Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Enlightenment > which Philosophers do u
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DaWhim
Da Hong Konger

quote:
Originally posted by tm11
I probably should have said something earlier, haha. But anyways. Adam Smith was not a philosopher, he was an economist at best. David is right, and under your logic anyone is a philosopher.

Adam Smith is the father of economics, yes. He theorized Capitalism, yes. Is he a philosopher? No. He's an economist. Einstein theorized the theory of relativity among many other theories and laws in physics, but he's not a philosopher. He was a physicist.

you can try to disapprove the sources i got from Britannica encyclopeadia and Microsoft reference library 2003.

Smith, Adam (economist) (1723-1790), British philosopher and economist, whose celebrated treatise An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations was the first serious attempt to study the nature of capital and the historical development of industry and commerce among European nations.
Microsoft® Encarta® Reference Library 2003. © 1993-2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Smith, Adam
baptized June 5, 1723 , Kirkcaldy, Fife, Scot.
died July 17, 1790 , Edinburgh

Scottish social philosopher and political economist.

After two centuries, Adam Smith remains a towering figure in the history of economic thought. Known primarily for a single work, An Inquiry into the nature and causes of the Wealth of Nations (1776), the first comprehensive system of political economy, Smith is more properly regarded as a social philosopher whose economic writings constitute only the capstone to an overarching view of political and social evolution. (from Britannica.com)

i never say he is not an economist.

Einstein theorized the theory of relativity among many other theories and laws in physics, he's a scientist, also a physicist.

Adam Smith is a philosopher, also an economist.

tm11, u may have better knowledge in capitalism than me, but who knows?
i am going for economics as my major in college.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-22-2002 02:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DaWhim Click here to Send DaWhim a Private Message Find more posts by DaWhim Add DaWhim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by DaWhim
hm hm....
http://www.jusunlee.com/forums/show...p;threadid=6829

u can see what classes i am taking

first of all, why are you grinning at me being in high school in a condescending way when you are in high school? hahaha, so fucking stupid. Sure, try and rebut, you really have no way out of this one. Carry on with the BS. Oh yeah, it's funny how you call valid, more valid than yours, opinions BS. One must wonder if you even read the posts. Haha, i'm a senior as well.

HAHAHA, and those easy classes your trying to compare with me, and the rest of the people at this forum? that is so ludicrous. I can't help but laugh, seriously. Where is this pride you are drawing from? it's amazing. I think i am incredibly more qualified than you are. Especially with those terribly easy classes you are taking. Bragging time, all right i'm an IB diploma student, this is my schedule:

IB Spanish V
IB English HL II
IB Physics HL II
IB Business & Organization HL II
IB Theory of Knowledge
IB Math HL II
IB Music
Men's Ensemble

Also, along with tommy and victor (TM11 and crazydeb8ter), i'm a debater and most likely know more about this stuff than you do again, especially capitalism and different forms of economy. And to counter your speech class i do forensics in Extemporary speaking and again, probably know more about world issues that you do, that includes world economy. Next, look at the class 4th from the bottom. Called IB Theory of Knowledge, that's a philosophy class. What do you have....oh your own instincts? oh damn that's pretty stupid. I think that, in combo with debating (which encompasses philosophy most times) thoroughly out does whatever you claim to have.

Wow....you are in AP gov't, hahaha . Wow, an AP class...and still it's not even IB. Grow up and swallow your pride. I don't go flaunting it around like you try to. Only now cause you asked for it (nah, you don't need to go into a loing thing about how you didn't, fine if you didn't then i flaunted it now cause i wanted to).

Also, you "spent an hour to do my hour every week, how nice"? I'm not sure what that means, but that's from the link you posted. Anyway, i'm thinking you meant homework. And, only an hour? That's terrible haha, i spend maybe 3 hours a day. Longer cause we constantly have IB essay's and oral presentations due in our classes. As in throughout the nighttime a LOT. Again, what are you possibly braggin about?

quote:

it is just a big shame that u study economics and dunno what laissez faire is. as i said adam smith is the father of economics.

again, HAHAHAAH , you are so stupid. Did you even read my previous posts. And then you decrease your own credibility by translating it wrong. haha, you are truly something, not much, but something. And again, why are you telling me this? didn't i translate it in my earlier posts? oh...i did, is your narcissistic mislead arrogance blinding your logic? You want to tell me what it means so badly that you don't care if i know what it is regardless. Is that it? hahaha . As you said adam smith is the father of economics, and as i concurred...wow...no clash here, what exactly are you arguing? Oh i've all ready told you my side...now how about you elaborate on your side for once. you haven't said anything.

quote:

you can ask ur teacher who he is and what laissez faire it. it is a french word "let the market be free."

thank you. No need, i know. It's funny how you think your on some high horse just becaus eyou think you know something someone else does. And of all things, pride on internet. Man, you must be a riot in real life...with the....frien---wait, do you have any friends? just checking.

quote:

(all of a sudden, i got flamed) :sad:

Again, cross apply all of crazydeb8ter and TM11's reason for you being "flamed." As if somehow you don't deserve it...why exactly don't you deserve to be flamed after you "flamed" us. If you call our posts flaming, then yours was the same thing. How many hypocrisies can you fit into a post? haha damn. Stop playing victim. Nobody cares. Sorry, it's the truth though. I'm sure you've realized this though.

ahh, so much fun writing all this. Hoped you enjoyed. Again, no need to play the victim card cause frankly, nobody cares cause you blatantly started it, and continually prove to deserve it.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Last edited by PsychoSnowman on 10-22-2002 at 03:04 AM

Old Post 10-22-2002 02:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

Dawhim, you don't seem to understand something atrociously simple.

We both agree he is an economist, you do and so do we. But you seem to think we are saying you think he isn't.

All we are saying is that he is not a philosopher. There are some pretty good arguments if you actually read them.

And your source from an encyclopedia and such...thats stupid. We don't need that, we all ready answered it. It's slightly ludicrous at how you blindly follow sources though.

-Cromwell

Old Post 10-22-2002 02:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:

1. u are not answering my question and u have to know what thread u are talking in. we are talking philosopher and i am asking u can u prove Adam Smith is not a philosopher.

Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
i don't think adam smith is a philosopher. Just an economist/analyst.

this is what he said and this is also what i am arguing!!! if u want to talk not relate to philosopher, please, go somehwere else.

2. was i proposing that college students are better than high schoolers? u really missed something
did u miss to click on this link?
i am a high school senior, duh....

what do u want to argue with me now? hope u only talk something relate to the topic of this thread

anyways, have funs arguing with ya

is it just me, or does this guy have absolutely no understanding of what is going on in this thread?

I agree with you victor, he's afraid to tackle the arguments, it's why he just pretends like they aren't there.

-Cromwell

Old Post 10-22-2002 02:47 AM
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:

1. u are not answering my question and u have to know what thread u are talking in. we are talking philosopher and i am asking u can u prove Adam Smith is not a philosopher.

Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
i don't think adam smith is a philosopher. Just an economist/analyst.

this is what he said and this is also what i am arguing!!! if u want to talk not relate to philosopher, please, go somehwere else.

2. was i proposing that college students are better than high schoolers? u really missed something
did u miss to click on this link?
i am a high school senior, duh....

1) I AM addressing however, something that is relevant to this thread itself: Your insulting of PsychoSnowman. I am not carrying this elsewhere because for one, you never called him a "lamer" or "stupid" anywhere else. What I am arguing pertains DIRECTLY to this thread. Must I emphasize the link further?

2) Read again dimwit. Notice that the edit time was way before you even posted.

Btw. did i mention you have atrociously horrible grammer?

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 10-22-2002 03:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DaWhim
Da Hong Konger

Talking

anyways, i am tired of the arguing with u guys. 3 vs 1 huh?
never mind, a pic for u all

Old Post 10-22-2002 03:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DaWhim Click here to Send DaWhim a Private Message Find more posts by DaWhim Add DaWhim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

no...the only retarded person is you. A senior in high-school with such poor english...

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 10-22-2002 03:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
anyways, i am tired of the arguing with u guys. 3 vs 1 huh?
never mind, a pic for u all

your acting as if there's argumentation going on...but you have no opposing argument. Sure, you have a view, but there isn't an argument. We have the only arguments here. How exactly are you arguing? All we are trying to do is get you to read our posts and realize that you disregarded the content of all of them. When you just say "no." hahaha so fucking stupid. You suck at this, really.

btw, That picture is rather offensive, something i expected though from the guy who made that racist comment in the PP forum though hah. But with someone like yourself who blindly follows anything in writing haha, i would expect this from you as well. "If it's in writing,...it must be true!!! it says so in my econ book, in encyclopedias! it's completely objective! you guys just must not know who he is then! the dictionary says so! you guys are wrong!" -DaWhim hahaha , that's basically what you've been saying. No need to elaborate, there isn't any more there. your an idiot, i wonder if you even understand what our posts mean, seeing as your english is so bad (as pointed out by victor)

haha 3 v 1. Well, you did instigate it, i just politely told you my view of why he wasn't a philosopher (we haven't proved it yet!!!! (sarcasm) hahah), and then you start it dawhim.

lastly, haha you're "tired" of arguing? Hahahahah give me a break, that's such a terrible excuse. Maybe because you finally realize you have nothing to brag about anymore because the three of us are so insanely more qualified than you to be talking about this with your two AP classes. Hahahah so fucking stupid. All right, you should be "tired" you've done quite a bit of arguing...oh wait...what was that you did? ooh, restate yourself 5 times? ok, nevermind. you HAVEN'T done any arguing, yeeeaa that's right hahah

Again, no need to even try and play the victim card here. Cause...once more, nobody really cares. No one at all.

-Cromwell

Last edited by PsychoSnowman on 10-22-2002 at 12:01 PM

Old Post 10-22-2002 11:48 AM
DaWhim
Da Hong Konger

ORIGINAL VERSION

i dun give a fuck, fucking dumb nerds

by keep telling me you a a student taking ib craps(courses), just making me laugh *rolling on the floor*
i just feel u are a fucking dumb nerds. even my friend who is valedictorian won't take the shit like that. btw, wedun have that in my school. all we have is AP courses. we take about 5-6 AP courses in the junior year and take the AP course like AP gov't in senior year. after the 1st semaster, we drop the classes we dun need then go out and have funs while u are studying so hard for nothing. excuse me, ib diploma?
here is how to define dumb nerd and smart nerd.
dumb nerds like u just study because study.
smart nerds study for college. ( i am not a nerd)

i dun feel what ib craps make a difference. i am more proud to be in my AP gov't class. even the NY senator come to my class, what about ur ib craps?

i am wondering what kinda college u will go to, stanford? lmao, i dun u dun feel bitter about it when a black get in with score of 1000 in SAT and 3.5gpa or lower. for u, in order to get in, u need at least 1550 SAT score, three 800 SAT2, 4.0+gpa, and hundred of hours of volunteer works.
so just stfu and go to study + 3 hours a day hw

for me, i dun need that. i will just keep enjoying my life as i am now. and i am good enough to go to a 2nd tier college. then i can work for citigroup, because i have my summer internship in citigroup and i can go back next summer to work. what do u have? McDicks?(citigroup the biggest in financial services industry in da world. i assume u nerd dunno that)

my advise to give u is just go fuck urself and do ur 3 hours a day hw, fucking dumb nerd

smart people dun study, so i dun assume that u are. hw is just crap for practice handwriting. when the test comes, i just cheat with my valedictorian friend. after all, i got the same grade as he has. so u better go to stfu then go to do ur hw and study, dumb nerd

i hope u dun condesecend ur "smart" status to talk to a "fucking stupid." oh...when u do, u just make urself a "fucking stupid" like me.

to Crazydeb8ter

A retarded person ask victor "What magazine has the longest history in the world?"(in perfect english)
the question is just a little common sense wondering if this normal person victor can answer.

victor will probably avoid to answer and say "this is a retard question and he doesn't care."

what a normal person beyond retard

i am outta here for good, so long, fucking dumb nerd

PROPER GRAMMAR/MECHANICS REMIX (changes are in italics):

I don't give a fuck, you fucking dumb nerds.

By telling me you are[i] a student taking ib craps(courses), [i]you just make me laugh. *rolling on the floor*
I just feel you are fucking dumb nerds. Even my friend who is a valedictorian doesn't take those courses. By the way, we don't have those courses in my school. All we have are AP courses. We take about 5-6 AP courses during junior year and take AP courses like AP gov't. during senior year. After the 1st semaster, we drop the classes we don't need then go out and have fun while you are studying so hard for nothing. Excuse me, IB diploma?
Here is how one defines a dumb nerd and smart nerd. Dumb nerds like you just study for the sake of studying.
Smart nerds study for college. ( i am not a nerd)

I don't feel how ib craps(courses) make a difference. I am more proud to be in my AP gov't class, even a NY senator came to my class, what about your IB craps?

I am wondering what kind of college you will go to. Stanford? Lmao, Don't you feel bitter about how a black person may get in with score of 1000 on their SAT's and a gpa of 3.5 or lower. For you, you need at least a 1550 on your SAT's, three 800's on your SAT2's, a gpa of 4.0 or better, and at least a hundred of hours of community service.

Me, I don't need that. I will just keep enjoying my life as I am now. I am good enough to go to a 2nd tier college, and afterwards I can work for citigroup, because I had a summer internship in Citigroup, and I can go back next summer to work.
What do you have? McDicks?(Citigroup the biggest company in the financial services industry, in the entire world. I assume you nerds don't know that)

My advice to give you is just go fuck yourself and do your 3 hours of homework a day , fucking dumb nerds

Smart people don't study. So I don't assume that you are smart. Homework is solely for practicing handwriting. On a test, I just cheat with my valedictorian friend. After all, I gett the same grades he does. So you better go stfu then go do your homework and study, dumb nerd.

I hope you don't condescend your "smart" status to talk to a "fucking stupid." oh...when you do, you just make yourself seem as if you are a "fucking stupid," like me.

To Crazydeb8ter:

A retarded person asks Victor "What magazine has the longest history in the world?"(in perfect english)
The question is just requires a little common sense, and I wonder if a normal person such as Victor can answer.

Victor will probably avoid the answer and say "this is a retarded question" and "he doesn't care to respond."

A normal person, compared to a retard.

I am out of here for good, so long, fucking dumb nerds

Last edited by tm11 on 10-23-2002 at 12:12 AM

Old Post 10-22-2002 10:26 PM
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

oh dear... how did a simple question such as "which philosophers do u know" turn into something so ugly? im sorry but people need to calm down... it is just a forum after all

Old Post 10-22-2002 10:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by TyGer STyLe
oh dear... how did a simple question such as "which philosophers do u know" turn into something so ugly? im sorry but people need to calm down... it is just a forum after all

it's really just him. Don't mind the bitter, ignorant child. Just brush him off, we don't have anymore candy for him anyway. He just needs time to cool off, he cannot control his anger, it's not his fault...actually it is haha, my bad .

-Cromwell

Last edited by PsychoSnowman on 10-22-2002 at 11:37 PM

Old Post 10-22-2002 11:30 PM
tm11
down by law

Alright son, lay off.
You say you "dun give a fuck," yet you write the longest post you've ever written, and I'm sure that was probably the most challenging piece of literature you've ever produced, too. Once again, you've amazed us with your expansive knowledge of the proper grammer, the English language, and all its idiosyncracies. For this, I applaud you :thumbup: On a sidenote, did your valedictorian friend proof this last post? There was a noticeable improvement in your diction, and the overall syntax of the post. Again, Kudos.

Oh man, you take AP classes?
AP classes are a joke, and so are you. Wow, you're friends with a valedictorian, be proud dude, i'm sure you're very accomplished as well, and have had an impressive academic record, but judging from every post of yours that i've read, you're a moron, with the maturity level of a 2nd grader. An IB diploma doesn't require a hell of a lot more work than the AP program, and it's not like any of us spend all our time studying, I have no idea how you can make that assertion. I assume in your warped l33t-view of the world, we must seem like "fucking dumb nerds." That's the only possible explanation for the irrational claims you make, because you haven't clashed with any of the arguments anyone's been making, aside from throwing out ad homs like it ain't no thang.
Anyways, I don't believe any of us study excessively or ever do 3 hours of hw on a consistent basis. (Maybe if you did you could work on that grammar son, it's no surprise you're not in AP english)

Anyways, we don't have senators come and talk to us in IB classes, so yeah, they must be a joke.... Goodness you're stupid. The IB curriculum is a global advanced curriculum, on par with AP and in some aspects exceeding it.

Oooh, you have an internship too! Hot shit son. For real, I can tell you're going places. Bleh, we're all debaters, and that opens up a lot more than doors than a summer internship, even if you have it at citigroup (haha, so what?). I'd be lucky enough to have time for a job, much less a summer internship, but I must tend to other things. It would actually help if one was intelligent too. One would tend to think that intelligence would open a lot of doors too.

You are the stupidest person I've seen on this forum, ever. No one is more of an intellectual basement, compared to you, that is just not feasible.

Listen son, personal attacks won't be tolerated on this forum, if you come into this place running your mouth, people will only reciprocate.

Old Post 10-22-2002 11:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jj2
JSL Member

wow...intense...but erm...i dont see the point of u 'remixing' ur grammar...

Old Post 10-23-2002 12:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jj2 Click here to Send Jj2 a Private Message Find more posts by Jj2 Add Jj2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

but, the thing is, its his own fault. he had no opposing argument and what he called his "argument" wasn't even valid. he was getting off topic the whole time by calling them "fucking dumb nerds" and posting irrelevant pictures which only prove your immaturity. but hey, what would i know. im just a hs freshmen.

but lets try getting back on topic folks. :satisfy:

Props To Huby

Old Post 10-23-2002 12:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

Wow, it's over the post limit budday! good job.

quote:
i dun give a fuck, fucking dumb nerds

by keep telling me you a a student taking ib craps(courses), just making me laugh *rolling on the floor*

and your assertion that anybody cares what you do or how you react is terribly wrong. Hahah, nobody cares my young one. People tend not to care about what the stupid do, cause frankly, it doesn't hold a lot of weight.

Wow!, you are a clever guy! Beneath the corrupt grammar is a bit of wit. Hahah, i see what you are doing! You are using the word crap as synonymous with the word courses! By doing so, you are actually insulting them! OMG!!!! tHaT is ShO CleVeR!!

quote:

i just feel u are a fucking dumb nerds. even my friend who is valedictorian won't take the shit like that. btw, wedun have that in my school.

Damn, i feel terrible...i'm a fucking nerd. hahah, Seriously, did you think that is some kind of insult? hahah, sorry, we're not all in 4th grade, so we won't get offended by the potty mouth we have stumbled onto.

Ok...so your valedictorian friend won't take "the shit" like that, yet you add that you don't even have it in your school. why did you add that in? It really just ruins whatever incredibly stupid argument you were trying to make. Sorry, i don't feel like saying "this is so stupid" after every single comment you make. How about if we just imply it said to everything from now on? good?....all right. Let's move on.

Who cares if you are friends with the valedictorian? hahaha, god, it certainly hasn't rubbed off on you at all, nor do we even know the valedictorian is more mature than you are. THough that's not hard. I am friends with the valedictorian in our school, and.....who cares? haha. This detail doesn't do anything for you.

quote:

all we have is AP courses. we take about 5-6 AP courses in the junior year and take the AP course like AP gov't in senior year. after the 1st semaster, we drop the classes we dun need then go out and have funs while u are studying so hard for nothing.

hmm, so your whole argument of how you learned about laissez faire because you are taking better classes...is just kind of ruined now is it? Do you even care you contradict? At your school you guys all take 5-6 AP courses in junior year and then you all drop the classes you "dun" need and go out and have fun? hahah , yes your entire high school does that. In fact, that just rules out my high school too, seeing how we don't "all" follow that brilliant schematic.

Oooh i'm sorry, i forgot that you are still in elementary mentality. I forgot about these social groups. Yes, "everyone" as in the popular kids hahahahahaha. Ok, so you just mean some people...now why don't people do that at my school? In fact, i'm sure they do. What exactly are you trying to prove here? That you like to follow the crowd? ok, well done.

And studying for nothing? Yes, college is nothing, and IB classes are stupid. You are so smart. With that mentality, AP classes would be stupid as well. One question, why don't you take all AP classes if you are so smart?

You try and brag about how smart you are, and then turn around and abandon whatever you were advocating when you finally realized how stupid you were in trying to do so...then insulting essentially yourself by insulting the nerd you once proclaimed to be. hahah.

quote:

excuse me, ib diploma?
here is how to define dumb nerd and smart nerd.
dumb nerds like u just study because study.
smart nerds study for college. ( i am not a nerd)

Hmm, well i study for college. Guess i'm a smart nerd.

Hahah, and then you add (i am not a nerd)...so then what are you? Here's a guess: how about a wrongfully narcissistic and arrogant biggoting idiot? Good? yeah i thought it fit you pretty well too.

quote:

i dun feel what ib craps make a difference. i am more proud to be in my AP gov't class. even the NY senator come to my class, what about ur ib craps?

Heeeyyyy, hahah he did it! He established the term crap as synonymous with course, and then he continued to implement it throughout the rest of the post! Oh my, how this kid is witty.

my guess is that you have no idea what IB is. Obviously you didn't until you came to this forum. If you did you'd realize how stupid you sound.

and oooh damn!!!!! The NY senator "come" to your class?! now THAT certainly must constitute a great class. I would be proud if i was you too (sarcasm, in case you can't tell. I don't want to overestimate your abilities, i'll make it black and white for you. sorry i didn't mark all the sarcasm comments for you...i hope you can figure it out. you've learned about that last year in 5th grade, right?). Anyway, an NY senator hasn't come and talked to us...hahahh, do you possibly have it in your mind that your class was somehow good enough, above all others, for hte senator to come visit you? As if, you earned him to come? because it is AP? Damn, that is stupid. Here, i'll add a clever trick i borrowed from you. Damn, that is stupid DamnWhim. Hah, wow! Now if i called you that through the whole post i'd certainly be pretty clever, and then end the message by saying something like "go back to elementary DamnWhim!" Haha.

As TM11 outlined, IB is considered in many ways above AP. You're incredibly misled if you think IB courses are crap. haha .

quote:

i am wondering what kinda college u will go to, stanford? lmao, i dun u dun feel bitter about it when a black get in with score of 1000 in SAT and 3.5gpa or lower. for u, in order to get in, u need at least 1550 SAT score, three 800 SAT2, 4.0+gpa, and hundred of hours of volunteer works.

Daamn, you put me in my place. "so just stfu and go to study + 3 hours a day hw" hahahah. Do i need to say again, that that's not even grammatically correct? Not to mention stupid, and shall i say for the 10th time...elementary?

hmmm...are you under the incredibly false impression that i am white? I'm a minority, asian, and less of a minority than an african american. So, there really wouldn't be a reason why he'd get it in instead of me. I don't see where you are going with this. What are you possibly trying to gain from this on your argument?

quote:

for me, i dun need that. i will just keep enjoying my life as i am now. and i am good enough to go to a 2nd tier college. then i can work for citigroup, because i have my summer internship in citigroup and i can go back next summer to work. what do u have? McDicks?(citigroup the biggest in financial services industry in da world. i assume u nerd dunno that)

Haha, why do you assume i don't know what something is when you consistently call me a nerd? That implies i know a lot...hahah, again so stupid. How does this argument play out exactly? I don't think it does.

quote:

my advise to give u is just go fuck urself and do ur 3 hours a day hw, fucking dumb nerd

that is some bad advice haha. 0oohhh and the stinging element of it with the name called at the end! You are impeccable at insulting. Quite impressive. Sarcasm again.

Here's some advice for you: Go back to playing by yourself in the playground during recess. (That implies that you have no friends if you can't tell).

quote:

smart people dun study, so i dun assume that u are. hw is just crap for practice handwriting. when the test comes, i just cheat with my valedictorian friend. after all, i got the same grade as he has. so u better go to stfu then go to do ur hw and study, dumb nerd

hmmm, well smart people do study budday. You're stupid if you think otherwise, and well you've proven yourself to be. Hahah, and now you contradict yourself again by saying that i'm not smart, yet you call me a nerd. Tell me, how does that possibly work? You're writing so much you are getting confused. Stick to simple ideas, don't tackle harder ones so early in the game. English is a hard thing to grasp. Any new language is. It'll take time. Keep working on it, you'll get it.

And, handwriting practice? ok...though a lot of it is done on a computer and typed, but whatever, think stupidly if you will.

quote:

i hope u dun condesecend ur "smart" status to talk to a "fucking stupid." oh...when u do, u just make urself a "fucking stupid" like me.

hmm, that didn't make any sense haha. You're lucky i'm a "fucking nerd" so i can comprehend your atrocious grammar. First of all, "fucking stupid" is not a noun. It's an adjective. Ur is your, urself is yourself. dun is don't, and u is you. There it is. Keep working, you'll grasp the english language soon enough.

And wow! a step up! you use the word condescend! but still spell it wrong, but nonetheless it's the most complex word in here! good job at trying out new vocabulary. You conjugated it perfectly though, that's a hard one, you did a real good job. I got a star sticker for you if you want it.

And....a Turn on the argument!!!! hahahaahahahaah, that is awesome. I don't need to answer this back cause it's such terrible logic, but i'll do it anyway. Talking to stupid people like you does not make me a "fucking stupid," rather it makes me a better person...as i don't think i am better than anyone else in a discursive nature. Being that i talk to everyone because no one shouldn't be talked to simply because they are stupid. Especially, when they are as misled as you are and instigate something that they are scared of hahah, and then try and come back with some sort of terribly contradiction post. Why would i not talk to stupid people is a better question. It'd be mean and condescending to do so.

-Cromwell

Last edited by PsychoSnowman on 10-23-2002 at 01:25 AM

Old Post 10-23-2002 12:55 AM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

Actually i bet you'll see this long reply and think you have pissed me off when in fact i'm just laughing at your stupidity and am having fun tearing your contradictory/terrible logic apart. So, thank you for the opportunity for a little fun this night in responding to a dumb elementary kid like yourself. Twas a grand time DaWhim, have fun, and don't come back.

Why do i say this? Well, as a moderator i'm supposed to set a paradigm so to speak of course. And i should never discourage people from being on the forums, but all you have done is post blatantly racist and condescending remarks on this forum since you have gotten here. Go home to mommy so you can cry, and have a cookie to make you feel better about the whole deal...maybe even hot chocolate!

On your message to victor, i probably shouldn't intervene, but it's funny how you are on a first name basis DaWhim! Wow!

quote:

Hahaha, and what is this? Another childish antic? For those who didn't bother to investigate the mislead URL, it's a smile with two middle fingers stuck up, and another is a red angry face, adn the other i didn't feel like looking at.

Hahahah, childish retaliation?!?! He is good. It is stinging.

quote:

i am outta here for good, so long, fucking dumb nerd

the forums are better without you. Though i doubt you're gone for good haha. I'm sure you'll at least check the replies. I mean, a child cannot resist pandora's box, rather anything remotely curious to them.

All right, cry to mommy now. Bye. Thanks for the fun. It'd be really sweet if you pulled out a "why do you care so much?" argument hahaha . Go ask your valedictorian friend for some input on how to dig yourself out of this canyon you've dug for yourself. I'm sure he/she is a hell of a lot smarter than you...well hopefully.

-Cromwell

Old Post 10-23-2002 12:57 AM
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:

To Crazydeb8ter:

A retarded person asks Victor "What magazine has the longest history in the world?"(in perfect english)
The question is just requires a little common sense, and I wonder if a normal person such as Victor can answer.

Victor will probably avoid the answer and say "this is a retarded question" and "he doesn't care to respond."

A normal person, compared to a retard.
[/img]

bzzzt. Try again. Amazing how you can be on par with a valedictorian. Is your school geared towards the lower-end of the intelligence spectrum? Is the majority of your school comprised of blacks and hispanics? It must be so. Either that or your class must have some pretty stupid people. And this is not mentioning your shitty teachers, who do not care enough to enforce basic academic honesty rules. That's some school you attend.

quote:
Smart people don't study. So I don't assume that you are smart. Homework is solely for practicing handwriting. On a test, I just cheat with my valedictorian friend. After all, I gett the same grades he does. So you better go stfu then go do your homework and study, dumb nerd.

Smart people are defined by their intelligence. The idiots are the ones who resort to cheating because they are not clever enough to absorb the material.

quote:
Dumb nerds like you just study for the sake of studying.

DaWhimp is resorting to his assumptions again. Oh joy.

quote:
and i am good enough to go to a 2nd tier college.

Forget that. Chico State is where you fit in.

quote:
I am more proud to be in my AP gov't class, even a NY senator came to my class, what about your IB craps?

Probably on a visit to the lower-quality educational institutions in order to garner support.

quote:
Even my friend who is a valedictorian doesn't take those courses. By the way, we don't have those courses in my school. All we have are AP courses

-slaps forehead- Good grief, you really are some kind of idiot. Read your statement again. The error in reasoning you commit is hilarious.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 10-23-2002 01:07 AM
Spuzzter

Whoa, looks like I missed a lot... are people bashing the IB program?!? Wha wha whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Talk about a travesty. Seriously, the program gets so much beef from it's own participants. Still, they are much more qualified to point out faults then a slack-jawed yokel fawning over a New York State Senator.

Don't fault people for going the extra mile. We'll be writing your welfare checks one day.

Last edited by Spuzzter on 10-24-2002 at 03:47 AM

Old Post 10-24-2002 03:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Spuzzter Click here to Send Spuzzter a Private Message Find more posts by Spuzzter Add Spuzzter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

hmm... i feel really dumb.. what the heck is IB.... whatever it is i'm guessing it's a couple of steps up from AP..haha

okay i actually read... most.. of that (haha) and ... that.. dawhim person's replys look as if he just took sources from the internet... oh yea and that person also kept saying the same thing over and over again... about that... economist guy?

dumb nerd.... don't call them that... you're the one cheating over there

sorry but this sentence "homework is solely for practicing handwriting" .... i don't even know how to respond to that... and lastly CHEATING IS WRONG.... why would you cheat if you're so smart?

oh yea....hmm well i'm stupid so i don't know any philosophers....

Last edited by MellowYellow on 10-26-2002 at 06:53 AM

Old Post 10-26-2002 06:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jj2
JSL Member

i.b is called international baccalaureate and it's a 2 year pre-uni qualification diploma. erm, it's seen as the 'gold standard' in pre-uni qualifications and allows students to gain access to top unis in the world. so yeah...top notch stuff...dyamn, regret not studying it :sad:

Old Post 10-26-2002 10:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jj2 Click here to Send Jj2 a Private Message Find more posts by Jj2 Add Jj2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote