Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Cars > The Best Japanese Import Sleeper?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KoReAzNPiMp
Lurker

The Best Japanese Import Sleeper?

What do you guys think is one of the best sleepers (Jap Imports only)? I personally think it is the 1992 Galant VR-4. Most here have probably never heard of one, much less seen one, as only 1000 were made in 1992. It basically has the engine as the eclipse gsx. The galant is four wheel drive, turbo intercooled, four wheel steering. It gets 200 horses to the wheels. I know a guy who owns one. He said that he as burned civic si's, stock mustang and camaro, and has also humiliated integrea gs-r's multiple times, and has easily kept up with mustang gt's and camaro z-28. What r ur opinions? What I mean by sleeper is a car that totally looks slow. For example, if you pulled up next to a 1992 galant, what would be the first reaction?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-04-2002 03:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KoReAzNPiMp Click here to Send KoReAzNPiMp a Private Message Find more posts by KoReAzNPiMp Add KoReAzNPiMp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
indecisive
the Deranged one

a E30 bmw*like the one in my sig* wif a M50 engine...and everything else all decked out......brand new bmw 6 speed manual tranny....Triflow exhuast....K&N cone filter and intake...brand new ECU..everything......that would be so dope....

oh wait..you said jap..nm..

Shift_

"cuz no matter how long U've known them or how well U think U know them..the friendship can be over in a second" ~Indecisive

"you don't realize how much of a luxury cup holders are until you don't have em" ~Indecisive

Old Post 11-04-2002 05:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for indecisive Click here to Send indecisive a Private Message Find more posts by indecisive Add indecisive to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

... doode... if a cars turbo'd it ain't a sleeper... shoot... a true sleeper, my friend's Si... every possible bolt on for the car has been installed except for exhaust... he just got custom piping with his stock exhaust thats been sawed off... its been lowered but no body kit no nothing... it looks like a piece of shit... he even went to detail and took off his Si sign and stuck on a DX... he easily has broken off Geezers (gsr) he hangs with mustangs, but loses against cameros for the simple fact that civic's aren't 4 wheel drive. hes burned every other Si out there, and taken every b18 hatch out in my area... he smokes preludes, like nothin...

Old Post 11-04-2002 05:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Flaming_June
punch drunk love

Re: The Best Japanese Import Sleeper?

quote:
Originally posted by KoReAzNPiMp
What do you guys think is one of the best sleepers (Jap Imports only)? I personally think it is the 1992 Galant VR-4. Most here have probably never heard of one, much less seen one, as only 1000 were made in 1992. It basically has the engine as the eclipse gsx. The galant is four wheel drive, turbo intercooled, four wheel steering. It gets 200 horses to the wheels. I know a guy who owns one. He said that he as burned civic si's, stock mustang and camaro, and has also humiliated integrea gs-r's multiple times, and has easily kept up with mustang gt's and camaro z-28. What r ur opinions? What I mean by sleeper is a car that totally looks slow. For example, if you pulled up next to a 1992 galant, what would be the first reaction?

four wheel drive or all wheel drive??
four way steering's pretty uselss, and the repair cost is pretty high too.
whats the weight of it? if you dont know exact number, what is it relative to other cars? (hp/weight ratio matters a lot)

tyger, there isnt any rules stating turbo cars arn't sleepers

best one that came to where i work

92 240 sx
stock rims, all season tires
red, pretty danm dirty
stock brakes, even got roof racks on top

under the hood lies a skyline engine, single turbo
rb26det

vrrrroooooom *psssshh*

Old Post 11-08-2002 06:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Flaming_June Click here to Send Flaming_June a Private Message Find more posts by Flaming_June Add Flaming_June to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

Re: Re: The Best Japanese Import Sleeper?

quote:
Originally posted by Flaming_June

four wheel drive or all wheel drive??

i dunno about you, but most cars in the world have 4 wheels

Old Post 11-08-2002 07:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eddiee
werD?

Re: Re: Re: The Best Japanese Import Sleeper?

quote:
Originally posted by tea

i dunno about you, but most cars in the world have 4 wheels

Old Post 11-08-2002 07:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for eddiee Click here to Send eddiee a Private Message Find more posts by eddiee Add eddiee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

a sleeper is a car that looks stock, but really runs quick quarters.

Old Post 11-08-2002 12:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Prototype Click here to Send Prototype a Private Message Visit Prototype's homepage! Find more posts by Prototype Add Prototype to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ryosuke

he did make a rather idiotic comment didn't he? I guess he's implying that if you can hear the air release from the blow off valve that its a dead give away. So in his mind the NA are the only "true" sleepers. LOL, kind of limited his world didn't he? And remember, he said his friends SI has every BOLT-ON.

Old Post 11-08-2002 07:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ryosuke Click here to Send ryosuke a Private Message Find more posts by ryosuke Add ryosuke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

quote:
Originally posted by ryosuke
he did make a rather idiotic comment didn't he? I guess he's implying that if you can hear the air release from the blow off valve that its a dead give away. So in his mind the NA are the only "true" sleepers. LOL, kind of limited his world didn't he? And remember, he said his friends SI has every BOLT-ON.

ey no flaming

last time i check a galant vr4 had 200 to the crank ..

best sleeper ive ever seen.. a yellow geo storm in the ten's... omigod that shit was fast.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 11-08-2002 08:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU

ey no flaming

last time i check a galant vr4 had 200 to the crank ..

best sleeper ive ever seen.. a yellow geo storm in the ten's... omigod that shit was fast.

wow a geo storm

the best sleeper ive ever seen was a dual engine tiburon it was running 10s or 11s on street tires.
i once saw an rx-3 with an rx7 transplant beat a brand new corvette. they were crazy fast...my friend and i had a hard time keeping up with them..just to watch

Old Post 11-08-2002 11:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Flaming_June
punch drunk love

four wheel drive and all wheel drive are diff
but.. im thinking you already knew that

you can have a turbo without any blow off valve, but for smaller turbos, a wastegate is a must

Old Post 11-09-2002 04:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Flaming_June Click here to Send Flaming_June a Private Message Find more posts by Flaming_June Add Flaming_June to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

quote:
Originally posted by tea
the best sleeper ive ever seen was a dual engine tiburon it was running 10s or 11s on street tires.

HAHAHA THAT WAS IN SPORTS COMPACT! i remember that car... it was crazy... dual engin... haha but dual tranny too... haha it was in the Ultimate street car challenge thing they did... i was blown away

ryosuke... hey... buddy... i never said i knew absolutely everythin about cars, but keep your flamin to PMz eh??? id respect you much more if you did ... theres no need to make each other feel terribly stupid by getting into a stupid argument about cars in open public... jus tellin you there are people who would zing your right back and get in a inflated arguement which isn't cool... im not the type of person who gets angry act these kinda things but there are people... sorry by the way, i shoulda said "i believe that turbo'd cars aren't sleepers"... my mistake

Old Post 11-09-2002 04:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

an 88' corolla that ran 11's

Props To Huby

Old Post 11-13-2002 09:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote