Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > Music > "Chemistry Shrine" appears in Department store
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

"Chemistry Shrine" appears in Department store

Popular idol duo group "Chemistry" will be appearing in Japan's one and only's "Chemistry jinjya" (Chemistry Shrine) at Matsusakaya's main store's (Nagoya City, Chuukuei) south building, 1st floor organ fairground.

The special shrine was built to promote their second album "Second to None", which will be released on 1-8-2003. The big red "torii" (Shinto Shrine archway) was placed in front of the shrine, which appeared to attract alot of attention.

The promotional idea was first brought up by the production and planning team. They said that usually the "torii" is supposed to be buried in the dirt, but this is the first one in the world where it's placed right within a building."

A large photo of the duo were placed in a glass case panel in the front. Kawabata Kaname (23) was wearing his "must wear" Nike sneaker "Air Force One" when he first went for an audition. Douchin Yoshikuni (24) had an acoustic guitar. In fact, his father's guitar is placed in the living room of his family home, and he started playing music when he was in high school. Now, his favorite item in Tokyo is the guitar, and he plays it in his apartment. At the "shrine", there is a small book where one can write one's dream and hope in it. Chemistry might be reading it when they perform at the radio show "ZIP-FM" on 1-13. "Chemistry jinjya" will open until 1-13.

http://chuspo.chunichi.co.jp/00/hou...u_____004.shtml

credits: Anne chen

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-12-2003 06:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rhymester* Click here to Send rhymester* a Private Message Find more posts by rhymester* Add rhymester* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

I saw this picture already and I thought it was kinda interesting, that's a bit over the top, I didn't think it was an actual shrine. That's really surprising though, they're going all out for the second album.

Old Post 01-12-2003 06:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

yea i'l buy their next album for sure!!

Old Post 01-12-2003 07:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rhymester* Click here to Send rhymester* a Private Message Find more posts by rhymester* Add rhymester* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

it's really good! I got mine today heh. There's not too much new stuff on it but it's nice to have everything consolidated.

Old Post 01-12-2003 07:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

oh yea i saw it at HMV yesterday but i didnt buy it..haha they were playing the album in the HMV Japan section!

Old Post 01-12-2003 07:28 AM
noriko378

interesting...

I think N. American can learn a lot from the Asian way of marketing. Talk about attracting attention...

I would have gone just to see that...but then agai, I'm a nerd so...

Old Post 01-12-2003 05:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for noriko378 Click here to Send noriko378 a Private Message Find more posts by noriko378 Add noriko378 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote