comment.

If hyundai was a japanese car, they would still be sold to the americans where inflation of the korean and japanese markets dont apply to anything but manufacturing cost.

For no reason would a car being produced in japan with the same materials as a honda be worth so much more.

"One last thing... if the manufacturing craftsmanship of japanese automakers are so great, please tell me why they won't extend their warantees to match Hyundai. Honda has recalled over 1.2 million cars for bad trannies. Hyundai is proving with their warantee that they have made vast improvements in the quality of their vehicles."

Maybe that warranty is a marketing ploy. How many people own cars for 7 years or whatever, without getting in a single accident. How many people still drive the same car for 7 years.

If I were to sell someone insurance, I would sell them kidney transplant insurance for an outrageous amount of money.. knowing that 95% of the people who bought it, would never have a kidney transplant.

Old Post 10-21-2002 05:01 AM
ryosuke

All I can say is that if he closes the thread... I reopen it or move it. Plain and simple.

Old Post 10-21-2002 06:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ryosuke Click here to Send ryosuke a Private Message Find more posts by ryosuke Add ryosuke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

quote:
Originally posted by ryosuke
All I can say is that if he closes the thread... I reopen it or move it. Plain and simple.

why.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 10-21-2002 09:57 AM