Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Cars > Hyundai Elantra Ranks 2nd on $16,000 and under test.
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
HyundaiWRC

Hyundai Elantra Ranks 2nd on $16,000 and under test.

Now thumb through the magazine past the contenders:
10th place, Kia Spectra 68 points
9th place, Suzuki Aerio GS 73 points
8th place, Nissan Sentra GXE 82 points
6th place tie, Dodge Neon SXT 83 points
6th place tie, Mitsubishi Lancer O-Z 83 points
5th place, Honda Civic LX 87 points
4th place, Ford Focus SE 88 points
3rd place, Toyota Corolla LE 90 points
2nd place, Hyundai Elantra GLS 91 points
1st place, Mazda Protege LX 92 points

Although the Elantra appears to have won over the reviewers, there are still some aberrations in the scoring. The evaluation rails on Honda for poor build quality including body panels and interior issues as well as spotty paint. However, the Civic is awarded a score of 8 for fit and finish - the same as the Elantra. Further, the writers acknowledge that the Elantra is a fantastic value yet in the category of value only give it a 7 while the most expensive car in the test, the Protege scores an 8. A close call for first place, for certain!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-05-2002 01:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HyundaiWRC Click here to Send HyundaiWRC a Private Message Find more posts by HyundaiWRC Add HyundaiWRC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

hek even tha Spectra grabbed tha numba ten spot!! thas reallie nice wit tha Elantra thea.. buh whyz protege always doin so good these dayz.. i dun even think itz worth drivin...

Old Post 10-05-2002 01:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

oopzz nevermind about tha spectra bein numba ten.. thas last place.. jus found thiz list in tha car and driver mag.. well at least elantras numba 2!!!!

Old Post 10-05-2002 01:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

whats the point in all these threads?

Old Post 10-05-2002 06:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Prototype Click here to Send Prototype a Private Message Visit Prototype's homepage! Find more posts by Prototype Add Prototype to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mystiKnight

quote:
Originally posted by Prototype
whats the point in all these threads?

He's a Hyundai enthusiast, he just wants you to acknowledge their existence, if not praise them. Maybe he's just weary because he sees Koreans not driving or accepting their own cars. Or he just wants to prove how good Korean cars are compared to others.

Old Post 10-05-2002 08:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mystiKnight Click here to Send mystiKnight a Private Message Find more posts by mystiKnight Add mystiKnight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

quote:
Originally posted by mystiKnight

He's a Hyundai enthusiast, he just wants you to acknowledge their existence, if not praise them. Maybe he's just weary because he sees Koreans not driving or accepting their own cars. Or he just wants to prove how good Korean cars are compared to others.

Oh.

so what's the point? =\

all of us know that hyundai exists.. but I fail to see how some SCC review ranking them at #2 on some list, without seeing any real hard factual evidence means anything.

Do you have any Numbers?

lol like car-life-expectancy?

Old Post 10-05-2002 04:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Prototype Click here to Send Prototype a Private Message Visit Prototype's homepage! Find more posts by Prototype Add Prototype to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HyundaiWRC

Well, if you want to see freaking numbers.. then grab about 4 dollars and 17 cents(Virginia) and get November Issue of CAR AND DRIVER magazine.

Old Post 10-05-2002 05:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for HyundaiWRC Click here to Send HyundaiWRC a Private Message Find more posts by HyundaiWRC Add HyundaiWRC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

quote:
Originally posted by HyundaiWRC
Well, if you want to see freaking numbers.. then grab about 4 dollars and 17 cents(Virginia) and get November Issue of CAR AND DRIVER magazine.

no.

I dont care enough.

Old Post 10-05-2002 07:04 PM
tea
Official Pothead

quote:
Originally posted by Prototype

no.

I dont care enough.

foreals man..me neither

Old Post 10-05-2002 07:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nojeel

doodeee...you and your korean cars..im a korean and i don't like them..face the facts * quote psytek ver 2.0 you'll have more problems with hyundai cars then a ford in the long run..trust me

Old Post 10-05-2002 08:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nojeel Click here to Send Nojeel a Private Message Find more posts by Nojeel Add Nojeel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

quote:
Originally posted by Nojeel
doodeee...you and your korean cars..im a korean and i don't like them..face the facts * quote psytek ver 2.0 you'll have more problems with hyundai cars then a ford in the long run..trust me

yesh korean cars ranked two.. buh itz kinda troo of wuht jons saying.. mah frenz tiburon..rememba WRC.. yea his has alotta problemz rih now.. he dint hav his car fer his seond week now.. and not gettin it bak fer anotha week.. so i dun kno.. and i had tha rsx fer 4 month more than him and mah car had no poblemzz at all event il now.. and i dun think itz goin to get any fer a whilee.. sorriee about that buh itz troo..

Old Post 10-05-2002 09:39 PM
Prototype

its retarded.

there's a reason why some cars cost more than others, but provide the same features.

its called craftsmanship.

and honest to god, korean cars have never been known to be outstanding quality.

Old Post 10-05-2002 09:41 PM
sangxjin

its like when imports starting getting here for the first time. they were known for shitty performance and shitty manufacturing quality. but it changed after a while. i guess hyundai will change too. :shrugs:

Props To Huby

Old Post 10-06-2002 12:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HyundaiWRC

No its not retarded... why is Hyundai the number 1 value?? If you know about the Korean Won... it has less value than American money.... geez.

lets say that Hyundai was a Japanese car... Hyundai's would be expensive.

Again, I owned 3 Korean cars.. I can believe my self and my choice of buying korean cars...

I had a 1995 ACcent as my first car for 3 months(I wrecked it) with 210,000 miles on it.. i drove it Michigan to Virginia 3 times. and had no problems... well except brake wear.

I think its retarded when people say.. you get what you pay for.. thats retarded... everybody knows that American money is so powerful.

KOrean cars can match the quality of alot of Japanese cars.. Car and driver used to have Hyunda's last place in those test.. now they are 2nd..

I keep writing all this shit, but you guys don't listen.. i'm going to say it one more time.... if you don't own it.. then don't say shit about it.

Geez.. ALways the Korean forums where i get the most beef.

Oh yeah.. and thats why my uncle who is Germen.. traded in his 1999 CIvic for a Elantra because the civic's interior dash were squeaking. and the wheel bearings starting to make noise at 15,000 miles.. thats why... until now.. he still has the same Elantra with only one problem.. just a cracked Gas cap that causeed a Check engine light.

Last edited by HyundaiWRC on 10-06-2002 at 12:44 AM

Old Post 10-06-2002 12:41 AM
Prototype

quote:
No its not retarded... why is Hyundai the number 1 value?? If you know about the Korean Won... it has less value than American money.... geez.

lets say that Hyundai was a Japanese car... Hyundai's would be expensive.

Again, I owned 3 Korean cars.. I can believe my self and my choice of buying korean cars...

I had a 1995 ACcent as my first car for 3 months(I wrecked it) with 210,000 miles on it.. i drove it Michigan to Virginia 3 times. and had no problems... well except brake wear.

I think its retarded when people say.. you get what you pay for.. thats retarded... everybody knows that American money is so powerful.

KOrean cars can match the quality of alot of Japanese cars.. Car and driver used to have Hyunda's last place in those test.. now they are 2nd..

I keep writing all this shit, but you guys don't listen.. i'm going to say it one more time.... if you don't own it.. then don't say shit about it.

Geez.. ALways the Korean forums where i get the most beef.

Oh yeah.. and thats why my uncle who is Germen.. traded in his 1999 CIvic for a Elantra because the civic's interior dash were squeaking. and the wheel bearings starting to make noise at 15,000 miles.. thats why... until now.. he still has the same Elantra with only one problem.. just a cracked Gas cap that causeed a Check engine light.

um.. my car is 32 years old, and I havent ever had any problems with it.

do I win?

and you're an idiot, they build the cars and sell them to the american market.

they sell the cars for USD just like the japanese.

Old Post 10-06-2002 03:27 AM
HyundaiWRC

Man your a idiot

The car is of Korean value...

a japanese car is in Japanese value.

a car that cost 16,000,000 won would be about 14,000 heere.

the korean won is less in value than american money.. moron.

what kind of car do you have?

Old Post 10-06-2002 03:46 AM
huby40
Squeak....

hyundai, could you make ur sig smaller please?? its a great car, but damn, its so big!

Old Post 10-06-2002 03:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mystiKnight

i dunno... if Hyundais are that good for their value, they wouldn't need the backing of a 10-year 100,000-mile warranty.

Old Post 10-06-2002 04:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mystiKnight Click here to Send mystiKnight a Private Message Find more posts by mystiKnight Add mystiKnight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

quote:
Man your a idiot

The car is of Korean value...

a japanese car is in Japanese value.

a car that cost 16,000,000 won would be about 14,000 heere.

the korean won is less in value than american money.. moron.

what kind of car do you have?

Example;

USD = 10 Korean Currency - 2

Thus it takes 5 KC's to make 1 USD.

a car that cost 20KC's in korea costs 4USD in america.

they both cost the same amount due to conversion of currency.

You can buy the car in korea for 20 KC's and it'll cost you the same amount as it does if you buy it in america.

Where you buy it doesnt matter.

you're so abusively retarded.

[edit]

do mankind a favor and never have children.

Old Post 10-06-2002 07:02 AM
tea
Official Pothead

get more money and buy a german car =)

Old Post 10-06-2002 07:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote