Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Enlightenment > Columbia Shuttle Video Released*
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
merc

Columbia Shuttle Video Released*

The shuttle, Columbia's, last video was released Friday. The 13 minute tape shows what it was like during routine operations, just before the tragedy.

"Feb. 28 — In the final minutes of their lives, Columbia’s astronauts were cheerful, at times lighthearted. They helped one another in the cockpit, collecting empty drink bags and putting on their spacesuit gloves. The two women mugged for the camera. They remarked on the blast-furnace heat outside — mere minutes before the superheated gases were about to penetrate the left wing and lead to their deaths."

You can watch the video here:
http://www.msnbc.com/news/867336.asp?cp1=1

"Truth is not determined by how many people believe it."

"All the darkness in the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle."

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-01-2003 12:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for merc Click here to Send merc a Private Message Find more posts by merc Add merc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

all i kno is that shit happens. we can always say after it that we could hav, should hav, and start pointing fingers but u kno wat? wat the fuck can we do now after we messed up? we learn and mourn for the lives that were lost from human stupidity. and try 2 our best ability to not add to the death toll.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 03-01-2003 08:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merc

"shit happens" is that how you respond to such tragedies?
7 astronauts lose their lives, giving their all for the sake of science and mankind. Families lose husbands, wives, brothers, sisters, etc. and all you can say is "shit happens"...

I doubt you'd be saying "shit happens" if it was one of your relatives that died up there. Be more careful of what you say.

"All the darkness in the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle."

Old Post 03-02-2003 03:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for merc Click here to Send merc a Private Message Find more posts by merc Add merc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

i definatley feel bad for those who died in the crash and their families. And i know if that happened to me id be angry, and other things. But the fact is, if the spaceship had not crashed, they would not be "heroes". In fact, none of us would even know about them besides their friends and family. And also how many of you even knew the ship went up? Majority didnt, only the fact it came down, without stopping.

Old Post 03-02-2003 03:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merc

twisted the way this world works.
We have to wait for something to go terribly wrong until it gets our attention.

Old Post 03-02-2003 03:59 AM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by merc
twisted the way this world works.
We have to wait for something to go terribly wrong until it gets our attention.

...it all seems so logical to me.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 03-02-2003 05:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:

I doubt you'd be saying "shit happens" if it was one of your relatives that died up there. Be more careful of what you say.

i know you weren't talking to me, but i'd say that regardless of who died. Actually i never ever say that phrase, but i very well could say it, if not think it in some sort of euphemistic way.

Not everyone thinks like you do. Not everyone is as emotional as you are. I wouldn't care. I don't need to be careful what i say so i might not offend your mindset, neither does aznkid1008.

-Cromwell

Old Post 03-02-2003 05:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merc

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
i know you weren't talking to me, but i'd say that regardless of who died. Actually i never ever say that phrase, but i very well could say it, if not think it in some sort of euphemistic way.

Not everyone thinks like you do. Not everyone is as emotional as you are. I wouldn't care. I don't need to be careful what i say so i might not offend your mindset, neither does aznkid1008.

I guess it's all a matter of perspective. I never said I was emotional about it, I just appreciate some tact and respect when speaking of such matters.

Old Post 03-02-2003 04:40 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
I guess it's all a matter of perspective. I never said I was emotional about it, I just appreciate some tact and respect when speaking of such matters.

of course it's a matter of perspective. That's why i didn't take too kindly of you to tell aznkid1008 to be "careful of what [he] says," you weren't granting any weight to any perspective except yourself.

And, why do you have to declare yourself "emotional" in order to be so? Emotional means having emotion, not being histrionic about it which i didn't say, i said emotional, you had emotions about it, simple as that, I don't see how you can disagree with that. With that mentality, i need to proclaim i'm being violent before someone can say i am when i'm pounding someone with a sledgehammer, or i have to say i'm sad before people can say i am when i'm crying, or i have to say i'm stupid before people can say i am regardless of me doing something stupid. I really dislike that argument, it's dumb, when people act like implications are non existent and are absolutely absurd.

-Cromwell

Last edited by PsychoSnowman on 03-02-2003 at 07:27 PM

Old Post 03-02-2003 06:14 PM
merc

Once again, "it's all a matter of perspective". I guess it's all summed up in that one phrase. He has a right to give his perspective and opinion upon the matter. I have a right to have my own opinions about his perspective. You have the right to bash my criticism. Welcome to the forums.

Old Post 03-03-2003 12:22 AM
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

I just have to say your avatar is funny looking.

Old Post 03-03-2003 12:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for requiem Click here to Send requiem a Private Message Find more posts by requiem Add requiem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
"shit happens" is that how you respond to such tragedies?
7 astronauts lose their lives, giving their all for the sake of science and mankind. Families lose husbands, wives, brothers, sisters, etc. and all you can say is "shit happens"...

uhhh dude i mean like accidents in general. accidents will happen=shit happens. thats wat i ment by those words. but u kno all i kno is that we didnt hav a decision in being born and the date that u die isnt (or shouldn't) be ur decision either. everyone dies, and we mourn. and me being mor careful on wat i say no offense but shut up. im not insultin anyone just cause u took that lil phrase all twisted. i used it for a lack of a better phrase.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 03-03-2003 11:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote