Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Relationships > Friends and Family > sister's problem...
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
AZN Pinoy BOI
..:SeNsei-Kun

sister's problem...

i'm sister is having a problem and i wanna help her... she feels that my parents yell at her 2 much like about getting off the phone when she isn't even on it. she cries about it in her room cuz she's angry about how she is treated. i tell her to tell them how u feel and stuff but she just.... shrugz and she doesn't do shit. i wanna help her get da load off her bak but i don't want to force her to do stuff... someone give me advise

wana chat?
aim: LiQUiD PhLiP o1
xanga: AZNpinoyBOI

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-18-2003 12:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AZN Pinoy BOI Click here to Send AZN Pinoy BOI a Private Message Visit AZN Pinoy BOI's homepage! Find more posts by AZN Pinoy BOI Add AZN Pinoy BOI to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hyesungu
Mike p(X.X)q

man just talk to your parents. but ask her first, because she will probably end up getting mad at you. btw how old is she?

Old Post 08-18-2003 12:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hyesungu Click here to Send Hyesungu a Private Message Find more posts by Hyesungu Add Hyesungu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AZN Pinoy BOI

quote:
Originally posted by Hyesungu
man just talk to your parents. but ask her first, because she will probably end up getting mad at you. btw how old is she?

wana chat?

Old Post 08-18-2003 02:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AZN Pinoy BOI Click here to Send AZN Pinoy BOI a Private Message Visit AZN Pinoy BOI's homepage! Find more posts by AZN Pinoy BOI Add AZN Pinoy BOI to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chinesegrl

just have her talk to them ted. my sister has the same thing but now she goes to counseling and she's on medication.. my mom and her fight a lot once my sister disagrees or something. its better for her to talk to then before anything else happens

Old Post 08-18-2003 02:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chinesegrl Click here to Send Chinesegrl a Private Message Visit Chinesegrl's homepage! Find more posts by Chinesegrl Add Chinesegrl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

well... YOU could always help! besides, you're the big brother!

Old Post 08-18-2003 03:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FlavaFLOSS

Awww, what a sweet gesture to help out your little sister.

I've had this problem with my parents before. They use to accuse me of doing things I didn't do (like getting on the internet too much or sleeping until late!). I know how frustrating it is not to be able to voice out your defense when someone 'superior' is being stubborn (even if they know they are wrong!).

To help out your little sister, it depends on how the relationship in your family runs.

If you're an open family, then it makes things easier because she can just tell your parents how she feels. Maybe they can come to a compromise about what is mutual for both parties. Have a nice family talk, or you can even talk to her alone. Comfort her and explain to her why your parents are the way they are (you can even lie about it just to make her feel better). Or better yet, you should talk to your parents because it's better when the older one speaks up. Defending her is also a good thing to do because it'll make her feel like she knows she's not to blame, and hopefully, it'll get your parents to see that they need to stop with assumptions and accusations.

But if your family isn't so out in the open, then it's better to just talk to her alone. Don't try telling her to talk to your parents because they will either tell her to go away or just shrug it off. She probably won't feel comfortable enough to talk to them anyways. I know how it's like with most asian family. Some family don't even share hugs or kisses, and it might be awkward to even initiate small talks about feelings. It's better if you just tell her to not mind them or just try to avoid them when she feels like she doesn't want to put up with crap. (Hehe)

And if you really do want to take the load off her back, take her out and let her have some fun. She's 12. She's growing. She's learning. She's going through peer pressures. Talk to her. Mentor her. Advise her. Guide her.

Kids now a days grow up really fast, and if you loose grip of them now, then you might not be able to bring them back.

^_^ You're such a cutie, you know that?

Ane~

Last edited by FlavaFLOSS on 08-18-2003 at 11:40 AM

Old Post 08-18-2003 11:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FlavaFLOSS Click here to Send FlavaFLOSS a Private Message Find more posts by FlavaFLOSS Add FlavaFLOSS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AZN Pinoy BOI

i do try talkin 2 her about her problem but she seems like... she doesn't care about anything i say, maybe because i'm always guiding her threw stuff and he wants to do thing by herself. i really haven't talked 2 her about it cuz she cry over it because it makes it her so mad, even if i just remind her about the problem like last nite she was yelling at me about my room being messy... and i said "stop yelling at me"... she started tearing up and i just sat there feelin like i did something wrong.... but i will go talk to her about it, thats for the advise people

oh and if u do talk to her, don't tell her about this thread.... i donno if she'll like me talking about family problems to other people...

wana chat?

Last edited by AZN Pinoy BOI on 08-18-2003 at 09:32 PM

Old Post 08-18-2003 07:21 PM
kryogenix
Ghost

quote:
Originally posted by AZN Pinoy BOI
i do try talkin 2 her about her problem but she seems like... she doesn't care about anything i say, maybe because i'm always guiding her threw stuff and he wants to do thing by herself. i really haven't talked 2 her about it cuz she cry over it because it makes it her so mad, even if i just remind her about the problem like last nite she was yelling at me about my room being messy... and i said "stop yelling at me"... she started tearing up and i just sat there feelin like i did something wrong.... but i will go talk to her about it, thats for the advise people

oh and if u do talk to her, don't tell her about this thread.... i donno if she'll like me talking about family problems to other people...

ha ha ha! I'M GOING TO PRINT THIS THREAD OUT AND GIVE IT TO HER!!!! just kidding. i have no advice that wasn't given yet, possibly it's just a mild case of depression...

Old Post 08-19-2003 08:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AZN Pinoy BOI

quote:
Originally posted by kryogenix
ha ha ha! I'M GOING TO PRINT THIS THREAD OUT AND GIVE IT TO HER!!!! just kidding. i have no advice that wasn't given yet, possibly it's just a mild case of depression...

same thing i was thinkin, but made this just incase it gets worse than it is

wana chat?

Old Post 08-20-2003 12:09 AM
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

If she yells at you don't say "stop yelling" instead try talking to her in a calm voice so she would calm down. (I read that if someone is yelling you can calm them down by speaking calmly, I have no idea if this is true but it's worth a shot.)

On a side note, how do children who don't have older siblings get thier guidance if children who have them are so dependant on thier siblings?

Old Post 08-20-2003 07:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
leEjUfiL xP

quote:
Originally posted by AZN Pinoy BOI

wuts her name and school? plus liquid arnt u wonmins friend?

you cst too right? i think iv seen u a couple of times playing.. oh yeah in x-zone too.. heheh u were there.. but i 0wned jo0~~

-- jufiL.

Old Post 09-14-2003 12:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for leEjUfiL xP Click here to Send leEjUfiL xP a Private Message Find more posts by leEjUfiL xP Add leEjUfiL xP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AZN Pinoy BOI

i'm not telling her name xP, she goes 2 SOMS... uhh yeah i'm wonmin's friend.... yeah i cs... yeah i go 2 x.... wutz ur username?

wana chat?

Old Post 09-14-2003 06:05 PM
kryogenix
Ghost

Re: .....

quote:
Originally posted by leEjUfiL xP
wuts her name and school? plus liquid arnt u wonmins friend?

you cst too right? i think iv seen u a couple of times playing.. oh yeah in x-zone too.. heheh u were there.. but i 0wned jo0~~

-- jufiL.

who are you?

Old Post 09-14-2003 06:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

give her some drugs

Old Post 09-14-2003 06:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
twinkie
twinkie

smack her.
seriously.

Old Post 09-15-2003 12:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for twinkie Click here to Send twinkie a Private Message Find more posts by twinkie Add twinkie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
twinkie
twinkie

woops.

Last edited by twinkie on 09-16-2003 at 04:19 AM

Old Post 09-15-2003 12:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for twinkie Click here to Send twinkie a Private Message Find more posts by twinkie Add twinkie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

What the?

The last three suggestions were either repetative or mean.

Old Post 09-15-2003 10:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist
What the?

The last three suggestions were either repetative or mean.

i think you mean: "The last three suggestions were either repetative AND/OR mean."

Old Post 09-16-2003 12:41 AM
AZN Pinoy BOI

quote:
Originally posted by kryogenix
i think you mean: "The last three suggestions were either repetative AND/OR mean."

.... nice way 2 get an extra post... it's not really needed...

crap yo... i was going threw my sister's computer cuz i was looking for a song... and i found a letter she is writing 2 her friend.... i opened it and i started reading it... she said

quote:
My parents are being bitches. The are making me so fucking mad. They keep bitching off at me. Im so fucking tired of it. I thought about a lot today. I thought about killing myself. Ur the on only person who I can trust and who will always be there for me. Don¡¯t worry. I¡¯m not going to go suicide. But I did cut myself on purpose. I¡¯m crying right now. I hate my life, everything is going so wrong.

but i read on and she started lying about all these guys she was meeting.... and i was wondering if she was just fucked up saying shit like that or if she is really into hurting herself, i want 2 talk 2 her about it but then she would be really pissed at me and maybe make it worse... i always insist on telling our parents but she acts like she doesn't care... my cousin and i are planning to talk 2 her about it but... in donno... i don't think it would stop her...

wana chat?

Old Post 09-16-2003 01:31 AM
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Have you tried getting her to hang out with you when you're with your friends? Maybe she'll trust you if you do.

I'd be very careful, this situation sounds serious. I hope everything works out for you and her.

Do your parents know about this situation? Perhaps you should tell them to seriously consider what's going on.

Old Post 09-16-2003 01:42 AM