Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > cloning human parts
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

cloning human parts

how do you feel about it?

I think it's a good idea but the chances of people misusing cloning is a very high risk to take. Scientist trying to play god i say when will people learn

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-17-2003 08:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AZN Pinoy BOI
..:SeNsei-Kun

i think it's a good idea, that way we can have more organs for people to have if they need a tranceplant. I don't mind the idea of playing god because they'l never b god

wana chat?
aim: LiQUiD PhLiP o1
xanga: AZNpinoyBOI

Old Post 05-17-2003 01:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for AZN Pinoy BOI Click here to Send AZN Pinoy BOI a Private Message Visit AZN Pinoy BOI's homepage! Find more posts by AZN Pinoy BOI Add AZN Pinoy BOI to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

quote:
Originally posted by AZN Pinoy BOI
i think it's a good idea, that way we can have more organs for people to have if they need a tranceplant. I don't mind the idea of playing god because they'l never b god

yes, you'll have more organs, but technically, you are killing the clone. you are bringing a person to life for the sole purpose of using their organs on someone else. it's similar to slaughtering cows and pigs, only i'm not against that as for playing god, that's morally wrong to me.

Old Post 05-18-2003 01:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Cloning debate ver. 5.2!!!

quote:
Originally posted by kryogenix
yes, you'll have more organs, but technically, you are killing the clone. you are bringing a person to life for the sole purpose of using their organs on someone else. it's similar to slaughtering cows and pigs, only i'm not against that as for playing god, that's morally wrong to me.

All right, cloning human parts would not really have to involve a whole person to be formed, just that specific organ.

Old Post 05-19-2003 01:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rawr itz errinn
Rawr~ SX! vrooooom!!

the debate over cloning is just like that of abortion and nuclear weapons and all the other big issues that politicians scratch their heads over. if used in a moral way, sure, many people won't have a problem with it. however, i don't think society is THAT innocent and "nice". call me a pessimist if you will, but humans in general have become so damn corrupted, we'll take advantage of anything we can get our hands on.

people have such a thirst for knowledge and it creates barriers that are infinite... meaning, i guess... there is no limit. we'll never stop wanting to push our knowledge, technology, science etc to its limit. yes, i think cloning is immoral. yes, i think those that clone humans are trying to play God. yes, i'm totally against it... but it seems like it can't be stopped. today, it seems inevitable. don't get me wrong. having extra organs so that people can live is great. the amount of time and effort put into this... to get us where we are in knowledge today is unbelievable; and yes, it's something to be proud of. but not something to be arrogant about. there were claims that a human baby had been cloned. they called her "eve". now please tell me that's not mocking God.

Old Post 05-20-2003 02:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rawr itz errinn Click here to Send rawr itz errinn a Private Message Find more posts by rawr itz errinn Add rawr itz errinn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

People who design vehicles are trying to play God, so are people who design bombs and manipulate electricity. A camera(Non-digital) steals your soul etc.

Old Post 05-24-2003 01:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GinaDaQueen

ok, instead of tossing out big words to sound intelligent, i'm just going to express my opinion:

I think cloning body parts is a good thing, because a lot of people die from not finding a donor if they're sick and stuff. I mean, since people are so greedy and aren't willing to give up their body parts when they die, we can't just have anyone dying off because a person with the same blood match doesn't have "donor" written on their license (or wherver it's written). Furthermore, I think that cloning is just as bad as any other scientific discoveries because in a sense, these scientists are still trying to play God. So, I do have to agree with Alchemist.

Old Post 06-13-2003 09:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GinaDaQueen Click here to Send GinaDaQueen a Private Message Find more posts by GinaDaQueen Add GinaDaQueen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by GinaDaQueen
ok, instead of tossing out big words to sound intelligent, i'm just going to express my opinion:

Thank you so much.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 06-14-2003 05:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OneWeCallOMEGA

quote:
Originally posted by kryogenix

Would it really be killing the clone if it had never been awake to see reality in the first place? Would the clone even know of its existense? No, all you would be doing is making something breathing stop breathing. It would be beneficial to use the parts to save lives.

As for playing god... that's your own belief i guess. Creating and ending life can't be helped in any case. The only difference from a clone and a baby being born out of a wome is that the different ways each happens, but both are creating new life, what's the real difference? It's not like you are coppying the person's memories, you would only be coppying their physical traits.

Old Post 06-14-2003 05:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for OneWeCallOMEGA Click here to Send OneWeCallOMEGA a Private Message Find more posts by OneWeCallOMEGA Add OneWeCallOMEGA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

What if you copied the memories and the clone didn’t wake up to see reality. Would it count as killing then?

Old Post 06-22-2003 12:31 AM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

i would say killing is the destruction of physical life, not the destruction of memories or something. The person does not have to be conscious in order to be killed. But in the case of cloning human parts, the parts will be used and then not killed...i do not see how you people think it is killing something. It is being used, not killed. Though i must digress i have not read the thread haha.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 07-01-2003 07:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

organs, specifically... yeserie!

Old Post 07-03-2003 06:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
Originally posted by AZN Pinoy BOI
I don't mind the idea of playing god because they'l never b god

i dunno they hav been gettin fairly close. able 2 create an animal is pretty close 2 givin life. personally they r dealin wit somethin we really got no idea about.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 07-08-2003 11:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote