Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > Music > What was your first impressions of k-pop?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
annabanana
Food Moderator

What was your first impressions of k-pop?

When you heard/saw k-pop music for the first time, what were your first impressions?

Baby VOX "Get Up" was the first k-pop song that got me interested and hooked on k-pop. It was till a long time later that i actually saw what they all looked like that i was completely in love with Baby VOX.

"Yo!" from Shinhwa was the first Shinhwa song I heard. It wasn't till "Hey Come On!" that Shinhwa became my new favorite group. Although, when I first saw who they were, I thought that Shinhwa was like an SES kinda thing, where in SES, one of the girls is from Japan? well, for shinhwa, i thought HyeSung was a great singer but was chinese; Minwoo was so cute and charming, and DongWon was a non-asian looking tanned white, latino guy. I also thought that Eric and JunJin looked too much like gangsters, and for Andy? when I heard about how he was picked to be in HOT, but then later joined Shinhwa, I thought Andy had the most talent, but i didn't really see anything too impressive with him.

I didn't like Boa for a while, even though I never knew who she was or saw any of her performances. The first I saw of BoA wasn't til "Expressing My Feelings." After that, I thought BoA was really good and now I like Boa a lot.

What were some of your first impressions of artists?

Last edited by annabanana on 07-07-2002 at 10:06 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-07-2002 09:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for annabanana Click here to Send annabanana a Private Message Find more posts by annabanana Add annabanana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAIgrr
MM caramel FRAP! =P

lol.. the FIRST kpop song i heard was h.o.t's- CANDY
very first kpop song.
and i hella loved it.. like i memorized all the lyrics with my friends and we'd always sing it.

Old Post 07-07-2002 10:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAIgrr Click here to Send TAIgrr a Private Message Find more posts by TAIgrr Add TAIgrr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

i thought it was happy haha

Old Post 07-08-2002 05:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kRypTic_nABi
nohl jah q(-_-)p

when i read da subject..i thought u meant as in da group k-pop..
da group k-pop - thought they needed a more original name.
and woo bin acts/talks so much like a girl..but he sure does have
a guy sounding singing voice..he juss seems bakla-ish [sp]

da first k-pop song i heard was seo tae ji boys .. nahn AhRaYo

Old Post 07-08-2002 06:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kRypTic_nABi Click here to Send kRypTic_nABi a Private Message Find more posts by kRypTic_nABi Add kRypTic_nABi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAIgrr
MM caramel FRAP! =P

quote:
Originally posted by kRypTic_nABi
and woo bin acts/talks so much like a girl..

hmm.. just thought i'd let you know..
his name "YOO bin"

Old Post 07-08-2002 11:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAIgrr Click here to Send TAIgrr a Private Message Find more posts by TAIgrr Add TAIgrr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

I thought I saw Won Bin and I was like... what??? won bin sings??? :omg:

anyways, the very very first k-pop song that I heard was SES "Dreams come true"... It was really good. I liked the beat... but it's kinda old now. Can you believe it wasn't HOT??? I can't!!! Then I heard "Dear Mother" or something like that from GOD. It was also really good. I really liked the rapping... Then HOT "The promise of HOT"... I loved that ballad and that was the very first korean song that I memorized!!! I fell in love with HOT!!! Their dancing, style, songs... And Hee Jun!

Old Post 07-08-2002 11:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hip hOp Yu Ja

well... wen i first heard k-pOp i wuz dinkin of lyk krn Britney Spearz stuph... N dat wOrd styll remyndz meeh of dat kinda "pOp" myOosic... shO iOno if ish juz meeh but i refer 2 mai kOrean myOosic az "K-Hip hOp" =) k-pOp juz sOundz tOo kOrny 2 meeh... N i dOnt mean it offensively! smilez*

"Me I'm into being like #1 Korean, I represent the Seoul and every yellow human being" ... DT...

Old Post 07-08-2002 11:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for hip hOp Yu Ja Click here to Send hip hOp Yu Ja a Private Message Find more posts by hip hOp Yu Ja Add hip hOp Yu Ja to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WhiteLee
"Oh we totally have to."

First song was Shinhwa's "Just to be with you" and my first impression was how americanized it was. My mouth and eyes kinda went like this: and also :sad: and then finally,

"Before and After" Ayumi Hamasaki

Old Post 07-09-2002 02:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteLee Click here to Send WhiteLee a Private Message Visit WhiteLee's homepage! Find more posts by WhiteLee Add WhiteLee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kRypTic_nABi
nohl jah q(-_-)p

quote:
Originally posted by TAIgrr

hmm.. just thought i'd let you know..
his name "YOO bin"

deres goes mah konglish for ya

Old Post 07-09-2002 05:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kRypTic_nABi Click here to Send kRypTic_nABi a Private Message Find more posts by kRypTic_nABi Add kRypTic_nABi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

quote:
Originally posted by WhiteLee
First song was Shinhwa's "Just to be with you" and my first impression was how americanized it was. My mouth and eyes kinda went like this: and also :sad: and then finally,

haha! that wuz mai impression of shinhwa wit their hey come on and wild eyes.

mai very first kpop song wuzn't realli kpop actualli...it wuz mai first intro to AZN music...it wuz yoo seung jun and yuki hsu's can't wait. the moment i heard it, i fell in love wit azn music. i wuz gettin tired of poppy groups in america, so i started listening to azn hiphop/pop (i thot azn pop wuz cooler than american pop cuz those pplz looked like me! ) i LUVED yoo seung jun (and yuki, but thaz cpop) and then mai krn frend got me hooked on h.o.t. and diva. i thot krn music wuz soooo cool! and i still do
that wuz onli about a year ago...seems like i've been listenin to this stuff forever cuz i noe more bout krn pop culture than mai krn frenz

Old Post 07-09-2002 07:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KangtaIsMyPuppy
*Huggles Jaewon*

My first KPOP song was SES's Dreams Come True, and I was thinking, 'Wow, how cute and catchy! I love this!' So my friend taught me about them, but that was the last of KPOP for me for a while, because at the time, I was REALLLY into JPOP! I'd say about 2 years later, I was downloading random asian music from an MP3 mailing list I was subscribed to...to hear new artists. I stumbled on to one called 'All Your Dreams' by Shinhwa. I heard it, and I flipped. I was like, 'OH MY GOD, THIS SOUNDS SOOOO COOL!!!' Etc, etc. All my friends heard and they all flipped, and we all loved it. Then I saw what they looked like, (Phew O.O;; Good-looking lol) researched them, and then I heard about another group, H.O.T., that was supposed better than Shinhwa. I was like, 'Who could be better than Shinhwa?!' so I looked them up on Kazaa, and downloaded one of H.O.T.'s songs that I thought had a cool name. Outside Castle. You can imagine I went KPOP crazy from there....
H.O.T is my most favorite group ever. And they make Shinhwa look fluffy. ^^
But I get made fun of for liking KPOP, since I'm white :/

But, now that I have touched
the sky....
I miss the ground.
Because all my loves
and dreams....
are there."

Old Post 07-16-2002 05:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KangtaIsMyPuppy Click here to Send KangtaIsMyPuppy a Private Message Visit KangtaIsMyPuppy's homepage! Find more posts by KangtaIsMyPuppy Add KangtaIsMyPuppy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cLickB4eVeRZ

that kimgunmo song chingo or something like that it was good
but i wasnt really into music [anytype] my fisrt cd was yooseungjun [still not really into the music thing including americas] but i met clickb still not clickb 2nd still not clickb 3rd YEA then i started getting alot of cds some from a while back. gotta admit baekjunmoophae is good song. it was their #1 hit

#hosuk#
::minhyuk::
~hyungon~
+sanghyuk+

Old Post 07-21-2002 09:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cLickB4eVeRZ Click here to Send cLickB4eVeRZ a Private Message Visit cLickB4eVeRZ's homepage! Find more posts by cLickB4eVeRZ Add cLickB4eVeRZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pukkatukka

me

k-pop is really catchy. i enjoyed listening to it. although, it seems that if you listen to one song toooo much you can get sick of it easily.

Old Post 07-22-2002 04:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pukkatukka Click here to Send pukkatukka a Private Message Find more posts by pukkatukka Add pukkatukka to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote