Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Cars > I know what I want now.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Prototype

I know what I want now.

as soon as I can find a good one for a reasonable price [in my area]

I want a;

68 Buick GS or a 70 Buick GS

Either way i'm going to put a 455ci v8 Stage 1 motor in it [70 buick GS came stock with it]

mods;

Motor: 455ci Buick v8 Stage 1
Tranny: 4 Speed Manual
Rear End: 10 Bolt Posi [for all your burnout needs]
Intake: Definately a hood scoop :P I'll look more into it
Exhaust: Twin Turbo[are turbos part of the intake or exhaust..] :D and a straightpipe. [less backpressure]
Wheels: Chrome 15 inchers :P I'll try and get hard rubber racing slicks too.
Seats: Bucket, with 4 point belts.

Thoughts;

Turbos: 1 or 2? Is it worth the cost of 2? and I would need to get turbo timers also :P

Intercooler yes or no? I'm not sure about the practicality of one. The engine wont be pushed hard for more than 10 seconds [when it matters.] and it definately wont be taken into high rpm's.

BOV or Wastegate: I'd lean hard torwards BOV just because of that orgasmic sound it makes.

Supercharger: Alot more practical for a drag car than a turbo because you dont have any turbo lag :P I'd try and get a positive displacement one too. I'd get quicker response than a centifugal one, especially at low rpm's.

Larger Cylinders: Increasing the bore and stroke for higher displacement :P I'd rather increase the bore [I think it's cheaper?]

Compression Ratio: Hopefully it'll be between 10-11:1, anything higher and I'd waste all my money on premium gas -_-; especially with a 455ci v8

Exhaust: Dual exhaust, 2 exhaust and 2 intake valves per cylinder, and headers [anything else I'm missing?]

Weight Reduction: CF/Fiberglass, is it worth it? what the hell could I possibly take off a buick GS to make it lighter -_-;

Fuel Injection: I'm not sure how this works [not fuel injection itself] but how to make a buick GS 455ci v8 fuel injected. Is it even possible? or would I have to buy a newer engine

Nitrous Systems: For wetworks I would need fuel injection wouldnt I -_-; fuck. Hm. if I did run nitrous, I wouldnt need to worry about an intercooler though.... Hm. Hopefully carb nitrous plates are cheap :P god a 200 shot of nitrous would be a sexy addition to my beast.

anyways, post your.. comments/suggestions. or make fun of me if I got anything horribly wrong.
[do give me a little leeway though. it's 5:44 in the fuckin morning]

I keep editing and adding on more.

Last edited by Prototype on 05-09-2002 at 08:33 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-09-2002 02:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Prototype Click here to Send Prototype a Private Message Visit Prototype's homepage! Find more posts by Prototype Add Prototype to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

actually..
hm

I think I might want a 1970 Chevrolet 454 LS6, instead of the 1970 Buick 455 Stage 1. :P

Old Post 05-09-2002 05:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Prototype Click here to Send Prototype a Private Message Visit Prototype's homepage! Find more posts by Prototype Add Prototype to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

Btw, if you know anything about turbo's, could ya IM me? my sn is secksinamja :P

Old Post 05-09-2002 07:41 AM
sangxjin

DUDE...that would be an awesome sleeper...some rice boys could rev at you thinking ur some loser and when u smoke them they will probably cry...

BTW..

go with the twin turbo...not sure about the Nitrous..

compression ratio is perfect..so u wont need anything other than pump gas..

hmm..dont forget a huge fmic..the old turbo volvos have pretty big ones..

If u really need nitrous use it only to get rid of turbo lag and before your turbo spools up..

just my opinion..

Props To Huby

Old Post 05-09-2002 10:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

thats what the supercharger would be for :P although a 200lbs of boost would be a nice addition for torque :P

and yeah, I'm not sure how much of a sleeper it would be though.. with custom headers and a v8, it's bound to be choppy as hell.. and if I can up the displacement.. that'll only get worse :P

I will be able to do wheelstands though. :D

[edit]

btw, a 1970 buick GS 455 is a 13 second car out of the crate.

This would easily be a 10 second car.
[especially with slicks]

Last edited by Prototype on 05-09-2002 at 10:10 AM

Old Post 05-09-2002 10:08 AM
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

are you talking about drag slicks or racing slicks? wouldnt matter though, they both will burden you financially cause slicks dont last that long as radials. [only if your gonna race on occasion].

Old Post 05-09-2002 12:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for volcom strider Click here to Send volcom strider a Private Message Find more posts by volcom strider Add volcom strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

drag slicks.

and yeah, I'm gonna go through tires fast [ie burnouts]

Old Post 05-09-2002 04:05 PM
Prototype

Okay I just thought about it more;

Twin turbo, a small one and a large one;

No turbo lag, and higher peak power because I can get a huge turbo :P

I think that might be the way to go.

Old Post 05-09-2002 07:16 PM