Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Relationships > Friends and Family > estranged
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
roentgen
take nothing for granted

estranged

Does anyone have any family that they are no longer in contact/were never in contact with?

My mother's side of the family lives, for the most part, in Korea.
I have two aunts that live in the US. My aunt Youngli, I think she still lives in NC. My sister and I used to visit her...though she didn't really talk to us much or anything like that.
My aunt Eunmi lives in Maryland. I just met her in '99. She came to visit. But we aren't close. I visited her this past summer without my mother or sister. I freaked out after a very short while and had to come home early. She wasn't a terrible person at all. She was really, very nice. It was just...we were such strangers that it was really awkward, and that made me really nervous.
I feel a little resentful to a good portion of my Korean family. They never called(except for Eunmi) or wrote letters. And, since my mother can't speak Korean anymore...we have no medium of communication, anyway.
I dislike not knowing them, though.

-first member-

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-06-2003 05:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for roentgen Click here to Send roentgen a Private Message Visit roentgen's homepage! Find more posts by roentgen Add roentgen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

how long has your mom been in korea?

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 01-06-2003 08:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roentgen
take nothing for granted

My mother lived in Korea until she was twelve and then emigrated to the United States to live with her eldest sister(Youngli) After a while, Youngli decided that she didn't want to deal with her and sent her off to a foster family. My mother spoke Korean into her late teens and then gradually forgot after not speaking to her family for such a long time. It has been about twenty years. My aunt Eunmi(living in US for about five years) can't understand why my mother doesn't speak Korean anymore and is trying to push her to regain the language.

-first member-

Old Post 01-06-2003 03:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for roentgen Click here to Send roentgen a Private Message Visit roentgen's homepage! Find more posts by roentgen Add roentgen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KpSwEeTiE143

i dont know my moms side of the family either. i met her cousin one time but that was it they all live in korea. my mom still knows korean like she left korea when she was 8 n neva went back till she was like um...40 or so in 99' cause she and her family had gotten seperated..long story. anyways when she went back she started to remember everything hehe. i cant speak korean -_-v she neva taught us sighs oh well ish so funny if my grandmother calls or my aunt cuz im like uh ahn young blah blah and like rush to give her da fone

Old Post 01-06-2003 03:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KpSwEeTiE143 Click here to Send KpSwEeTiE143 a Private Message Visit KpSwEeTiE143's homepage! Find more posts by KpSwEeTiE143 Add KpSwEeTiE143 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

i don't noe even half of my family

Old Post 01-07-2003 07:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

quote:
Originally posted by KpSwEeTiE143
i dont know my moms side of the family either. i met her cousin one time but that was it they all live in korea. my mom still knows korean like she left korea when she was 8 n neva went back till she was like um...40 or so in 99' cause she and her family had gotten seperated..long story. anyways when she went back she started to remember everything hehe. i cant speak korean -_-v she neva taught us sighs oh well ish so funny if my grandmother calls or my aunt cuz im like uh ahn young blah blah and like rush to give her da fone

i know this story d=) and it is a long story.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 01-07-2003 12:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KpSwEeTiE143

HAHHAHA yes it is a long story sang (=p)

Old Post 01-07-2003 02:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KpSwEeTiE143 Click here to Send KpSwEeTiE143 a Private Message Visit KpSwEeTiE143's homepage! Find more posts by KpSwEeTiE143 Add KpSwEeTiE143 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

after mai aunt on mai dad's side passed away (she was mai dad's sister) her husband married someone else in less than a year. that made the entire family on mai dad's side pissed off, but they cudn't do nethin bout it. mai father resents him so much that we've basically lost all contact with that branch of the family. mai dad prolli duzn't even consider them family nemore cuz he had kids with that woman (mai step aunt i guess) and mai uncle duzn't even care about the kids he had with mai aunt. the last time i saw anyone from that part of the family was about 5 and a half years ago at mai aunts funeral.

Old Post 01-09-2003 01:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AZN Pinoy BOI
..:SeNsei-Kun

i don't know a couple of aunts back in the Philippines... i have like 3 cousins spred around the US and i donno who they are...

wana chat?
aim: LiQUiD PhLiP o1
xanga: AZNpinoyBOI

Old Post 01-09-2003 02:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AZN Pinoy BOI Click here to Send AZN Pinoy BOI a Private Message Visit AZN Pinoy BOI's homepage! Find more posts by AZN Pinoy BOI Add AZN Pinoy BOI to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
the bue

nothing has really happened like that to me. but i did have some relatives who live in another country who we dont really talk to anymore

12101 bue

Old Post 01-09-2003 08:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for the bue Click here to Send the bue a Private Message Visit the bue's homepage! Find more posts by the bue Add the bue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote