Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Education > School Life > My limit...
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
j3ss

My limit...

My first marking period ended a little while ago.. and report cards came in. My father saw it, and he was disgusted at what he saw. The lowest grade on that report card was a 91, which was in precalc. He was so angry with me that he threatened to not pay for my college tuition. All I could do was just stand there and take the verbal abuse. I could see why he was mad, though. I am kind of a party girl, and I go out with my friends on weekends. I still take school seriously, and I don't get into any trouble. My father puts so much pressure on me to do well in school.. I get home around 5-6 staying after for clubs and community service. On top of that, because my parents are divorced, I get home and I have to make dinner for him and my brother.. Not always, but at least once a week.

Sometimes, I just feel so much pressure that I want to collapse.. give up. I have a feeling my father wants me to do well in high school- go to college, and get a good job in order to support him when he's older, and my brother. I feel like a tool built in order to pay for everything. I keep telling myself its not true.. but with all this pressure that he's putting on me, I keep doubting that its for my own sake and happiness. My father never noticed my limits. I've never really been good in math, but he keeps pushing me to that point. My limit. He doesn't see that I have limits. The limits where no matter how hard I try, I cannot break.. And the worst thing is, my father is the type of person that thinks he's always right, and blocks out everybody else's opinions and ideas. So I'll never get this message across to him.

I really don't know what I'm really asking for here.. Just some words of encourgement..? Thanks in advance.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-30-2004 11:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for j3ss Click here to Send j3ss a Private Message Find more posts by j3ss Add j3ss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiggaplease

This may or may not be encouraging, but I've gone through worse than that in high school

Old Post 12-04-2004 11:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kiggaplease Click here to Send kiggaplease a Private Message Find more posts by kiggaplease Add kiggaplease to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

sorry to hear that. It's amazing how much pressure parents put on kids these days but obviously it's no big surprise.

I really have no real advice for you other than to look forward to your future. Obviously you seem to have a bright future ahead of you. Finish h.s., go to college and have the time of your life there. Cuz thats where the real life experiences happen. Trust me. I know. I'm old.

Oh yeah. Your father threatening to take away your tuition.. is b.s. trust me. I know. I'm old.

Unless you truly f*ck up. d=)

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 12-06-2004 12:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

wow. your dad was mad at you for a 91? that's insane. even though life may suck right now, really, the only thing you can do is to keep slogging through these next few years. just remember not to give up on your family, because they obviously need you right now. don't worry though. things will probably get better once you're out on your own, because then you'll only have to worry about yourself and no one else. so don't fret - just keep your head up (listen to tupac!)

Old Post 01-21-2005 05:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
weed smoka

i did a lot worse than you when was in high school. and im not talking about 3.0 gpa worse. im talking about almost flunking high school bad

you'll see me on the food network 10-14 years from now

Old Post 03-07-2005 04:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for weed smoka Click here to Send weed smoka a Private Message Find more posts by weed smoka Add weed smoka to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garciaas
Real Model Artist

quote:
Originally posted by weed smoka
i did a lot worse than you when was in high school. and im not talking about 3.0 gpa worse. im talking about almost flunking high school bad

I'm not surprised that you almost flunked school. Most people on drugs do. Well at least ur user name gives me that impression!

Old Post 03-30-2005 08:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for garciaas Click here to Send garciaas a Private Message Visit garciaas's homepage! Find more posts by garciaas Add garciaas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garciaas
Real Model Artist

Re: My limit...

Sometimes, I just feel so much pressure that I want to collapse.. give up.

I know EXACTLY how you feel.... My advice? Just keep on keeping on!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The worst time to give up is when you feel like giving up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep that in mind and when ur successful, you'll remember me.

Old Post 03-30-2005 08:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for garciaas Click here to Send garciaas a Private Message Visit garciaas's homepage! Find more posts by garciaas Add garciaas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garciaas
Real Model Artist

[QUOTE]Originally posted by j3ss
[B]I get home and I have to make dinner for him and my brother.. Not always, but at least once a week.

To tell you, that's not bad. I have to make all THREE MEALS!!!!!!!!!! Breakfast, Lunch AND dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not only for myself but for my entire family which includes: My father (stepfather really), mother and my little brother.

Old Post 03-30-2005 08:12 PM
garciaas
Real Model Artist

[QUOTE
I have a feeling my father wants me to do well in high school- go to college, and get a good job in order to support him when he's older, and my brother. QUOTE]

So tell me, which father WOULDN'T want that?

Old Post 03-30-2005 08:13 PM
garciaas
Real Model Artist

quote:
Originally posted by j3ss

. My father never noticed my limits. I've never really been good in math, but he keeps pushing me to that point. My limit. He doesn't see that I have limits. The limits where no matter how hard I try, I cannot break.. And the worst thing is, my father is the type of person that thinks he's always right, and blocks out everybody else's opinions and ideas. So I'll never get this message across to him.

My dad is EXACTLY that way. He never notices my limits!!!!
:

He pushes them soooooooooo far that I have to cry sometimes. Yeah. I know what you're talking about when you say you're dad is the type that he thinks he's always right. That's my dad right there! To tell you the truth in my situation though, most of the times he IS!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 03-30-2005 08:17 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

Re: Re: My limit...

quote:
Originally posted by garciaas
He pushes them soooooooooo far that I have to cry sometimes. Yeah. I know what you're talking about when you say you're dad is the type that he thinks he's always right. That's my dad right there! To tell you the truth in my situation though, most of the times he IS!!!!!!!!!!!

when it comes to a situation with you, usually the other person is right it seems.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 03-31-2005 05:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garciaas
Real Model Artist

Re: Re: Re: My limit...

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
when it comes to a situation with you, usually the other person is right it seems.

That's only if the situation is between my mom and I or my dad and I. With my peers, more than 95% of the time I'm the right one!

Old Post 03-31-2005 02:03 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

98% of statistics are made up, and if you made it up, i am thinking the probability tends to 1.

-Cromwell

Old Post 03-31-2005 07:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garciaas
Real Model Artist

quote:
98% of statistics are made up, and if you made it up, i am thinking the probability tends to 1.

What I said was true. I don't expect "psycho" to believe me.

Old Post 04-01-2005 02:51 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

really, your ability to precisely quantify reality is top notch then. (YEAH!!! it sure is!!)

-Cromwell

Old Post 04-01-2005 05:38 PM
garciaas
Real Model Artist

quote:
really, your ability to precisely quantify reality is top notch then. (YEAH!!! it sure is!!)

What I was really saying was that crazy people don't know any better. They don't know what to believe.....

Old Post 04-01-2005 06:41 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
What I was really saying was that crazy people don't know any better. They don't know what to believe.....

Wow, prejudice against brown people, prejudice against the mentally different. Crazy people don't "know any better." I recommend you read into mental health a little, your opinions about normativity is gross.

-Cromwell

Old Post 04-22-2005 04:50 AM
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:

What is that supposed to mean? Crazy people don't know any better? Listen, I bet the average "crazy" person knows a hell of a lot more than you. Exactly how many "crazy" people have you encountered?

Imagine trying to concentrate in school (tough thing to do I expect) now imagine that while you're at school someone named Pike starts killing someone in your class. It's probably a bit more difficult than what you're used to.

True story, I've actually encountered someone who has to deal with these kinds of hallucinations.

As for "crazy" people not knowing any better, imagine having fears which are enforced by anxiety attacks caused by chemical reactions in your body. Guess what? Many people in this modern age are able to deal with this without having their belief systems in jeopardy. Now as for you, I'm guessing you don't even have that handicap to fall back on and yet you still can't step to Mark Summers or that guy who got kicked out of college for waking up at 4AM to take 3 hour showers. (If you don't understand, I'm talking about your prejudiced and warped views on reality.)

Old Post 04-22-2005 05:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garciaas
Real Model Artist

quote:
Wow, prejudice against brown people, prejudice against the mentally different. Crazy people don't "know any better." I recommend you read into mental health a little, your opinions about normativity is gross.

Just because I had stated that crazy people don't know any better doesn't necessarily means that I'm predujice against the mentally different! You're actually forcing you're conclusions to fit your view of what you think I'm saying.

Old Post 04-22-2005 10:57 PM
garciaas
Real Model Artist

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alchemist
[B]What is that supposed to mean? Crazy people don't know any better? Listen, I bet the average "crazy" person knows a hell of a lot more than you. Exactly how many "crazy" people have you encountered?

To make the list look short: a TRUCKLOAD!

Old Post 04-22-2005 10:59 PM