Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Cars > cops
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
annabanana
Food Moderator

cops

have you ever been pulled over by the police? or done any other bad stuff like major speeding and drag races?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-07-2002 09:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for annabanana Click here to Send annabanana a Private Message Find more posts by annabanana Add annabanana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

What would you do if a cop came next to you over at a signal and revved at you?

Props To Huby

Old Post 05-07-2002 10:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

i never really been pulled over for speeding and got a ticket. although i have been pulled over for going 25 mph in a 15 mph zone while leaving a military base. luckily i didnt get a ticket or went to jail. psh military police are such assholes. i dont give a shit if they did help defend the last standing ground in vietnam, they're still assholes. hmm...

fucking assholes.

Old Post 05-07-2002 11:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for volcom strider Click here to Send volcom strider a Private Message Find more posts by volcom strider Add volcom strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ryosuke

quote:
Originally posted by volcom strider
i never really been pulled over for speeding and got a ticket. although i have been pulled over for going 25 mph in a 15 mph zone while leaving a military base. luckily i didnt get a ticket or went to jail. psh military police are such assholes. i dont give a shit if they did help defend the last standing ground in vietnam, they're still assholes. hmm...
fucking assholes.

Ok but by you having a base decal(and I'm assuming either you or one of your parents is in the military) on y our vehicle you agree to abide by the vehicular laws on base. If you're a minor and you get caught for trouble its your parents ass on the line.
Me, I got caught going 110mph in a 65 on the freeway. Went to court on Friday and because I am in the military, the judge reduced the fines from $850 to $210.

Old Post 05-07-2002 12:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ryosuke Click here to Send ryosuke a Private Message Find more posts by ryosuke Add ryosuke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

my friends cousin did 55 in a 15mph area that was zoned as school and buisness -_-;

he spent a week in jail I think

Old Post 05-07-2002 10:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Prototype Click here to Send Prototype a Private Message Visit Prototype's homepage! Find more posts by Prototype Add Prototype to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

quote:
Originally posted by ryosuke
Ok but by you having a base decal(and I'm assuming either you or one of your parents is in the military) on y our vehicle you agree to abide by the vehicular laws on base. If you're a minor and you get caught for trouble its your parents ass on the line.
Me, I got caught going 110mph in a 65 on the freeway. Went to court on Friday and because I am in the military, the judge reduced the fines from $850 to $210.

i was goin 10 mph over while going out of the base. does it really matter? open road 'n no pedestrians.

Old Post 05-07-2002 10:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for volcom strider Click here to Send volcom strider a Private Message Find more posts by volcom strider Add volcom strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
annabanana
Food Moderator

If I see a police car that is in the process of talking to the pulled-over car on the side of the road, I will press the accelerator and speed right past them!

Old Post 05-11-2002 01:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for annabanana Click here to Send annabanana a Private Message Find more posts by annabanana Add annabanana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

you know, if you manage to avoid the police, as in ignore them, and they actually leave you alone you can only be charged with misdemeanor (cause they track the license plate number i assume). The thing is that it only works under certain conditions, basically all you have to do is not break any traffic laws while "ignoring" the police, and you cannot endanger those around you. If you go the speed limit and don't endanger anyone, all you get is misdemeanor. Doesn't sound that bad, but i wonder how much more it would cost than a speeding ticket? haha, just some interesting info. Saw it on some guest who was justifying traffic punishments on the O'Reilly Factor.

I've never been pulled over though, hah. I go kind of fast often as well.

Old Post 05-11-2002 03:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gaeko

quote:
you know, if you manage to avoid the police, as in ignore them, and they actually leave you alone you can only be charged with misdemeanor (cause they track the license plate number i assume). The thing is that it only works under certain conditions, basically all you have to do is not break any traffic laws while "ignoring" the police, and you cannot endanger those around you. If you go the speed limit and don't endanger anyone, all you get is misdemeanor. Doesn't sound that bad, but i wonder how much more it would cost than a speeding ticket? haha, just some interesting info. Saw it on some guest who was justifying traffic punishments on the O'Reilly Factor.

...ummm....what in the world are you talking about? You're sayin if u don't do anything wrong and the cop doesn't catch you for anything you can ONLY get charged for a misdemeanor?! WAHATT?!?!! Why would you be charged for anything? Please xplain

Old Post 05-11-2002 09:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gaeko Click here to Send gaeko a Private Message Find more posts by gaeko Add gaeko to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

thats gecko. not to be confused with gaeko?

was that right?

Old Post 05-11-2002 11:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Prototype Click here to Send Prototype a Private Message Visit Prototype's homepage! Find more posts by Prototype Add Prototype to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
indecisive
the Deranged one

quote:
Originally posted by sangxjin

that's happened to a buddy of mine...well kinda. the cop was in a ghost car...really nice...an integra I think it was and he challenged my friend to a race by revving his engine. so they were racing right? and my friend was wasting the guy and all of a sudden the cop goes directly behind him and turns on his sirens haha. what dumb luck that was. and this year the cops got like a lot of ghost cars out there. a whole bunch of integras and civics and imprezas...it's crazy. damn cops

Shift_

"cuz no matter how long U've known them or how well U think U know them..the friendship can be over in a second" ~Indecisive

"you don't realize how much of a luxury cup holders are until you don't have em" ~Indecisive

Old Post 05-12-2002 06:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for indecisive Click here to Send indecisive a Private Message Find more posts by indecisive Add indecisive to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ryosuke

quote:
Originally posted by indecisive

that's happened to a buddy of mine...well kinda. the cop was in a ghost car...really nice...an integra I think it was and he challenged my friend to a race by revving his engine. so they were racing right? and my friend was wasting the guy and all of a sudden the cop goes directly behind him and turns on his sirens haha. what dumb luck that was. and this year the cops got like a lot of ghost cars out there. a whole bunch of integras and civics and imprezas...it's crazy. damn cops

Thats easy to win in a court of law. And also the cops will get busted for that. An officer's vehicle has to be publicly marked in order for one to pull you over.

Old Post 05-12-2002 11:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ryosuke Click here to Send ryosuke a Private Message Find more posts by ryosuke Add ryosuke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ryosuke

quote:
Originally posted by volcom strider

i was goin 10 mph over while going out of the base. does it really matter? open road 'n no pedestrians.

A rule is a rule. Until you cross that "line" off of base property you're screwed. And say you were speeding on base and they didn't catch you till off. Then you get a base ticket, AND they call the local PD to issue you one.

Old Post 05-14-2002 08:19 AM
annabanana
Food Moderator

a valuable cop tip.......

If you are speeding and all of a sudden you see a police car, DO NOT PRESS THE BRAKES!! just keep on going, but don't press the accelerator for a while. 'cause if the cops see you all of a sudden press the brakes when you know you are speeding, they will notice you, and the cops will catch you.
i dunno, that's something my now ex-boyfriend told me.

Old Post 06-01-2002 03:30 AM
indecisive
the Deranged one

quote:

Thats easy to win in a court of law. And also the cops will get busted for that. An officer's vehicle has to be publicly marked in order for one to pull you over.

heh not here. it's allowed cuz they want to crack down on street racing. it's so gay. and if a cop gets in your car and rev's your engine and he thinks it's too loud then he can fine you. (new law that was just passed) it's all so stupid.

Shift_

"cuz no matter how long U've known them or how well U think U know them..the friendship can be over in a second" ~Indecisive

"you don't realize how much of a luxury cup holders are until you don't have em" ~Indecisive

Old Post 06-01-2002 05:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for indecisive Click here to Send indecisive a Private Message Find more posts by indecisive Add indecisive to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

quote:
Originally posted by sangxjin

I would shit my pants and hide.

Old Post 06-01-2002 10:41 AM
ryosuke

quote:

heh not here. it's allowed cuz they want to crack down on street racing. it's so gay. and if a cop gets in your car and rev's your engine and he thinks it's too loud then he can fine you. (new law that was just passed) it's all so stupid.

And also its a new law, that a police officer can not give you a citation/ticket by using their audatory senses to determine whether or not an exhaust is above the decibel ratings. They can make you go and get it checked, but not fine you for it. Or give you a "warning".

Old Post 06-03-2002 11:36 PM
indecisive
the Deranged one

quote:

And also its a new law, that a police officer can not give you a citation/ticket by using their audatory senses to determine whether or not an exhaust is above the decibel ratings. They can make you go and get it checked, but not fine you for it. Or give you a "warning".

as I said before. the legislation passed new laws saying that people can be fined.

Shift_

Old Post 06-04-2002 01:08 AM
ryosuke

quote:

as I said before. the legislation passed new laws saying that people can be fined.

*sigh* you think people would know a rebuttal when they read one. What state is this for? When was it passed? And when will it take effect? Because STILL without a warrant or proper belief, a cop can not "search" your vehicle. That includes revving your engine for you.

Old Post 06-04-2002 08:14 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by gaeko

...ummm....what in the world are you talking about? You're sayin if u don't do anything wrong and the cop doesn't catch you for anything you can ONLY get charged for a misdemeanor?! WAHATT?!?!! Why would you be charged for anything? Please xplain

sorry, didn't check this topic after i posted in it till today . Anyway, what i mean is that you can drive away from the police not acknowledging their attempts to pull you over as long as you abide by all the laws. In short, if you get away i believe they can just charge you with misdemeanor, or maybe not. I think more likely it is the fact that if you want to get away, just make sure you are abiding by all the laws...cause in the chance that you do get away, you wouldn't have broken any laws. However, if you get caught during this misdemeanor, you'll only be charged with the speeding prior to or whatever and the misdemeanor, not the excessive charges for getting away.

I think thats how it works.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 06-04-2002 09:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote