Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > Should guns be outlawed in US?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
aznkid1008
God is my judge

Should guns be outlawed in US?

i believe so
cops shouldnt even carry guns. many countries outlawed guns and r perfectly safe(like Jamaca and England). i think it would be much safer since no one has guns then. u may bring up the rite to bare arms. well if u read the constitution of USA it was created for state militia NOT for the public. therefore that amendment is far from its original purpose.

SO LET THE DEBATIN BEGIN

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-13-2002 03:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

i think the amendment was for the public as well, but i'll have to look at it again to double check.

Anyway, guns shouldn't be outlawed simpy because of their existence. We put restrictions on guns now and people get them don't they? If we illegalize them all, then the law enforcers will be the ones WITHOUT the guns and a more dangerous situation can occur from it. Items will always be smuggled into the country, and guns aren't an exception. A nasty cycle, but once they were created there's no getting rid of them.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 07-13-2002 03:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

No... guns should not be allowed publicly... but then, comes the hunting... some people live on hunting... That's how they make their living...

Again, if guns become outlawed... pretty sure people will still have them... illegaly...

Old Post 07-13-2002 03:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
i think the amendment was for the public as well, but i'll have to look at it again to double check.

Anyway, guns shouldn't be outlawed simpy because of their existence. We put restrictions on guns now and people get them don't they? If we illegalize them all, then the law enforcers will be the ones WITHOUT the guns and a more dangerous situation can occur from it. Items will always be smuggled into the country, and guns aren't an exception. A nasty cycle, but once they were created there's no getting rid of them.

trust me i did an essay on it that was 10 pages it wasnt supposed to be for the public. the 2nd thing thats y we hav the national gaurd.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 07-13-2002 03:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

quote:
No... guns should not be allowed publicly... but then, comes the hunting... some people live on hunting... That's how they make their living...

yeah hunting! i use a m4 carbine with m203 grenade launcher to hunt deer!! :sleepy:

lol, outlaw guns. so the cops cant even carry em.

Cop: "PUT YOUR HANDS UP. YOURE UNDER ARREST"
Criminal: "with what?"
Cop: "my lethal baton. hiiiiya!"
Criminal: "....." *points gun at cop
Cop: "ok, u win"

the reason other countries are safe with guns outlawed is becuz they're not fucked up to begin with. Unfortunately for us.....

Old Post 07-13-2002 03:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Amanda

I agree with the fact that people will still find a way to acquire the weapons. Guns don't kill people, people kill people (haha!). People will find a way to kill someone regardless if there are guns or not. Sure, guns provide an easy way of doing it, but if someone really wants to kill someone, they could. Not even allowing cops to carry guns would be complete mayhem. Also, you bring in to perspective the hunters. What are they to do? Try to kill a bird with a pocket knife?

Old Post 07-13-2002 03:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Amanda Click here to Send Amanda a Private Message Visit Amanda's homepage! Find more posts by Amanda Add Amanda to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by aznkid1008

trust me i did an essay on it that was 10 pages it wasnt supposed to be for the public. the 2nd thing thats y we hav the national gaurd.

all right, i trust you. But my whole post wasn't about that :satisfy: . Banning guns would ban guns from the national guard as well though.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 07-13-2002 06:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

banning guns will just allow the terrorist nations to attack the united states. and banning guns will not stop the flow of arms from coming into the united states, there will always be smuggling, and not to mention the black market

Old Post 07-13-2002 06:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman

all right, i trust you. But my whole post wasn't about that :satisfy: . Banning guns would ban guns from the national guard as well though.

well never said it would be banned for our military...that makes alot of sense we got nukes but our special forces hav butterfly knives

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 07-13-2002 03:11 PM
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
Originally posted by tea
banning guns will just allow the terrorist nations to attack the united states. and banning guns will not stop the flow of arms from coming into the united states, there will always be smuggling, and not to mention the black market

well they didnt use guns they used a boing 747 and knives to take over the planes :huh:
and the flow of guns into the country, hmmm y dont we actually use our military for defense instead of trainin them and not actually usin them besides takin out some desert people wit their towels on too tite on their heads...

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 07-13-2002 03:13 PM
huby40
Squeak....

quote:
y dont we actually use our military for defense instead of trainin them and not actually usin them

use military against what? nobody declared war on the US. if u wanna use em to stop gun flow who u gonna shoot? u dont know where the guns are being illegaly imported.

Old Post 07-13-2002 05:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

quote:

lets see what happens if were you living during the vietnam era, and you happened to be one of those students protesting against the war in columbus, ohio. would trust the nat'l guard now?

guns dont kill people, people kill people. simple philosophy. england is not much a safe place as any other. you still have the IRA to deal with along with smugglers. jamaica? they just smoke pot, even though they're politically screwed up. keep the guns.

Old Post 07-19-2002 08:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for volcom strider Click here to Send volcom strider a Private Message Find more posts by volcom strider Add volcom strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

quote:

well never said it would be banned for our military...that makes alot of sense we got nukes but our special forces hav butterfly knives

look at the title.
"Should guns be outlawed in US?
so that would also mean the US military

Old Post 07-19-2002 12:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

for the public and police we should get rid of guns. wats the point of havin a military then!
england put the law out in 1998, but their military still has their famases and m16s. military is the military an army always has weapons if not u dont hav a military do u....
then we hav the Chinese Military of 1950, where 1/6 of their men did hav guns or somethin like that...close to none actually

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 07-19-2002 04:38 PM
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

If you outlaw guns, the only people that would be carrying guns would be oulaws
and that is not good.

i heard that somewhere i think i messed it up though

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 07-20-2002 05:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tuffy

It's a foolish idealistic thought. May be outlawed, but remember, so was Pot. The only differance is that guns kill a Hell of alot more people, a Hell of alot faster.

There is no point in trying. All everyone will get is death, heart break, and a headache.

These "outlaws" that would be left with the guns would include people of all sorts. All of them with plenty potential to kill. All it takes is one bullet. All it takes is to squeeze a trigger with one finger. That's it, and then someone is dead.

Old Post 07-20-2002 11:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tuffy Click here to Send Tuffy a Private Message Find more posts by Tuffy Add Tuffy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

word

look at reality. Not some fukin dream world. The liberals get high on pot so much that they spend most of their time there. No wonder they make such utopian yet unrealistic propositions.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 07-20-2002 05:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

so basically u guys r sayin its impossible
those who try the impossible will do the amazing

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 07-21-2002 03:13 AM
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

or fail miserably at the end.

take communism for example. Damn good idea, except it is too darn utopian because that is what it strives for. However, it is based on the belief that everyone would want to strive for such a society and be satisfied at their stature. But, we know for a fact that this will never be the case because of ambition, greed, and other vices that cannot be eliminated.

Same goes for this. It is based upon an utopian ideal that is founded upon the belief that everyone wants peace and happiness. This, again, is not true and will never be because the human nature is one of seperate ideals and ideas of goodness. Thusly, you cannot expect everyone to follow this rule if it is ever implemented. And those who don't are most likely the "outlaws" of society, and indeed, when armed with a gun, would most likely be very dangerous. Especially if no one has anything to protect themselves with.

And since you proposed that guns should be taken away from law enforcement as well, then the outlaws would be 20 steps ahead of everyone.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 07-21-2002 06:48 AM
Dreamcatcher

quote:
Originally posted by Tuffy
It's a foolish idealistic thought. May be outlawed, but remember, so was Pot. The only differance is that guns kill a Hell of alot more people, a Hell of alot faster.
\

True, but if you turn that around, and pretend that Pot hadn't been outlawed, then the problem would have been a whole lot worse. Yes, there are many places where it is being smuggled, but if it were openly being sold as 'OK' then my god! We'd all be addicted!

I think it's the same with guns. No, it wouldn't be possible to get rid of them completely, but if they aren't wholly endorsed by the government, and people were getting caught for carrying them, it seems to me that it would certainly cut down on crime. After all, if, like now, everyone is allowed to carry a concealed weapon, then it just seems like the freeway straight to 'accidents' and crime and death.

I do think that the idea about the military not being able to carry weapons is kind of stupid though. And the police should also be allowed to carry guns. No one else. The less the opportunity, the less the occurence.

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand."
- Chinese Proverb

Old Post 08-03-2002 06:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dreamcatcher Click here to Send Dreamcatcher a Private Message Find more posts by Dreamcatcher Add Dreamcatcher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote