Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Technology > os help!!! -.-'
which os?
This poll is closed.
win2k 4 33.33%
xp 8 66.67%
Total: 12 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

quote:
Originally posted by AznTiger
wow you actually installed all that?!?! the most thing i installed was ME, 2000, and linux. haha. 98 SE used to be my favorite os because it was plain and simple. now i like xp and 2000.

yep, i had all the time in the world... came home at 2:25 and stayed home till i went to bed. yeah, i liked 98 too... when it was runnin on my 333mhz computer. but really, install 2000 if you dont want ur memory to be hogged. xp is for "decoration and showoff"

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-10-2003 02:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for YaaMaKoh Click here to Send YaaMaKoh a Private Message Visit YaaMaKoh's homepage! Find more posts by YaaMaKoh Add YaaMaKoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

quote:
wow you actually installed all that?!?! the most thing i installed was ME, 2000, and linux. haha. 98 SE used to be my favorite os because it was plain and simple. now i like xp and 2000.

which variant of linux was it? i've had a hard time trying to dual boot 2k and linux. what are your partitions split into? and how much does each space get? and..did you use a boot loader?

Props To Huby

Old Post 03-10-2003 11:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

quote:
Originally posted by sangxjin
which variant of linux was it? i've had a hard time trying to dual boot 2k and linux. what are your partitions split into? and how much does each space get? and..did you use a boot loader?

hah, i dont think he knows what hes talking about.

sang get partition magic 7, i set up mandrake and xp with that.

Old Post 03-11-2003 12:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

quote:
Originally posted by AjY 2k
hah, i dont think he knows what hes talking about.

sang get partition magic 7, i set up mandrake and xp with that.

thanks andrew.
i haven't tried partition magic yet. Maybe because linux wont install on NTFS partitions. anyway, i want to try the new red hat. the GUI looks really clean and neat.

Props To Huby

Old Post 03-11-2003 02:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AznTiger
An Azn Boy

i used redhat. i used fdisk to partition my hd. i have a 80gb and a 40gb hd. i split my 80 to 15 and 75. 40 -10 and 30gb. i used my 40 as a linux os.

Old Post 03-12-2003 12:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AznTiger Click here to Send AznTiger a Private Message Find more posts by AznTiger Add AznTiger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

If you dual boot 2k and Linux, install the Linux second so you can use LILO boot loader.

Old Post 03-12-2003 12:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for requiem Click here to Send requiem a Private Message Find more posts by requiem Add requiem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

quote:
Originally posted by requiem
If you dual boot 2k and Linux, install the Linux second so you can use LILO boot loader.

yeah thats what i've heard you should do also. it gets rid of complications. grub and Syslinux seem like good alternatives to Lilo. i've been wanting to mess around with FreeBSD. never find the time too.

azntiger..thats quite alot of space you gave for your linux os. i mean if you're using it just to play around with it that is. if your running a server then thats a different story.

Props To Huby

Old Post 03-12-2003 11:31 AM
kryogenix
Ghost

Re: os help!!! -.-'

quote:
i'm having a hard time deciding which os to use. its either i go for win2k pro or xp pro. err so hard. help.

I guess i'll go with XP. The funny thing is, XP has this great remote feature where tech support can control your computer and fix the problem, yet XP also boasts that there won't be many bugs and errors. So, your getting something you might not need.

Old Post 03-12-2003 08:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

heh, im back on windows 2000.
xp got a virus so i formatted... so far 2000 is running smooth...

Old Post 03-14-2003 03:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for YaaMaKoh Click here to Send YaaMaKoh a Private Message Visit YaaMaKoh's homepage! Find more posts by YaaMaKoh Add YaaMaKoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AznTiger
An Azn Boy

quote:
Originally posted by YaaMaKoh
heh, im back on windows 2000.
xp got a virus so i formatted... so far 2000 is running smooth...

lol tight. i wonder if longhorn is gonna be better than xp. they better improve it because there are lots of bugs in that xp.

Old Post 03-14-2003 04:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AznTiger Click here to Send AznTiger a Private Message Find more posts by AznTiger Add AznTiger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ahny
Rachmanioff

Thumbs up

WOOT i know 2k would work out... XP isnt worked out yet i say give it a year and it will be bug free just like 2k.

Old Post 03-14-2003 05:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ahny Click here to Send Ahny a Private Message Visit Ahny's homepage! Find more posts by Ahny Add Ahny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

quote:
lol tight. i wonder if longhorn is gonna be better than xp. they better improve it because there are lots of bugs in that xp.

i managed to dig up the alpha build of windows longhorn. very unstable but..bootable.

Props To Huby

Old Post 03-14-2003 11:26 AM
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

quote:
i managed to dig up the alpha build of windows longhorn. very unstable but..bootable.

lol

Old Post 03-14-2003 02:21 PM
AznTiger
An Azn Boy

quote:

cool. so hows the design and the things in it? powerful? or still weak? they should combine win2k and xp together. haha did anyone where they combined win and linux together? its so funny.

Old Post 03-15-2003 12:28 AM
sangxjin

quote:
cool. so hows the design and the things in it? powerful? or still weak? they should combine win2k and xp together. haha did anyone where they combined win and linux together? its so funny.

looks identical to xp but more features. if you ask me its targeted for idiots that cant use the computer. everything is in your face and crowds the screen. the features may be cool but most of us may find it not neccessary. its hard to say because its still in the alpha stages. btw. it was called lindows. the cheap alternative to an operating system. i dont think it was ever succesfull. kmart sells cheap pcs that use the lindows os.

Props To Huby

Old Post 03-15-2003 01:45 AM
AznTiger
An Azn Boy

quote:
looks identical to xp but more features. if you ask me its targeted for idiots that cant use the computer. everything is in your face and crowds the screen. the features may be cool but most of us may find it not neccessary. its hard to say because its still in the alpha stages.

so your saying the longhorn isnt that good to pros?

Old Post 03-15-2003 10:33 PM