Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > What came first.. the chicken or the egg?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
huby40
Squeak....

quote:
Thirdly, why would you even want to accept the idea that you were once a monkey...or some primitive being? It may sound egoistic, but Id rather think of myself as something coming from God's own hands....

i was never a monkey. i was always a human, born a human and raised as human. it was my great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great
grandpa that was a monkey (or chimpanzee, scientists say that's the closest relative)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-30-2002 09:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by JungJInHo
First of all, it doesnt make sense to say the egg came first. An egg is extremely vulnerable to its surroundings. But a chicken, is much less vulnerable, and can create multiple eggs if it wants to.

Ok, so how did the chicken get there in the first place? G-d place it there or what?

quote:
Secondly, I disagree with any idea of evolution. If evolution exists, show me the "missing link" between dinos, and birds, or monkeys and humans.

friendly reminder from mod: if you want to debate more evolution vs. creation ideals, head over to the evolution thread for more fun! heh Anyway, i don't even need to go into how many "missing links" creation has but for one question only: what is the creationist connection between these?...but to answer your statement there is no one missing link, but rather many missing links that span about 5-7 millions years. You must realize the succession of the planet has caused us great difficulty in obtaining such fossils (i.e. where there is ocean now there may have been lucious forests with dinosaurs...thus prohibiting us from getting fossils). So, a word to the wise, just because we haven't everything about evolution yet in the fossil record really doesn't take THAT much away from the theory becuase the evidence we have collected so far pretty much lines up with the theory so far. Plus, evolution occurs today that is a working example of it and how is that so much more less likely to be credible than a divine power, or magic, creating us? Hominids found in ethiopia and africa indicate ancient origins of very early human years contain still monkey like aspects of them. We've found these bones from around 1.7 millions years ago, and we are just starting to get into it. There's a whole 7 million other years to look for these fossils and i bet they will yield conclusive results of chromagnon/early human fossils being of ape-like descent. I mean the bone structure is so similar, how is it that different.

quote:
Thirdly, why would you even want to accept the idea that you were once a monkey...or some primitive being? It may sound egoistic, but Id rather think of myself as something coming from God's own hands.... ..........whoa...i really got off topic....anyways.....THE CHICKEN CAME FIRST.... :laugh

i personally want to accept the idea that is correct, not the one that makes me feel the best. And yes, it is egotistic. My opinion: the chicken/egg came first through evolution. So it'd probably be the egg then since it would have to be born then but through an egglaying creature similar to what we call a chicken.

please, reply to this particular subject in the evolution thread, thanks -psychosnowman

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-31-2002 02:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote