Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Education > School Life > wut is ur skool known for?
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DEmeant0r
Ex-Mod

Yeah I'm sure you have plenty of boring people in your school, medicine is boring to study and usually takes a good decade to master it, glad I'm not going into that, Astronomy is going my way!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-30-2002 09:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DEmeant0r Click here to Send DEmeant0r a Private Message Visit DEmeant0r's homepage! Find more posts by DEmeant0r Add DEmeant0r to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznflyboy617
The Bouncer

Yes Medicine is boring, but I'm natural at it (many people are gifted and many are not, I don't know why am!), did it ever since high school, but I'm also studying International Business. Got to get away from those Science course once in a while, you know, those class are HARD AS SHIT!!!!

Last edited by aznflyboy617 on 09-30-2002 at 11:57 PM

Old Post 09-30-2002 10:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznflyboy617 Click here to Send aznflyboy617 a Private Message Find more posts by aznflyboy617 Add aznflyboy617 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

hmm...mai skool is also known for havin the most crack users in the city :sleepy: it's like all these realli smart kids gotta take out their stress sumwhere, so they use drugs....*sigh*

Old Post 10-01-2002 12:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

business and medical field

Old Post 10-01-2002 01:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brian

Townsend Harris High School @ Queens College
(www.thhs.qc.edu)

+ 7% acceptance rate based on your middle school grades.
+ 25% of our 250 - 270 student class goes to Ivy Leagues.
+ 30% including other comp. colleges [northwestern, stanford..]
+ known for homework (3 hours or more per night)
+ better than stuyvesant high school
+ biggest white/jewish population [52%] in NYC public schools

that's probably it.

Old Post 10-17-2002 10:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for brian Click here to Send brian a Private Message Find more posts by brian Add brian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
|vaSh|
And wheeeeeeeee

TZ for the .... uhhh....... il get back to this when i come up with something

Old Post 10-18-2002 12:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for |vaSh| Click here to Send |vaSh| a Private Message Find more posts by |vaSh| Add |vaSh| to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

i go to a magnet school

Props To Huby

Old Post 10-18-2002 01:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DaWhim
Da Hong Konger

my school is suxxxx
the valedictorian go to NYU last year, how suck?
but we start the program called Academy of Finance 21 years ago in my school!
in the summer they get u a good with good paid
worked 7 weeks in salomon smith barney this summmer

Old Post 10-18-2002 09:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DaWhim Click here to Send DaWhim a Private Message Find more posts by DaWhim Add DaWhim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
StaRliTeDr3amEr

one of tha top in tha nation.. troy babee

Old Post 11-04-2002 12:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for StaRliTeDr3amEr Find more posts by StaRliTeDr3amEr Add StaRliTeDr3amEr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KoReAzNPiMp
Lurker

I'm from Charlotte, and the CMS (charlotte mecklenburg schools) is the best in the state. Harding High School (where I go) was recognized by Newsweek or Time as one of the top 20 in the nation. It is magnet school. It is known for the International Baccalaureate program, which is only one of two schools in the city. I'm in it, and to this day I regret of making the decision of staying in the program. It is like complete hell. There is a ton of a lot more work, including extended essays, and internal assessments. Also, community service hours are mandatory, and at the end of the year, you have to take the IB exams. If you don't accumulate a certain amount of points from what you make on the exams and the essays, you don't get the IB diploma. Last year (c/o 2002) the majority went to UNC Chapel Hill, NC State, and Duke University, and over 2.5 million $ in scholarships were awarded, which is pretty good for a school as small as Harding, which I believe has only 2400 students. Anyways, I just wanted to expose something from the east coast, because the majority of posts come from Cali.

Old Post 11-04-2002 03:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KoReAzNPiMp Click here to Send KoReAzNPiMp a Private Message Find more posts by KoReAzNPiMp Add KoReAzNPiMp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
castle outsider

my school is uh..cool

its known for not winning a single football homecoming game since like...forever haha

Old Post 11-04-2002 05:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for castle outsider Click here to Send castle outsider a Private Message Visit castle outsider's homepage! Find more posts by castle outsider Add castle outsider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IronPanda322

I uh go to UCR (University of California of Riverside)

and we're known for not havin a football team, a crappy bball team, and cow smell.

Old Post 11-04-2002 07:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for IronPanda322 Click here to Send IronPanda322 a Private Message Find more posts by IronPanda322 Add IronPanda322 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
untouchable
cuz im ur #1

my school got some national blue ribbon or something-ranked 2nd in california or something-strongest in bay area. our track has been undefeated for 40 yrs? x.0'' o yeah and u need to be "tested" to get in.

Old Post 11-05-2002 04:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for untouchable Click here to Send untouchable a Private Message Visit untouchable's homepage! Find more posts by untouchable Add untouchable to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IronPanda322

Hey, that sounds like Lowell high school....

Old Post 11-05-2002 04:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for IronPanda322 Click here to Send IronPanda322 a Private Message Find more posts by IronPanda322 Add IronPanda322 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

quote:
Originally posted by IronPanda322
I uh go to UCR (University of California of Riverside)

and we're known for not havin a football team, a crappy bball team, and cow smell.

what are u talkin bout man...division 1 bball team. thats pretty damn good. davis is known for cow smell..not riverside.

Old Post 11-05-2002 04:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

quote:
Originally posted by KoReAzNPiMp
It is known for the International Baccalaureate program, which is only one of two schools in the city.

I go to two schools.
One is Portage Northern High School, which is also under the International Baccalaureate Program as well with only a few other schools in MI. Portage schools are known for their quality, and they're pretty good relative to the other schools in this area of the state. We're known for our men's soccer team which is pretty good, our women's volleyball team, and our football team is mediocre at best, some times heh. We're also known on the state-level for a succesful Forensics program, and a succesful Debate program as well. I like this school heh.

I also attend KAMSC - the kalamazoo area math and science center. it's a magnet school where kids take their math/science/tech. classes at instead of at their normals, so every day I commute over to this facility and take classes. It's a pretty rigorous program, if I was not so lazy and unmotivated I might do well here haha, but oh well. I'd say it compares to most of the top H.S.'s listed here for matriculation stats, not test scores though haha, although, it's not a full H.S.

Old Post 11-05-2002 08:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

quote:
Originally posted by tm11

I go to two schools.
One is Portage Northern High School, which is also under the International Baccalaureate Program as well with only a few other schools in MI. Portage schools are known for their quality, and they're pretty good relative to the other schools in this area of the state. We're known for our men's soccer team which is pretty good, our women's volleyball team, and our football team is mediocre at best, some times heh. We're also known on the state-level for a succesful Forensics program, and a succesful Debate program as well. I like this school heh.

I also attend KAMSC - the kalamazoo area math and science center. it's a magnet school where kids take their math/science/tech. classes at instead of at their normals, so every day I commute over to this facility and take classes. It's a pretty rigorous program, if I was not so lazy and unmotivated I might do well here haha, but oh well. I'd say it compares to most of the top H.S.'s listed here for matriculation stats, not test scores though haha, although, it's not a full H.S.

wow. double the fun at TWO skools haha
for mai skool's speech and debate, we dun reali hav a speech...practically everyone in this club duz LD and thaz it.

Old Post 11-07-2002 12:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merc

TZ is known for being one of the top AP schools in America.
also known for #1 ranked Choir in the NYC + surrounding area... as a result of a contest....performing @ Carnegie Hall in Feb.
~_^

"Truth is not determined by how many people believe it."

"All the darkness in the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle."

Last edited by merc on 11-07-2002 at 05:16 AM

Old Post 11-07-2002 05:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for merc Click here to Send merc a Private Message Find more posts by merc Add merc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

NYACK HIGHSKOOL!!!!
were about to win the nys championship for the 2nd time in 3 years!!!!! and umm also for our running or umm lack of it...

Old Post 11-21-2002 11:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Click here to Send .aS.|5p!7f!|23 a Private Message Find more posts by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Add .aS.|5p!7f!|23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merdawg
: My Avatar is So CUTE :

YEA BABY!! NYACK HIGH SCHOOl!!!!!
Tennis, Basketball, Soccer and ESPECIALLY FOOTBALL
Not to forget the home of "Stanley Lagrenade" fast man in NYS and 2nd fasted in the US!!

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee

Old Post 11-21-2002 11:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for merdawg Click here to Send merdawg a Private Message Find more posts by merdawg Add merdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote