Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Relationships > Love and Dating > is college worth breaking up?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
H2oBaebe

Unhappy is college worth breaking up?

man, i love him so much, and i care about him and i'm going to miss him so much and i don't want to find out wut it's like to be w/out him!! ok, so we've been together for almost 15 months and we've been through so much together that i couldn't imagine being w/anyone else. k, so we have another school year ahead of us, but wut's going to happen after that? is it worth being w/him if i know were r going to break up?? y do people have relationships that aren't going to last, and how can love die? Tonight we were talking on the fone and he inderectly told me that we r going to break up after high school no matter what.. but i don't want to know that, i don't want that to happen, and i don't understand y i luv him so much and y we r working out our difference for one another if we both now that he's leaving in 9 months for USC... then wut am i going to do..? do u think that college is a reason to break up something that could last and be something more serious? awh, i'm so depressed now!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-18-2003 10:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for H2oBaebe Click here to Send H2oBaebe a Private Message Find more posts by H2oBaebe Add H2oBaebe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FlavaFLOSS

Hello H2oBaebe!

Gosh, another one of these questions huh? I've always had my point of view on this, so I'll be more than happy to share it with you.

quote:
is it worth being w/him if i know were r going to break up??

Do you feel like he's worth the risk? Even if you know the end result? Either you decide to save yourself the from lagging heartbreak and move on, or give it a shot and run the test.

quote:
y do people have relationships that aren't going to last, and how can love die?

Some relationships may not last, but it exist for some purpose. Long term or short term relationships gives a chance for two people the experience of being in love. It helps them discover what they prefer in life when it comes to choosing a mate. It teaches them the lesson of maturing and growing to know what it feels like to be a part of someone.

I don't think love can ever die. Maybe the flame out passion is worn out, but it can never die. In your case, your love is not dead. It's being put through a test.

quote:
tonight we were talking on the fone and he inderectly told me that we r going to break up after high school no matter what.. but i don't want to know that

I don't understand. Is he initiating the break up? It seems like he's leaving you with no option of trying to work this out when he says, "no matter what". Ask him if he wants to give this relationship after high school a try.

---

If you two feel strongly for each other, then it might be worth it to give the college love life a try. Afterall, you'll at least have no regrets knowing that you did something to hold onto the person you love.

You know, if you two really do love each other, college or distance shouldn't be a factor. I mean, if the both of you can't handle being away from each other and grow independently, then how will you ever mature? How will you ever be able to know what it's like to be apart from each other? I'm sure if both of you stay strong and understand each other, nine months or even four years isn't even a problem.

And on another note, if your relationship doesn't work out, you'll always meet someone in college. There are plenty of fishes in the sea. There are many more things you'll learn as you grow. You might even be able to pick up a keeper. ;)

Until then, take care of yourself and love wisely,

Ane~

Old Post 08-18-2003 11:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FlavaFLOSS Click here to Send FlavaFLOSS a Private Message Find more posts by FlavaFLOSS Add FlavaFLOSS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

i broke up with my gf when i left for college, were still friends and weve seen other people.

it was a similar situation for me as well. i used to live in norcal and now im living in socal. But college can really change a person. im not the same person i was in high school and my outlook on love isnt the same either.

so...yeah i think you should, youre still young, youll find someone else

Old Post 08-19-2003 01:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AZN Pinoy BOI
..:SeNsei-Kun

heh heh flavafloss is lik ethe less harsh psytek2.0

sry... i really don't know what to say about it because i haven't experianced it

wana chat?
aim: LiQUiD PhLiP o1
xanga: AZNpinoyBOI

Old Post 08-19-2003 02:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AZN Pinoy BOI Click here to Send AZN Pinoy BOI a Private Message Visit AZN Pinoy BOI's homepage! Find more posts by AZN Pinoy BOI Add AZN Pinoy BOI to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by tea
so...yeah i think you should, youre still young, youll find someone else

Old Post 08-19-2003 02:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H2oBaebe

thanks, i know i'm young, and i know college will change both of us, and i know i'm a stupid young child who will learn someday. just right now i don't want to know that we r breaking up.. and yeah, like my whole family get's married to their high school sweet hearts. how said that i'm not following the tradition! i honestly (right now) don't think that i'm ever going to get married. plus, i really 'hate' kids, so i don't see myself ever going through pregnancy...

Old Post 08-20-2003 10:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for H2oBaebe Click here to Send H2oBaebe a Private Message Find more posts by H2oBaebe Add H2oBaebe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote