Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Cars > Korean Cars
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KPak-NC

quote:
Originally posted by Prototype

they are... unless you're german.

No offense my fellow korean brothers and sisters , but when i was in korea, there were kids suping up hyundai tiburons and elantras....i mean , they put nos on it and superchargers. They are 4 cylinder engines. i think.

I mean 4 cylinders is kinda slow, but wouldn't a v6 engine be better?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-28-2002 02:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KPak-NC Click here to Send KPak-NC a Private Message Find more posts by KPak-NC Add KPak-NC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

i thougth ttha new tibz were V6's.. i dun kno about tha elantras.. i think those are Inline4's..

Old Post 09-28-2002 04:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

quote:
Originally posted by KPak-NC

No offense my fellow korean brothers and sisters , but when i was in korea, there were kids suping up hyundai tiburons and elantras....i mean , they put nos on it and superchargers. They are 4 cylinder engines. i think.

I mean 4 cylinders is kinda slow, but wouldn't a v6 engine be better?

There is no replacement for displacement. a 2L 4 cylinder motor simply doesnt have the displacement that a 6L v8 would.

the reason I made that comment about the germans, is because the german ability to push engineering to the limit is legendary.

Old Post 09-28-2002 05:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Prototype Click here to Send Prototype a Private Message Visit Prototype's homepage! Find more posts by Prototype Add Prototype to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KPak-NC

quote:

There is no replacement for displacement. a 2L 4 cylinder motor simply doesnt have the displacement that a 6L v8 would.

the reason I made that comment about the germans, is because the german ability to push engineering to the limit is legendary.

oh ok.

Yes , the new tibs are v6, but i forgot to mentioned that i was referring to the models before the year 2000.

Old Post 09-28-2002 05:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KPak-NC Click here to Send KPak-NC a Private Message Find more posts by KPak-NC Add KPak-NC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

quote:
Originally posted by HyundaiWRC
...Hyundai and Mitsubishi shared technologies and they both engineered the engine. The engine is used both in the Mitsubishi luxury car (Don't know what it's called)

There is no luxury line of Mitsubishi, guess you wouldn't know since you love Hyundai's so much :P

Anyways, if both Mitsubishi and Hyundai shared and engineered technologies to make a better engine...I don't know if I should be thankful that Mitsubishi got a 'reliable' engine on their hands or Hyundai can get customers to use that warranty that they want to use (...even more...)

Old Post 09-28-2002 06:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for volcom strider Click here to Send volcom strider a Private Message Find more posts by volcom strider Add volcom strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HyundaiWRC

No, Mitsubishi does have a luxury line... just in Japan.. go to the Japanese Mitsubishi Motors homepage... yes i look at japanese hoempages too.... I also look at the jAPANESe Hyundai Homepage.

AND ABOUT 4 CYLINDERS... The only reaason that the Hyundai Tiburon Race car is a 4 cylinder instead of the V6 isbecause the 4 cylinder has a stronger block, Piston Connecting rods and Pistons.. and it withstand high compression.... the v6 cannot. Thats why theres tons of Performance parts for the 4 cylinder Tiburon.. heres a picture of one..

Old Post 09-28-2002 07:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for HyundaiWRC Click here to Send HyundaiWRC a Private Message Find more posts by HyundaiWRC Add HyundaiWRC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

quote:

for example a Porsche

400+ hp on a flat 6 is truly amazing.

i sorta agree, the Castrol TOM Supra ditched its 6 cylinder block for the 4 cylinder 3s-gte because it can withstand high compression. but think about this, not everyone has the money to make a high-compression 4 cylinder engine and its not suitable for everyday driving. while on the other hand a low compression 6 cylinder is.

Props To Huby

Old Post 09-28-2002 07:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

btw. the Tiburon race-car is a V6. not a 4 cylinder. unless your talking about some crazy japanese man who turned a 4 cylinder tiburon into a "ready to blow up" high compression car.

http://www.motortrend.com/july02/shark/1.html

Props To Huby

Old Post 09-28-2002 07:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HyundaiWRC

I dont' know about the Grand am Car.. i thinnnk its v6... but i know that the American Rally car is a 4 cylinder.

Old Post 09-30-2002 12:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HyundaiWRC Click here to Send HyundaiWRC a Private Message Find more posts by HyundaiWRC Add HyundaiWRC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote