Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > goodness of mankind
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kangg fu

goodness of mankind

do you think think goodness of mankind exists? never was? i personally believe in the goodness of mankind...even if the numbers are falling...for those people i still believe in you..this is somewhat a vague topic..opinion..thoughts..

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-07-2003 06:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kangg fu Click here to Send kangg fu a Private Message Find more posts by kangg fu Add kangg fu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

just saying, but i really don't like "common man" linguistics...

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 04-07-2003 09:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

Generalizing man is like answering E=mc˛. It's impossible and generally you're wrong as it is.

Old Post 04-07-2003 03:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for requiem Click here to Send requiem a Private Message Find more posts by requiem Add requiem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kangg fu

ok

ok

Old Post 04-07-2003 08:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kangg fu Click here to Send kangg fu a Private Message Find more posts by kangg fu Add kangg fu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

quote:
Originally posted by requiem
Generalizing man is like answering E=mc˛. It's impossible and generally you're wrong as it is.

umm that equation can be solved. u just used generally and your point was that there is no general answer to the question.

Old Post 04-28-2003 03:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Click here to Send .aS.|5p!7f!|23 a Private Message Find more posts by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Add .aS.|5p!7f!|23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

Answer it.
You can't - you don't have a mass or the energy involved. Hence, answering it is impossible. That is what I meant. Generalizing man is equally impossible.

Old Post 04-28-2003 10:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for requiem Click here to Send requiem a Private Message Find more posts by requiem Add requiem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

two of the three must be given to you in the first place if you want to call it a problem and not a formula. i agree that generalizing man is impossible but i just dont see eye to eye with your example.

Old Post 04-28-2003 11:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Click here to Send .aS.|5p!7f!|23 a Private Message Find more posts by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Add .aS.|5p!7f!|23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

One is a constant so it's only one out of two.
But I see what you mean. It was a long time ago that I made that post anyway.

Old Post 04-29-2003 01:15 AM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

i think the point that requiem was making is that there isn't one single answer to E = MC^2. Saying htere is only one answer is generalizing; however, he doesn't exclude the possibilities of actual answers being yielded through that equation. Actual answers yielded with values given to solve for whatever would not be generalizations to the extent that requiem is talking about, it'd be more of a case by case thing.

E = MC^2 doesn't have an answer, it has many. That's the point i think. Correct me if i'm wrong please.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 04-29-2003 03:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
i think the point that requiem was making is that there isn't one single answer to E = MC^2. Saying htere is only one answer is generalizing; however, he doesn't exclude the possibilities of actual answers being yielded through that equation. Actual answers yielded with values given to solve for whatever would not be generalizations to the extent that requiem is talking about, it'd be more of a case by case thing.

E = MC^2 doesn't have an answer, it has many. That's the point i think. Correct me if i'm wrong please.

Ding ding ding!! Ladies and gentlemen we have a winner!
We also lack prizes. Good night.

Old Post 04-29-2003 04:03 AM
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
Generalizing man is equally impossible.

i agree. every human has 1 thing in common. that they r different.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 04-30-2003 01:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Spuzzter

I'm sorry, but what numbers prove otherwise? Crime has actually been dropping within the past decade. Media coverage, on the other hand, has increased exponentially.

Old Post 04-30-2003 03:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Spuzzter Click here to Send Spuzzter a Private Message Find more posts by Spuzzter Add Spuzzter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rawr itz errinn
Rawr~ SX! vrooooom!!

Re: goodness of mankind

quote:
Originally posted by kangg fu
do you think think goodness of mankind exists? never was? i personally believe in the goodness of mankind...even if the numbers are falling...for those people i still believe in you..this is somewhat a vague topic..opinion..thoughts..

i dont know about the goodness of mankind... well, i'm not even sure what you mean by "goodness". are you referring to the overall image? anyhow, since i'm not sure about that... well, i think the intention of man wanting to be a good person still exists for many people. but what we intend to do and what we actually do don't always go hand in hand with each other.

Old Post 05-20-2003 02:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rawr itz errinn Click here to Send rawr itz errinn a Private Message Find more posts by rawr itz errinn Add rawr itz errinn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman

yeah, the E, M and C are all variables...

Old Post 05-20-2003 08:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kangg fu

hmm

my bad what rawr itz errinn was what i meant...he intention...the potential...

Old Post 05-24-2003 05:26 AM
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

quote:
Originally posted by kryogenix
yeah, the E, M and C are all variables...

C is not a variable, C is a constant
3x10^8 m/s (speed of light)

Old Post 05-24-2003 05:00 PM
kryogenix
Ghost

quote:
C is not a variable, C is a constant
3x10^8 m/s (speed of light)

sorry, my mistake...

Old Post 05-27-2003 07:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GinaDaQueen

instead of generalizing mankind... I can say that goodness does exist, but I don't think it exists in every single person. But, it does exist.

Old Post 06-13-2003 09:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GinaDaQueen Click here to Send GinaDaQueen a Private Message Find more posts by GinaDaQueen Add GinaDaQueen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote