Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Cars > what kinda car do you drive?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
OneHeart
Loveable, What Else?

I hope you like.

Last edited by OneHeart on 05-02-2002 at 01:28 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-25-2002 05:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for OneHeart Find more posts by OneHeart Add OneHeart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ryosuke

1992 NA 3000GT. And still burning turbo'd ricers. Your car may be fast, but if you don't at least know your shift points or to "properly race" your car, then its a waste of time.

Old Post 05-01-2002 01:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ryosuke Click here to Send ryosuke a Private Message Find more posts by ryosuke Add ryosuke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OneHeart
Loveable, What Else?

Take all the racing to the tracks, not out in the streets. Don't put other people's lives in danger by being reckless.

Old Post 05-02-2002 01:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for OneHeart Find more posts by OneHeart Add OneHeart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ryosuke

quote:
Originally posted by OneHeart
Take all the racing to the tracks, not out in the streets. Don't put other people's lives in danger by being reckless.

And you're talking to who?

Old Post 05-02-2002 01:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ryosuke Click here to Send ryosuke a Private Message Find more posts by ryosuke Add ryosuke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OneHeart
Loveable, What Else?

To anyone who races on the streets instead of out on the tracks (designed for racing).

Old Post 05-02-2002 05:26 PM
Prototype

one heart, your statment is horribly nearsighted.

"Take all the racing to the tracks, not out in the streets. Don't put other people's lives in danger by being reckless."

Track time costs money. a whole fucking lot of money if you arent just dragging.

The people who endanger others arent streetracers. the people who endanger others are the idiots who race people at red lights, on busy streets.

The street racing I was involved in, was about 200-400 people, who would drive out near the docks.. and race on 3 lane straight backstreets.

empty one's over a mile long.

we could see cars coming way in advance, there are no bystanders to hit.

There is a difference between street racing, and the idiots who try to "race" strangers at red lights.

Old Post 05-02-2002 05:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Prototype Click here to Send Prototype a Private Message Visit Prototype's homepage! Find more posts by Prototype Add Prototype to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

that's ignorant of you proto as well.. somebody once said that to me.. "please dont race if you drive out here"... kinda pissed me off cuz thats what i enjoy.. or try to enjoy..racing
but she had her good reasons too.. too many of her friends died while street and highway racing.. i guess after something like that i'd say the same thing.. even tho its fun to street race.. there are ALWAYS accidents.. whether you can drive like a pro or not..doesnt matter.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 05-02-2002 08:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

ken, you cant kill an innocent person while racing along a flat street in the middle of nowhere at 2 in the morning.

Especially with 200 people watching the road in both directions.

Why the fuck would you race on a highway?

Old Post 05-02-2002 08:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Prototype Click here to Send Prototype a Private Message Visit Prototype's homepage! Find more posts by Prototype Add Prototype to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

quote:
Originally posted by Prototype
ken, you cant kill an innocent person while racing along a flat street in the middle of nowhere at 2 in the morning.

Especially with 200 people watching the road in both directions.

depends. where it's happening [urban, suburbs, rural areas]. if the people are really fucking stupid. or...the drivers are wanna-be's trying to show-off [which is the majority...]

quote:
Why the fuck would you race on a highway?

yes. i would like to know also.

Old Post 05-02-2002 10:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for volcom strider Click here to Send volcom strider a Private Message Find more posts by volcom strider Add volcom strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

People who drive daily driven cars, and think that they have something to prove by racing a complete stranger on a busy road with traffic...

or people who race through rural/urban area's...

are idiots. they deserve whatever happens.

Old Post 05-03-2002 03:38 AM
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

quote:
Originally posted by Prototype
People who drive daily driven cars, and think that they have something to prove by racing a complete stranger on a busy road with traffic...

or people who race through rural/urban area's...

are idiots. they deserve whatever happens.

i guess. w/e happens, happens. wont know, dont care.

Old Post 05-03-2002 03:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for volcom strider Click here to Send volcom strider a Private Message Find more posts by volcom strider Add volcom strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OneHeart
Loveable, What Else?

one heart, your statment is horribly nearsighted.

Near sighted, far sighted, under sighted, over sighted, x sighted, s sighted, whatever sighted, it keeps me and whoever else breathing one more day by not racing on the streets.

Track time costs money. a whole fucking lot of money if you arent just dragging.

You're right. It does pinch the wallet some. But think about this. Which costs more: $500 for the track or the life of someone? I'm not talking about monetary value alone in the case of the deceased person but also all the trauma and psychological issues people have to deal with due to the recklessness of others. You tell us, which would cost more?

The people who endanger others arent streetracers. the people who endanger others are the idiots who race people at red lights, on busy streets.

If street racers do not endanger the lives of others, I wonder why it's plastered over the local news. Street racing is street racing--whether through busy streets or in the whee hours of the night/early morning. Whether it's during rush hour or not, it still requires someone in the driver's seat to push the pedal to the floor.

The street racing I was involved in, was about 200-400 people, who would drive out near the docks.. and race on 3 lane straight backstreets.

empty one's over a mile long.

we could see cars coming way in advance, there are no bystanders to hit.

Glad to hear that there wasn't any incident on that day. Glad to hear that you could see far away if any cars were coming in advance. Glad to hear that the bystanders were probably not near the open lanes as you all raced. But you forget one thing. You may not have endangered the bystanders who were out of the way, but don't forget the person who you were racing with. I'm not implying that you're not a good driver--no. But at excessive speeds, vehicles do sometimes become unsteady and unstable and go out of control--ask Jeff Gordon, Michael Andretti, etc.. But even further than that (endangering the other person you were racing with) you also endangered your own life. Don't forget about that person. The person sitting in the driver's seat is also at risk, not just the other racers or bystanders. Anything could have happened and gone wrong (as evident by news we hear on the radio or television). What started out as a "friendly" raced turned into a death...

So you see, it's not just bystanders alone that you have to take into consideration. Don't forget about the other driver and most importantly, yourself.

There is a difference between street racing, and the idiots who try to "race" strangers at red lights.

Whether it's at traffic lights or not, it still puts someone's life in danger. The only difference that I see between racing at traffic lights and in the situation you mentioned above is that racing at traffic lights (with other traffic) may be the higher risk between the two as you have a lot more vehicles to watch out for. Other than that, racing is racing is racing is racing.

Cheers.

BTW...good discussion here. =)

Last edited by OneHeart on 05-04-2002 at 02:35 PM

Old Post 05-03-2002 05:35 PM
OneHeart
Loveable, What Else?

Bringing this post back from the dead...due to the comments about racing above (start at the top of this page) and this new thread here:

http://jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=8394

Old Post 11-29-2002 06:18 AM