Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Enlightenment > [news] North Korea calls 007 movie insulting
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

[news] North Korea calls 007 movie insulting

SEOUL (Reuters) - James Bond was tortured by North Korea (news - web sites) agents in his latest film, "Die Another Day", and now he's being flogged again by his latest foe for "insulting the Korean nation".

North Korea on Saturday urged the United States to stop showing the 20th James Bond feature film, calling it a "dirty and cursed burlesque aimed to slander (North Korea) and insult the Korean nation...," said the Secretariat of the Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of the Fatherland.

The MGM studio hit, starring Pierce Brosnan and Halle Berry "clearly proves" the United States is "the root cause of all disasters and misfortune of the Korean nation" and is "an empire of evil", said the committee, which deals with South Korean affairs.

Its statement was reported by North Korea's official Korean Central News Agency.

In his latest adventure, Bond takes a hovercraft through the heavily fortified frontier dividing North and South Korea (news - web sites). He is caught and tortured in North Korea before being released in a prisoner exchange.

The movie has also irked South Koreans, who especially object to a scene where Bond has sex in a Buddhist temple.

The movie, which does not open in Seoul theatres until year's end, also shows a farmer tilling his field with a cow, which Korean critics say makes the country appear backward.

"The United States should stop at once the show," the North Korean statement said, because it describes "the DPRK as part of an 'axis of evil', inciting inter-Korean confrontation, groundlessly despising and insulting the Korean nation and malignantly desecrating even religion".

The DPRK is an acronym for North Korea's official name, the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea.

The United States is "the headquarters that spreads abnormality, degeneration, violence and fin de siecle corrupt sex culture", the statement said.

source: yahoo! news

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-14-2002 05:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

hahaha, i like that riposte NK tried to pull on Bush's "axis of evil" statement hahaha, how america is an "empire of evil." Yea! Power to synonyms!

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 12-14-2002 06:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

its a freaken movie chill, Russia didnt whine their ass about Goldeneye did they? jezz its a freaken MOVIE not reality. this just shows they r a bunch of idiots.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 12-14-2002 07:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
castle outsider

yea..this is pretty stupid...

Old Post 12-15-2002 03:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for castle outsider Click here to Send castle outsider a Private Message Visit castle outsider's homepage! Find more posts by castle outsider Add castle outsider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Klumzy

quote:
Originally posted by aznkid1008
its a freaken movie chill, Russia didnt whine their ass about Goldeneye did they? jezz its a freaken MOVIE not reality. this just shows they r a bunch of idiots.

would you say the same thing if hollywood decided to make a movie making fun of you??? i don't think so...

Old Post 12-15-2002 03:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Klumzy Click here to Send Klumzy a Private Message Find more posts by Klumzy Add Klumzy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

hollywood tends to exaggerate everything...

and aznkid1008.. it is a movie but a lot of ignorant people tend to get most of their sterotype images FROM movies... so if people see korea (north or south) depicted that way... that's how they'll think it is...and i dunno about you but it might make it seem like korean people are dumb "oh just go back to your farms and eat dogs" .. <--- someone said that to me... (i'm sooooo not lying, a girl who had a thing about asian people attacked me.. lol with a plastic bottle... a cop came.. she got arrested.. she went to court..don't know what happened to her) ... but it was before this movie came out

well i'm not THAT offended still... but uhm..i don't think they'll stop showing the movie... i remember that whole thing where the main guy actor for autumn story (gah eul dong hwa) refused to play the part of the korean dude in that movie ( i think it was him??? ) people were like "good for him!!!"

eh... i don't think much of it.... because right now those colored phones came out and everyone who got one of those color screen phones... has LG or Samsung... not many motorola's and that other company... and i heard hyundai cars were getting better.. and these days i'm seeing so many out on the streets ( i guess cuz they're cheap... the cars not the people driving them.. lol) so anyone who says korea is some under developed country.. would just be ignorant... stupid asses... lol...

Old Post 12-15-2002 07:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

if anyone ever heard about that movie disney made called Kung Dong or something like 5 years back...i have actually never even seen it physically in any store before i really wonder if it exists. Anyway, our social studies teacher used to tell us about it when it was going on. Disney wanted to build a disney world in china and china thought that movie was insulting and said they wouldn't be able to do that if they released the movie. So they didn't, but i heard it was released in other places exempting china...wonder if that is true hehe, cause i haven't heard anything about it after and it's been a couple years, i'm not even sure if that's how you spell the name it's probably not.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 12-15-2002 07:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

If something contains a false statement, it doesn't necessarily mean that it is completely false.

I could hold up a green pen and say "This pen is green, and I hate you." Even if I didn't hate you (which I don't) the pen would still be green.

Anyway, America may not be an "axis of evil" but North Korea might find the movie offensive.

Old Post 12-18-2002 02:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist
If something contains a false statement, it doesn't necessarily mean that it is completely false.

I could hold up a green pen and say "This pen is green, and I hate you." Even if I didn't hate you (which I don't) the pen would still be green.

Anyway, America may not be an "axis of evil" but North Korea might find the movie offensive.

the article said empire of evil not axis of evil (V)

Old Post 12-19-2002 04:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

i wuz a bit offended too.. buh thing is, i wuz first realliee glad about that movie.. being shot in korea and all.. buh yes, it wuz realliee wrong of wuht it did to koreans.

which also amazed me was.. this wuz tha first tym Bond was actualliee trapped there for that long.. in a movie hahahaa.. i wuz laughin cuz from other terrorists he wuz captured by in other movie.. (Germany, Russia, Czech...) he escaped.. realliee fast.. buh in this one, his own country had to go there and get him out.. sadd.. buh it also made north koreans look realliee barbaric. so yea.. i dint like tha thot of that too.. i dun kno, i hav mixed feelings about this movie

Old Post 01-05-2003 06:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote