Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > dumb topic- if...
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Klumzy

dumb topic- if...

if USA vs Afghanistan was a soccer match... what do you think the score was???

i say 1000-0

HOW SAD IS THIS?? USA lost more men becuase of mistakes/errors than they did to enemy fire

HAHAHAH now that's sad

what's even more funny is the fact that THAT DUMB AFGHAN LEADER, forgot his stupid name, said allah was gonna give victory to teh afghans LOL... keep dreaming people...

oh by the way, since allah couldnt do jack shit for the arabs, who thinks allah is dead?

dont get offended guys... im just debating my debating skillz, (yes i know it sucks chicken balls)

dumb topic indeed, just want to liven up this forum topic

FLAME ON!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-28-2002 11:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Klumzy Click here to Send Klumzy a Private Message Find more posts by Klumzy Add Klumzy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nickels

Is is more comforting to know that close ones die from enemy fire or accidents from friendly forces? I'd say that it's more honorable to die to the little rat bastards on the enemy side than retarded friends... say, don't you remember that one Green Beret who was killed by the 14yr old noob with an ak? Damn... special ops gettin run over by simple bums, now that's agonizing.

Old Post 12-28-2002 11:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for nickels Click here to Send nickels a Private Message Find more posts by nickels Add nickels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

Re: dumb topic- if...

quote:
Originally posted by Klumzy
im just debating my debating skillz, (yes i know it sucks chicken balls)

looks like you need some thinking skills too.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 12-29-2002 01:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Klumzy

Re: Re: dumb topic- if...

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
looks like you need some thinking skills too.

look fart brain, not everyone has to to einstein here

Old Post 12-29-2002 01:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Klumzy Click here to Send Klumzy a Private Message Find more posts by Klumzy Add Klumzy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

Re: Re: Re: dumb topic- if...

quote:
look fart brain, not everyone has to to einstein here

but this place would be much more enjoyable if everyone could actually use their brain to do a little thinking.

Islam is well on its way to becoming the #1 religion in the world. Allah is far from dead.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 12-29-2002 01:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

Re: Re: Re: Re: dumb topic- if...

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
Islam is well on its way to becoming the #1 religion in the world. Allah is far from dead.

u sure? u got an article or somethin i liked 2 read that. i got no idea how big which religion is.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 12-29-2002 01:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nickels

I would disagree with the notion of Islam being the #1 religion, but perhaps the largest and largest growing religion~

And I believe that Klumzy is referring to Allah's actions, not the proliferation of a faith in Allah's name.

Old Post 12-29-2002 02:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for nickels Click here to Send nickels a Private Message Find more posts by nickels Add nickels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by nickels
I would disagree with the notion of Islam being the #1 religion, but perhaps the largest and largest growing religion~

thats what i meant, sorry if there was a misunderstanding

quote:
And I believe that Klumzy is referring to Allah's actions, not the proliferation of a faith in Allah's name.

Utilizing the standard of Action, one could easily argue that God does not exist, given events such as the Holocaust or World War II. A faith exists as long as there are believers. Without a believer, that diety would be dead. Thus, the proliferation of faith is a much better standard to use; and it is that standard upon which I based my statement.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 12-29-2002 02:44 AM
nickels

I don't believe in the same standard. I'd say that it doesn't depend on the believers to determine if God is dead. We aren't talking about the Greek gods here.

Last edited by nickels on 12-30-2002 at 01:15 AM

Old Post 12-29-2002 02:55 AM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

Re: dumb topic- if...

quote:
if USA vs Afghanistan was a soccer match... what do you think the score was???

i say 1000-0

i don't think we are THAT good, are we?

quote:

HOW SAD IS THIS?? USA lost more men becuase of mistakes/errors than they did to enemy fire

HAHAHAH now that's sad

what's sad about losing people because of mistakes? Seems logical.

quote:

what's even more funny is the fact that THAT DUMB AFGHAN LEADER, forgot his stupid name, said allah was gonna give victory to teh afghans LOL... keep dreaming people...

Hamid Karzai? This is so biased, christians say that all the time and similar fates happen. Same with all religions. That doesn't disprove allah's existence, the same way that it doesn't disprove god's existence in other religions. Whatever cop outs follow hehe that still make it "alive." Whatever i'm atheist, so i'm biased as well, but THAT event alone doesn't disprove the existence.

quote:

oh by the way, since allah couldnt do jack shit for the arabs, who thinks allah is dead?

i think god is dead, i think all gods are dead. Do i think allah alone is dead? He is as dead as the christian and all other gods are.

quote:

dont get offended guys... im just debating my debating skillz, (yes i know it sucks chicken balls)

dumb topic indeed, just want to liven up this forum topic

FLAME ON!!!

I'm actually confused as to what the topic is...soccer match? or is allah dead? or what? Whatever, i don't like this topic...so i don't care that much.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 12-29-2002 07:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redoubt
grasshopper pie

mistakes....
It can be that our army sucks, and is more careless than some. Maybe we weren't trained that well or something, and US soldiers made more mistakes than the other nations.

US accident deaths are prolly cuz we don't like to engage our soldiers in combat. Ever thought about that? And maybe the accident rate remains constant, and then the combat death rate drops below it. Use your head, question the stats. =p~

yeap, but seeing as how we have one of the best armies in the world, yoo should prolly research some more. Maybe other nations have a higher accident death rate than the US.

Soccer match? --> army deaths?

Old Post 12-29-2002 05:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for redoubt Click here to Send redoubt a Private Message Visit redoubt's homepage! Find more posts by redoubt Add redoubt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by redoubt
mistakes....
It can be that our army sucks, and is more careless than some. Maybe we weren't trained that well or something, and US soldiers made more mistakes than the other nations.

US accident deaths are prolly cuz we don't like to engage our soldiers in combat. Ever thought about that? And maybe the accident rate remains constant, and then the combat death rate drops below it. Use your head, question the stats. =p~

yeap, but seeing as how we have one of the best armies in the world, yoo should prolly research some more. Maybe other nations have a higher accident death rate than the US.

Soccer match? --> army deaths?

thats absurd. An accident rate being constant? Everyone think about that for a second. Now apply the last sentence in the 2nd paragraph to this.

-Cromwell

Old Post 12-29-2002 08:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nickels

quote:
i think god is dead, i think all gods are dead. Do i think allah alone is dead? He is as dead as the christian and all other gods are.

So you say that they once were living?

accident mortality rate or accident rate? Then again, accidents are supposed to be a random occurrence, so unless the factors changed significantly, the probability of accidents occurring should not fluctuate much.

Last edited by nickels on 12-30-2002 at 01:21 AM

Old Post 12-30-2002 01:06 AM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
So you say that they once were living?

accident mortality rate or accident rate? Then again, accidents are supposed to be a random occurrence, so unless the factors changed significantly, the probability of accidents occurring should not fluctuate much.

nope, i don't think they were ever living. But if they ever did (contrary to my beliefs), then they are as dead or as alive as the other one is. I'm saying, there's no reason to prioritize one over the other since both are both as improbable to believe if you don't believe in creation.

Well, i think if it's an accident...then it isn't planned. So sure it could be generalized overtime as being constant sometime. But generally speaking, that would all be coincidental. Accidents should be random having no trent.

-Cromwell

Old Post 12-30-2002 01:36 AM
Spuzzter

When Nietzche said that God was dead, did he mean an omniscient, omnipotent entity had somehow kicked the bucket?

I don't think so... instead, Nietzche was referring to the fact that the intellectuals of his (and our) time have shaken off the need for a God, god, or gods. If that were so, then would that mean that Nietzche was actually decrying God, or was he decrying the practice of decrying God?

Old Post 01-02-2003 06:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Spuzzter Click here to Send Spuzzter a Private Message Find more posts by Spuzzter Add Spuzzter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Spuzzter

Hell, it doesn't have to be limited to intellectuals.

Old Post 01-02-2003 07:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Spuzzter Click here to Send Spuzzter a Private Message Find more posts by Spuzzter Add Spuzzter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

he was denouncing the practice of god, and the existence of it. God never existed in his mind, and it's foolish we practice religion. The intellectual standards of the human race should have had matured into a logical thinking standard and hence logically deduce that god does not exist according to him. He forsaw logic ruling everything, as if humanity would awaken into this age. He concluded with an observation that humanity would all become more or less fixated on logic so much, as that we would transcend into an age he called "the total eclipse of human values". In effect, everyone would realize how foolish morals and values were and would be rendered nihilist in the future...the mentality was that if we all thought about it long enough we'd "realize" that our past proceedings into the advancement of civilization with ethics and morals was nothing more than an extended fatuous notion. Well, that didn't happen yet and i don't think it will. At one time i thought the same thing i must admit, but i didn't write it down heh, cause it doesn't seem very likely that will ever happen. So, nietzsche's future of the world would be a nihilistic one with no religion or code of ethics. He also said there'd be no creationist followers at some point, i think he put a date on it actually a vague one but a date i think, don't remember, it's probably past...if it didn't i don't really think it will ever happen anyway. Anyway, We'd all be more or less machines with the same rights as animals...rather there would be no inherent rights and we'd recognize this. But yeah, i'll stop there.

-Cromwell

Last edited by PsychoSnowman on 01-02-2003 at 07:25 AM

Old Post 01-02-2003 07:21 AM
aznkid1008
God is my judge

ok all i got 2 say is that the person that is bashin on the US army can go live back to watever country he came from if he doesnt like how things r run. those accidents? its called human error. ur human im human it is human to make mistakes. the only reason we hear about them is because they r the only reasons our men die. u dont hear it from anyone else cause hell they r loosin men left and rite by the enemy. we r that effective that we lose less men in combat to the amount from accidents. if ur perfect and not one accident has happened 2 u good for u, u want a cookie? no ur not gettin a cookie cause we all make mistakes. the only reason im pissed at u is cause these people r goin 2 other crappy countries and puttin their lives for U, so be thankful.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 01-02-2003 11:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote