Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Technology > os help!!! -.-'
which os?
This poll is closed.
win2k 4 33.33%
xp 8 66.67%
Total: 12 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
AznTiger
An Azn Boy

os help!!! -.-'

i'm having a hard time deciding which os to use. its either i go for win2k pro or xp pro. err so hard. help.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-06-2003 12:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AznTiger Click here to Send AznTiger a Private Message Find more posts by AznTiger Add AznTiger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

give me your system specs.

Props To Huby

Old Post 03-06-2003 02:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

2k and xp use the same kernel, xp has more options, easier for updating new hardware, and drivers. 2k is more stable. i say go with xp.

Old Post 03-06-2003 02:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
|vaSh|
And wheeeeeeeee

xp is also a ram hog. So 2k is better unless you want the xps look.

Old Post 03-06-2003 03:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for |vaSh| Click here to Send |vaSh| a Private Message Find more posts by |vaSh| Add |vaSh| to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AznTiger
An Azn Boy

specs:
p4 1.7
512 rdram
120gb hard drive (not raided)
geforce 4 ti4200

and i dont care much about the look its just i dunno which 1 i should pick. its like i wanna get with the program and go for the newest things or stay with the old fashion yet still good software.

Old Post 03-06-2003 03:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AznTiger Click here to Send AznTiger a Private Message Find more posts by AznTiger Add AznTiger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

With specs like that go with XP - I mean - it's probably free for you anyway so why the hell not.

Old Post 03-06-2003 04:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for requiem Click here to Send requiem a Private Message Find more posts by requiem Add requiem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

xp.
so much easier to use, with many more options.
drivers installed automatically, and to me its more stable, but it does tend to restart by itself a lot if ur computer is slow. i say at least 256 ram to get it up and running pretty smooth.

Old Post 03-07-2003 12:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for YaaMaKoh Click here to Send YaaMaKoh a Private Message Visit YaaMaKoh's homepage! Find more posts by YaaMaKoh Add YaaMaKoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ahny
Rachmanioff

Win 2k is the most stable definitely... XP takes up so much freakin ram your FPS on Games such as Counter Strike would SUCK!!
2k > xP

Old Post 03-07-2003 01:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ahny Click here to Send Ahny a Private Message Visit Ahny's homepage! Find more posts by Ahny Add Ahny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

quote:
Originally posted by Ahny
Win 2k is the most stable definitely... XP takes up so much freakin ram your FPS on Games such as Counter Strike would SUCK!!
2k > xP

no.. what r u talking about? i get locked on 85 fps all the time. nvidia users have to install the refresh rate fix to get optimal gaming performance. without the rate fix, i would be getting like 60. and on the benchmarks, xp rated higher for gaming performance than 98 and 2k.

Old Post 03-07-2003 03:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for YaaMaKoh Click here to Send YaaMaKoh a Private Message Visit YaaMaKoh's homepage! Find more posts by YaaMaKoh Add YaaMaKoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AznTiger
An Azn Boy

thanks for your opinions. i really appretiate it. you see i have to struggle through this to see which one i want!! errr. maybe i should go for linux? but they dont support game that much huh. hey anyone know a lot about linux?

Old Post 03-08-2003 12:51 AM
ajy

quote:
Originally posted by AznTiger
thanks for your opinions. i really appretiate it. you see i have to struggle through this to see which one i want!! errr. maybe i should go for linux? but they dont support game that much huh. hey anyone know a lot about linux?

my suggestion for you. stay as far away from linux as you can. not because it isnt the best os out there, because you wont know what the hell you are doing. seriously, until you read tutorials, among other things, dont even try it. for you, stick with xp and its pretty colors.

Old Post 03-08-2003 01:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

lol xP rules!!!! i made my windows silver and i got a program that makes my idle windows transparent!!! yay!!111

Old Post 03-08-2003 03:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Click here to Send .aS.|5p!7f!|23 a Private Message Find more posts by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Add .aS.|5p!7f!|23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AznTiger
An Azn Boy

i already know how to use linux. im just saying that if it is good to go for linux if you know about it.

Old Post 03-08-2003 03:45 AM
Drunken Master
Umm... Yeah...

Bah, XP....

Like many others said, it's not as stable as Win2k and a memory hog.

You can go with XP if you want the flashy desktop, but if it's stablility your going for, win2k is the one you want to go with.

About drivers, it's not good to just rely on the drivers that XP or 2k load on your computer. Always update and download the drivers from the manufacturer's website. That way, you get the maximum preformance from your hardware (unless they screwed up badly).

Old Post 03-08-2003 04:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Drunken Master Click here to Send Drunken Master a Private Message Find more posts by Drunken Master Add Drunken Master to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ahny
Rachmanioff

quote:
Originally posted by YaaMaKoh
no.. what r u talking about? i get locked on 85 fps all the time. nvidia users have to install the refresh rate fix to get optimal gaming performance. without the rate fix, i would be getting like 60. and on the benchmarks, xp rated higher for gaming performance than 98 and 2k.

Thats only if you have a fast computer bro. ... You need the ram and ish which i def dont have but if you do go right ahead for XP.. I still think XP is just Win2k but with better looks.. Also it does alot of things for you compared to Win2k.. XP= Newbie

Old Post 03-08-2003 02:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ahny Click here to Send Ahny a Private Message Visit Ahny's homepage! Find more posts by Ahny Add Ahny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

quote:
Originally posted by AznTiger
i already know how to use linux. im just saying that if it is good to go for linux if you know about it.

really. i doubt that. what mod of it do you use.

Old Post 03-08-2003 02:26 PM
AznTiger
An Azn Boy

ha! dont worry about me. i know a lot more linux than you think.

Old Post 03-08-2003 10:31 PM
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

before like 5 months ago i got bored, so i installed windows 98, 2000, and xp on my computer and used it for 1-2 weeks each to see which ones better.
my computer was running on 2.0ghz, 256ddr ram, geforce 4ti. 98 sucks ASS, i think it works better for slower computers, cause the drivers for my computer were too new for it to handle. plus it took nearly 20-40 mins to get it up and running with all drivers instlaled, and it still worked like shit.

now, for windows 2000, it was good. it was stable, rarely crashed, but i had some problems installing programs that requires 98 and shit. and older games "need for speed 2" woudln't install. i liked it.

windows xp: i say is the easiest to use, with pretty interface. installs drivers automatically for you, its soo nice. drivers took less than 3 mins to install compared to 98. i dunno, it feels like xp runs faster than those two other os. but is such a memory hog. xp installs much more programs and when i tried, need for speed two actually worked, but it was a little buggy. im still running xp cause i like it the best out of all of them, but im noticing a "Slow down" in my computers performance. o man.. whatever, ill just buy more ram.

so yeah, overall id rather prefer windows 2000. very stable, and is the same system requirements as windows 98. drivers install pretty smoothly too.

Old Post 03-08-2003 11:34 PM
Ahny
Rachmanioff

quote:
before like 5 months ago i got bored, so i installed windows 98, 2000, and xp on my computer and used it for 1-2 weeks each to see which ones better.
my computer was running on 2.0ghz, 256ddr ram, geforce 4ti. 98 sucks ASS, i think it works better for slower computers, cause the drivers for my computer were too new for it to handle. plus it took nearly 20-40 mins to get it up and running with all drivers instlaled, and it still worked like shit.

now, for windows 2000, it was good. it was stable, rarely crashed, but i had some problems installing programs that requires 98 and shit. and older games "need for speed 2" woudln't install. i liked it.

windows xp: i say is the easiest to use, with pretty interface. installs drivers automatically for you, its soo nice. drivers took less than 3 mins to install compared to 98. i dunno, it feels like xp runs faster than those two other os. but is such a memory hog. xp installs much more programs and when i tried, need for speed two actually worked, but it was a little buggy. im still running xp cause i like it the best out of all of them, but im noticing a "Slow down" in my computers performance. o man.. whatever, ill just buy more ram.

so yeah, overall id rather prefer windows 2000. very stable, and is the same system requirements as windows 98. drivers install pretty smoothly too.

Exactly what i said my friend.. Perect!

Old Post 03-09-2003 09:37 AM
AznTiger
An Azn Boy

quote:

wow you actually installed all that?!?! the most thing i installed was ME, 2000, and linux. haha. 98 SE used to be my favorite os because it was plain and simple. now i like xp and 2000.

Old Post 03-10-2003 04:07 AM