Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Enlightenment > Illegal Immigrant employment
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Illegal Immigrant employment

I just saw President Bush on the news proposing a plan to allow employment of illegal immigrant employment. Some of the news people talked about how illegal immigrants will take jobs from Americans.

So I've heard that Bush proposed Trickle-down economics which some people say will "create jobs", now he proposes this which some people claim will "take jobs" so what do you people think about this?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-08-2004 03:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eddiee
werD?

whats next...

illegal immigrants can vote?

Old Post 01-08-2004 12:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for eddiee Click here to Send eddiee a Private Message Find more posts by eddiee Add eddiee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

nice one maddox!!!

i don't get how people say immigrants take jobs of americans either. isn't that what capitalism is? working is selling a service. here's an analogy:

there's a company that's been around for a century selling pianos. then this new company comes up and sells the same quality pianos for a price that's lower. the old company's sales drop. does that mean they can say "that new company is taking my business!!" no. it's competition. either you cut your prices or make a better product.

so, in real life you either work for less money or do a better job. don't blame the immigrants. blame your notion that you're better because you're not an immigrant.

i hope that makes sense.

Old Post 01-08-2004 09:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaqthree
3 Newtons

I haven't heard about this yet. But are they making it so that illegal immigrants have to have the same minimum wage as the rest of us?

That would solve the "THOSE IMMIGRANTS ARE STEALING MY JOBS!" claims.

I am now off to hide in a parking lot somewhere. Maybe I'll see an illegal immigrant, ambush him, and take his job. Anyone wanna help?

Old Post 01-08-2004 10:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaqthree Click here to Send aaqthree a Private Message Find more posts by aaqthree Add aaqthree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

when we have a country with many unemployed people like we do, when we give those jobs to other seekers from other countries, it can easily be seen as taking jobs from americans. Suddenly, an entire new sect of people has come into the competitive economic world of america. It can be seen as tending to other's issues rather than our own, the same way going off to war in iraq is perceived as worrying about other countries' problems rather than solving our own problems.

i can see why people would say immigrants are stealing jobs from them. Even if they should all be better workers, etc. in order to get those jobs i think it is hard to avoid that claim because they are not part of the country, and then we run into the same problem about how we are helping others before ourselves, or just helping others in general instead of focusing on ourselves. A lot of people have a problem with it.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 01-09-2004 02:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaqthree
3 Newtons

I understand saying that illegal immigrants should not be in America in the first place to compete for jobs.

But to say they take American jobs is just stupid. They are hired. No one forces companies to hire illegal immigrants. But yeah, of course they're going to hire illegal immigrants if they're going to work for less money. The way to fix that is to make sure that even the illegal immigrants should be paid the same wages. There's really little reason for the Wal-marts to hire illegal immigrants instead of citizens unless they actually do the jobs better. In which case they should hire those workers, since the jobs would get done more efficiently.

Old Post 01-09-2004 04:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaqthree Click here to Send aaqthree a Private Message Find more posts by aaqthree Add aaqthree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
when we have a country with many unemployed people like we do, when we give those jobs to other seekers from other countries, it can easily be seen as taking jobs from americans. Suddenly, an entire new sect of people has come into the competitive economic world of america. It can be seen as tending to other's issues rather than our own, the same way going off to war in iraq is perceived as worrying about other countries' problems rather than solving our own problems.

i can see why people would say immigrants are stealing jobs from them. Even if they should all be better workers, etc. in order to get those jobs i think it is hard to avoid that claim because they are not part of the country, and then we run into the same problem about how we are helping others before ourselves, or just helping others in general instead of focusing on ourselves. A lot of people have a problem with it.

i'm sure many americans would love to work in the middle of a field on a hot day for 14 hours when being paid very little. i think most unemployed americans are going for more conventional jobs and they can't get them so they take it out on the illegal immigrants.

Old Post 01-12-2004 10:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote