Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Relationships > Love and Dating > Is there such a thing as "The One"?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
WhiteLee
"Oh we totally have to."

Question Is there such a thing as "The One"?

I bought the very first issue of Audrey magazine today (great stuff btw. I highly recommend it) and an article that debated whether or not "The One" existed was rather interesting. I'll get back on and type it up later. But please ponder this while you wait, Is there really such a thing as "The One"?

"Before and After" Ayumi Hamasaki

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-23-2003 01:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteLee Click here to Send WhiteLee a Private Message Visit WhiteLee's homepage! Find more posts by WhiteLee Add WhiteLee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merdawg
: My Avatar is So CUTE :

yea, the one u end up marrying

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee

Old Post 04-23-2003 02:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for merdawg Click here to Send merdawg a Private Message Find more posts by merdawg Add merdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by merdawg

what about people who don't get married or devorce alot i don't believe there is "the one"

Old Post 04-29-2003 05:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hip hOp Yu Ja

there is! becuz i met myne!

"Me I'm into being like #1 Korean, I represent the Seoul and every yellow human being" ... DT...

Old Post 05-04-2003 06:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hip hOp Yu Ja Click here to Send hip hOp Yu Ja a Private Message Find more posts by hip hOp Yu Ja Add hip hOp Yu Ja to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
screwyou

quote:
Originally posted by hip hOp Yu Ja

no you didn't.

Old Post 05-04-2003 04:15 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
†ìÿgü

Nope

This is just a concept invented by Hollywood. Truthfully it doesn't take too much for two people to hook up, they just gotta wanna work on their relationship.

Old Post 05-05-2003 04:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for †ìÿgü Click here to Send †ìÿgü a Private Message Visit †ìÿgü's homepage! Find more posts by †ìÿgü Add †ìÿgü to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
princesszinza

If there was only ONE no one would marry cuz statistically it would be impossible for anyone to meet their one and only. People delude themselves about many things just to get by in this messed up world and true love with my perfect soulmate is one of these delusions. I buy into all this romance crap myself cuz it's just more fun then not believing kind of like the whole eternal life after you die thing.

Old Post 05-05-2003 08:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for princesszinza Click here to Send princesszinza a Private Message Find more posts by princesszinza Add princesszinza to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

quote:
Originally posted by merdawg
you learned that from somewhere. if you really believe that, well its wrong. women are forced into mariage to get financial support and/or becuase of pregnancy in many cases. i think that many times you end up thinking youre with 'the one' but theres a really small chance that you really are.

Old Post 05-05-2003 09:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Click here to Send .aS.|5p!7f!|23 a Private Message Find more posts by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Add .aS.|5p!7f!|23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
psyTeK ver. 2.0
face the facts kid.

face the facts people.
the "one" isn't someone you meet with your eyes, it's someone you create with your heart.

Old Post 05-06-2003 02:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for psyTeK ver. 2.0 Click here to Send psyTeK ver. 2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by psyTeK ver. 2.0 Add psyTeK ver. 2.0 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
marvinOPPA
i like u this much

quote:
Originally posted by hip hOp Yu Ja
we'll see wat you say in a year

Old Post 05-06-2003 05:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for marvinOPPA Click here to Send marvinOPPA a Private Message Find more posts by marvinOPPA Add marvinOPPA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

the one is an ill ass movie. jet li was all killin mad niggaz.

Old Post 05-06-2003 03:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Click here to Send .aS.|5p!7f!|23 a Private Message Find more posts by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Add .aS.|5p!7f!|23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

perhaps it's all in what some one believes? I mean, I think that some people find their "one" and some people don't... and there are people who find many "ones". I guess what I mean is, it's all in what people think it to be. some people find romance to be all fun while others take it seriously... doesn't that play a factor in what "the one" is?

so, is there such a thing as "The One"... correct me if i'm wrong, but I think, Yes, we are all "the one" for at least one person in the world... Sometimes, they find you, and some times they don't.

Old Post 05-06-2003 07:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
†ìÿgü

Yeah there is

His names Neo, you can see him on 05.15. He's the only one who can save us all.

Old Post 05-06-2003 09:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for †ìÿgü Click here to Send †ìÿgü a Private Message Visit †ìÿgü's homepage! Find more posts by †ìÿgü Add †ìÿgü to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GinaDaQueen

Re: Nope

quote:
Originally posted by †ìÿgü
This is just a concept invented by Hollywood. Truthfully it doesn't take too much for two people to hook up, they just gotta wanna work on their relationship.

yeah, i agree..... love is about working relationships out, not finding the perfect man/woman because there is no such thing... work is what makes love successful

Old Post 05-06-2003 11:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GinaDaQueen Click here to Send GinaDaQueen a Private Message Find more posts by GinaDaQueen Add GinaDaQueen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
†ìÿgü

Yuupppp

There's a book I'm reading 'Ultimate Power' by Anthony Robbins and he says 'We can create any feeling we want in ourselves at any time...' so if we want to feel love, we can make it happen, but its not gonna materialize out of thin air.

Love's just a state of being. Hell, I fall in love every day of the week.

Old Post 05-08-2003 09:06 AM
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

quote:
Originally posted by psyTeK ver. 2.0
face the facts people.
the "one" isn't someone you meet with your eyes, it's someone you create with your heart.

amen to that.
if their heart speaks to urs...and ur heart replies back in a way that both of you understand... its meaning is true.
i dont know, in my opinion its what ignorance that makes the tension stronger... and later on its gonna smack you across the face, realizing its true.
i believe it exists.

Old Post 10-23-2003 07:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for YaaMaKoh Click here to Send YaaMaKoh a Private Message Visit YaaMaKoh's homepage! Find more posts by YaaMaKoh Add YaaMaKoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GDandYBsOneLove
~la la la~

quote:
Originally posted by YaaMaKoh
amen to that.
if their heart speaks to urs...and ur heart replies back in a way that both of you understand... its meaning is true.
i dont know, in my opinion its what ignorance that makes the tension stronger... and later on its gonna smack you across the face, realizing its true.
i believe it exists.

aw that sounded so nice...but im hopeful that there will be someone that can be the "one" someday hehe

Old Post 10-23-2003 08:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GDandYBsOneLove Click here to Send GDandYBsOneLove a Private Message Find more posts by GDandYBsOneLove Add GDandYBsOneLove to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

if the one means there is one person that is somehow right for you in teh world only, then sure for people there could very possibly be a one person for them, there is no entity above us that would be able to validate that so it is up to you. For others there are many, and for some there are none. This is a bad question. If i said for everyone there is one right person then i would be effectually saying i believe in some higher force that dictates life, fate, etc. and that is not the case.

I think this question effectually is asking do you believe in fate, or destiny.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 10-23-2003 11:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
castle outsider

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
if the one means there is one person that is somehow right for you in teh world only, then sure for people there could very possibly be a one person for them, there is no entity above us that would be able to validate that so it is up to you. For others there are many, and for some there are none. This is a bad question. If i said for everyone there is one right person then i would be effectually saying i believe in some higher force that dictates life, fate, etc. and that is not the case.

I think this question effectually is asking do you believe in fate, or destiny.

woah..nice connection there

and as for the question, no i dont believe in the existence of the one

Old Post 10-24-2003 12:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for castle outsider Click here to Send castle outsider a Private Message Visit castle outsider's homepage! Find more posts by castle outsider Add castle outsider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

quote:
Originally posted by psyTeK ver. 2.0
face the facts people.

how romantic... in the "face the facts" way.

I don't have an answer for that question. Either way the outcome sucks. Justification? So let's say there is such a thing called "the one". You'll never be happy because you'll always wonder if the person you are with IS "the one". If there isn't such a thing as "the one" you'll feel hopeless.... everyone partner is essentially wrong for you in some way right? since there isn't one person that you're just meant to be with.... what you're doing isn't searching for your partner.... you're just wandering around... lost... hoping you'll end up with someone decent.

So I think either way it sucks... that's why i like psytek's answer so much.

Old Post 10-24-2003 04:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote