Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > Music > CD Reviews > Boa 2: No.1 Always...
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Babu2002

Thumbs up Boa 2nd Album (No.1)

Boa's definitely a good singer with a talented voice, since she is still younger in her pre-teens. I lo~ve her albums, dey are so~ adorable...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-04-2002 06:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Babu2002 Click here to Send Babu2002 a Private Message Find more posts by Babu2002 Add Babu2002 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WhiteLee
"Oh we totally have to."

Man...I thought all her songs resembled some other one I'd heard before.
some of 'em sounded too Britney-ish.
And...she can't sing ballad very well...her voice is soft then forced...soft...then forced...it doesn't sound all that graceful, the transition at least.
The pop songs were good. I liked No. 1...now it's stuck in my head.
I like her Japanese singles still tho.
This album was good, but I still have her old 1st album toons stuck in my head.
I have a feeling this one is gonna take a while to get addicted to.

"Before and After" Ayumi Hamasaki

Old Post 05-04-2002 02:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteLee Click here to Send WhiteLee a Private Message Visit WhiteLee's homepage! Find more posts by WhiteLee Add WhiteLee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

her songs get old really fast for me

Old Post 05-04-2002 03:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

Re: Boa 2nd Album (No.1)

quote:
Originally posted by Babu2002
Boa's definitely a good singer with a talented voice, since she is still younger in her pre-teens. I lo~ve her albums, dey are so~ adorable...

Don't wanna sound offensive or something, but can you go more in depth about the cd?

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Last edited by Crazydeb8ter on 05-06-2002 at 08:24 AM

Old Post 05-04-2002 03:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micron
all i need is a miracle

yes. please dont just say.. "wow. i like this album"

Old Post 05-06-2002 12:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

she really matured ALOT, her voice got alot better and song quality has improved. when i first saw her i thought to myself, girls like her should be in SCHOOL! but i changed my mind now..

Props To Huby

Old Post 05-08-2002 10:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

quote:
Originally posted by jusunlee
yes. please dont just say.. "wow. i like this album"

haha if you want an example you could look at mine... i did like each song... but i think i do it differently (even tho.. my review sucks.haha sorry).... cuz i remember seeing some album reviews and they were just in general... about the whole mood/atmosphere of the songs on the album....yea i just saw 2 lines and went... uhh..... gee what a great review...

hmm... i actually like boa now..... but seeing some of the opinions on the album... i think i'm not going to buy the cd.....

oh white lee.... do you know who else's songs sound kinda britney ish? Shinwha's "prefect man" ..... what is that a remix of? i have a feeling it's a remix right?

Old Post 05-13-2002 04:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

i thot boa's no 1 wuz a realli good cd. i hav all of her cd's and they're all good. i still remember the old days like id peace b and sara and stuff and then her japanese ones...a lot of pplz say her songs all sound the same, but at least they sound good

Old Post 05-14-2002 01:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Babu2002

If you like Boa's Sara and IDPeace Boa, you will enjoy this new cd from her... Her voice sounds more energetic, because she has matured over the last few months, etc. KangTa composed two of her songs, and she has been ranking 1st in Gayo this past week... Her feature songs from the album (which is mostly pop and R&B style) is Listen to My Heart and No.1~

Old Post 05-15-2002 06:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Babu2002 Click here to Send Babu2002 a Private Message Find more posts by Babu2002 Add Babu2002 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
junjinluber33

my friend burned the cd and im listening to it rite now... No.1 is like the best song on there. and yea... she doesnt really sound too good when she sings slow/ballad songs. she should stick w/ the fast beats n stuff~ buh im kinda disappointed... cds not that good as her other ones...

click^ leave a msg in my chatter box!

team3 biotch! its da group blog

Old Post 05-16-2002 02:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for junjinluber33 Click here to Send junjinluber33 a Private Message Visit junjinluber33's homepage! Find more posts by junjinluber33 Add junjinluber33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Babu2002

Datz cool... I have her CD, but I dun listen to her a lot, cuz I'm like 22... I prefer Koyotae or Space A... but all in all, BoA 2nd Album is a good one to get...~

Old Post 05-17-2002 11:04 AM
Street RSX

i give cd 4.5 out of 5, i liked it alot.
I'll write my opinions on each song:

1. No. 1 - Nice song, her usual types of songs. She has fast parts then she slows down... yea, that type of song.
2. My Sweetie - i like the chorus, she sounds really cute.
3. Waiting - Slow song, sounds like something Jang NaRa wouldve sang better, but i like the lyrics.
4. Tragic - another fast paced, dance type song, this song is ok... sings too much in English, she sounds weird when she says it.
5. Shy Love - A cute song. She sings kinda low, in some parts, sounds weird.
6. Day - ok song... doesn't sound like her type of song though. Never expected her to sing to a beat like this.
7. Dear My Love - A Slow Song. Kinda sounds like a song Jang Nara sang in her album.
8. Baet It! - This is the type of Boa's song, fast dance beat type.
9. Power Of Love - the background beat sounds like one one of Usher's old songs. song where she shows off her vocal talents.
10. My Genie - My favorite slow song on this album, really nice song.
11. Pain-Love - fast beat dance type, but doesn't sound like a song Boa would've sang.
12. Happiness Lies - dance beat song but not really that fast, pretty cool song thogh. Can't understand wuht she's saying in English.
13. Realize - A beat slow, but Boa RAPS!, wierd but she sounds pretty cool.
14. Azelea - Slow Song, sounds really nice, especially the last minut of the song.
15. Listen o My Heart - (Translated Song), originally Japanese, but the chorus is Extremely annoying, and the Japanese to Korean translation, doesn't go right with the beat, I think it shouldve stayed a Japanese Song.

OK, that's the cd rundown, i personally really like this cd, n i hope more people likes this cd as much as i do.

Old Post 05-19-2002 06:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

quote:
Originally posted by Street RSX
i give cd 4.5 out of 5, i liked it alot.
I'll write my opinions on each song:

1. No. 1 - Nice song, her usual types of songs. She has fast parts then she slows down... yea, that type of song.
2. My Sweetie - i like the chorus, she sounds really cute.
3. Waiting - Slow song, sounds like something Jang NaRa wouldve sang better, but i like the lyrics.
4. Tragic - another fast paced, dance type song, this song is ok... sings too much in English, she sounds weird when she says it.
5. Shy Love - A cute song. She sings kinda low, in some parts, sounds weird.
6. Day - ok song... doesn't sound like her type of song though. Never expected her to sing to a beat like this.
7. Dear My Love - A Slow Song. Kinda sounds like a song Jang Nara sang in her album.
8. Baet It! - This is the type of Boa's song, fast dance beat type.
9. Power Of Love - the background beat sounds like one one of Usher's old songs. song where she shows off her vocal talents.
10. My Genie - My favorite slow song on this album, really nice song.
11. Pain-Love - fast beat dance type, but doesn't sound like a song Boa would've sang.
12. Happiness Lies - dance beat song but not really that fast, pretty cool song thogh. Can't understand wuht she's saying in English.
13. Realize - A beat slow, but Boa RAPS!, wierd but she sounds pretty cool.
14. Azelea - Slow Song, sounds really nice, especially the last minut of the song.
15. Listen o My Heart - (Translated Song), originally Japanese, but the chorus is Extremely annoying, and the Japanese to Korean translation, doesn't go right with the beat, I think it shouldve stayed a Japanese Song.

OK, that's the cd rundown, i personally really like this cd, n i hope more people likes this cd as much as i do.

nice review.... i'm not going to buy this one... just burn it.... haha... a lot of the songs....you said she sounds weird

Old Post 05-19-2002 12:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Babu2002

Yeah, good idea. Other recommendations are FinKL and PakJiYoon... They are also good dancers/performers on stage as well as live like BoA.

Old Post 05-21-2002 06:41 AM
cLickB4eVeRZ

her no.1 song sorta reminds me of the jungle king or lion king...but still its a good song (without the lion king backround music)

#hosuk#
::minhyuk::
~hyungon~
+sanghyuk+

Old Post 05-28-2002 10:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cLickB4eVeRZ Click here to Send cLickB4eVeRZ a Private Message Visit cLickB4eVeRZ's homepage! Find more posts by cLickB4eVeRZ Add cLickB4eVeRZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Yupkki MEL

its ok...it sounds too britney tho...

Old Post 06-04-2002 04:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Yupkki MEL Find more posts by Yupkki MEL Add Yupkki MEL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigChubuff

this album is a must download
puhah

Old Post 06-18-2002 11:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigChubuff Click here to Send bigChubuff a Private Message Find more posts by bigChubuff Add bigChubuff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MC ChOpStiCkz
gone

yes i agree d albums sound more like brittney style
she really can't sing ballads or speak other languages very well like english

Old Post 06-22-2002 09:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MC ChOpStiCkz Click here to Send MC ChOpStiCkz a Private Message Visit MC ChOpStiCkz's homepage! Find more posts by MC ChOpStiCkz Add MC ChOpStiCkz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote