Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > Taxes
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

Taxes

Bush has proposed about tax cuts... what do you think about this case? Will the rich get richer while the poor either become poorer or stay the same? Do you believe that what he wants to be done should be done? What are your thoughts?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-08-2003 05:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

he has? hmm anyway let's not turn this into another captism thread, but...of course the rich will get richer and poor will get poorer. I think if he really did propose tax cuts it's a terrible time to do it, the USFG needs money to fund all this new security and the like...and the war on terrorism, and war is not cheap, i don't see why we'd cut taxes to raise our economy when we really need all that money to fund ourselves in war. Maybe there's somethign i'm not seeing haha, seems like it for some reason

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 01-08-2003 08:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Spuzzter

Well, everyone gets one-thousands dollars basically, whether they earn 40k a year, or 100k. Thing is though, there are no stock dividend taxes; so that the person making 100k, much more likely to be involved with stocks than the 40k, benefits. I can see some virtue in this; people will be more 'confident' to spend money. STill, with the upcoming war (ridiculous, it's been 'coming up' for a half a year now) and contined US operations abroad, i don't think anyone should break the bank

Old Post 01-09-2003 02:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Spuzzter Click here to Send Spuzzter a Private Message Find more posts by Spuzzter Add Spuzzter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote