Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > Russians and Indians????
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by TyGer STyLe
there are specific differences in physical traits between asians and pacific islanders... i used to have a paper where it lists all the differences but i can't seem to find it... and i don't remember what trait sets pacific islanders apart... if i remember correctly what sets asians apart physically is the eyes, from what i was taught in my classes, asians have an extra fold of skin in their eyes, making our eyes look smaller, and yes... giving the appearence that our eyes are slanted...

latinos and hispanics are considered white, because of their spanish heritage... despite being a mix of white and native american, i believe there is a general concensus that latinos and hispanics are under the catagory "white." just because your a mix of two races doesn't make you a whole new race you know???

You seem to be setting asians and pacific islanders apart because some have slightly different traits while categorizing latinos and whites as the same even though they have even more differences from each other.

Also why is it when I sign up for something or take a survey, I see a bunch of choices for nationality/heritage and the choices have pacific islanders and asians catogarized as the same while hispanic and white are different?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-08-2002 11:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

since russia is in asia theyre asian

thats it

Old Post 11-09-2002 04:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist
You seem to be setting asians and pacific islanders apart because some have slightly different traits while categorizing latinos and whites as the same even though they have even more differences from each other.

Also why is it when I sign up for something or take a survey, I see a bunch of choices for nationality/heritage and the choices have pacific islanders and asians catogarized as the same while hispanic and white are different?

well first... asians are different from pacific islanders because different general physical traits (i ferget the specific physical traits) they display... but they are two very different people (with exception to phillipinos)... latinos are a mix of white and native american... once again i say... just cuz your a mix doesn't make you a whole different race... what sets asians apart from pacific islanders is that pacific islanders have... lemme see... i don't like the word but... evolved apart from other peoples, therefore developed physically differently from asians, whites, etc... because of these PHYSICAL differences in physiology they are considered a different race... geez... how many times do i have to explain...

now for the second question as to why they have many different "races" listed on standardized testing and such... well they have these to gather information am i correct? well if they generalized the races to just the 5 true races, they wouldn't have very good information for the reason it would be to general... there fore they divide each of the 5 races into subcatagories... going back to the first question, if you look carefully at the list you'll see catagory "asians/pacific islander" even the testers understand they are different races, but its just easier to lump em together because they live in the "east" where culture has put an emphisis on education for success... asians and pacific islanders usually have a higher drive in america to succeed in education... im getting off tangent... as for hispanics and whites being set apart is because culturally they are different...

today we make the mistake of saying nationality and race are the same thing, while they are two VERY different things... you can change your nationality, race you cannot... race is based on physical differences, while nationality is based on a common language, country associated, if you have a passport there, or common culture... DO NOT ASSUME because you are culturally korean, chinese, japanese etc... that your nationality is from there, if your a citizen of a country your nationality is of that country, not where you originated, you can say your korean AMERICAN, but essentially your american... race is purely based on physical differences that sets different groups of humans apart through thousands of years of developement on their own... therefore i say, hispanics are NOT their own race, and pacific islanders are...

okay i remember a few physical differences that set people apart..
africans: higher butt for a better center of gravity to run faster, the obvious dark pigmented skin

asians: the extra fold of skin in their eyes... theres somethin more but i ferget

whites: ALOT of hair, they have the tendencies to grow hair everywhere you can think of...

american indians: i ferget many but i remember that they have very little body hair... if you look at true pure blooded indians, they have no facial hair... except for the eyebrows and such...

i ferget the traits the pacific islanders have...

Last edited by TyGer STyLe on 11-09-2002 at 04:27 AM

Old Post 11-09-2002 04:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote