Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > Eradication of AIDS
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kryogenix
Ghost

Eradication of AIDS

What do you think is the best possible way of eradicating the AIDS virus? Vaccine or cure seems far away, so I only consider that killing HIV positive people or isolating them from the public. Any thoughts?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-13-2003 07:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

I think your idea is terrible. I think research should continue until a cure is found. I'm sure by the time that we have the HIV problem and the AIDS problem solved, that there could be a new supervirus that we'll have to deal with.

Old Post 02-13-2003 07:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

would you want your father or mother to be killed just because they had aids? no. think before you speak. and even if your plan was in affect, you would never be able to find EVERYONE infected with the disease

Old Post 02-13-2003 08:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
Originally posted by AjY 2k
and even if your plan was in affect, you would never be able to find EVERYONE infected with the disease

yea i do believe there hav been those adds sayin 1/3 of the pop wit HIV doesnt kno it. so how r u plannin for all of us to kno if the people wit it even dont...

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 02-13-2003 09:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

thats like saying lets kill all the retarded people and not allow people to reproduce after 35. just aint gonna happen. you cant get every single person with hiv no matter what you do. even if u made it world wide it would just outbreak again when the one tribe in africa that wasnt found spreads it all over again.

Old Post 02-13-2003 10:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Click here to Send .aS.|5p!7f!|23 a Private Message Find more posts by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Add .aS.|5p!7f!|23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by .aS.|5p!7f!|23
thats like saying lets kill all the retarded people and not allow people to reproduce after 35. just aint gonna happen. you cant get every single person with hiv no matter what you do. even if u made it world wide it would just outbreak again when the one tribe in africa that wasnt found spreads it all over again.

Actually it's more like saying killing/isolating all the retarted people is the only to stop it.

He never actually proposed that method of stopping AIDS, he just said that he considers it the only possible way as of right now.

Old Post 02-14-2003 02:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

even though you don't say you want to do that, you did say that you think that's the "best" way right now...i think it's a dumb idea.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 02-14-2003 09:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

Re: Eradication of AIDS

quote:
Originally posted by kryogenix
What do you think is the best possible way of eradicating the AIDS virus? Vaccine or cure seems far away, so I only consider that killing HIV positive people or isolating them from the public. Any thoughts?

hmm..i believe the description of yourself under your username is incorrect.
Instead of "unbearably cynical", make it "unbearably retarded"

regardless, the french have a potential vaccine being tested as we speak, thereby nullifying your temporal assumption.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 02-17-2003 12:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

even though i hate you, i love you at the same time

Old Post 02-17-2003 12:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Re: Re: Eradication of AIDS

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
hmm..i believe the description of yourself under your username is incorrect.
Instead of "unbearably cynical", make it "unbearably retarded"

Well if he did that then it wouldn't be a correct description either.

Internet, I never thought it would be this amazing...

Old Post 02-17-2003 02:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

Re: Re: Re: Eradication of AIDS

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist
Well if he did that then it wouldn't be a correct description either.

Internet, I never thought it would be this amazing...

hahaha deb8ter always makes fun of people.

Old Post 02-17-2003 06:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Click here to Send .aS.|5p!7f!|23 a Private Message Find more posts by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Add .aS.|5p!7f!|23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

ahhh yes the old fashion contain and control idea of gettin rid of diseases. hmmm good idea i wonder why we didnt use it for the flu, everyone that gets a cold, yellow fever, cancer, and all the other diseases in the world. first no one and i mean no one in the UN or any nation would let such an idea pass u would never be able 2 do it so im not even goin 2 say why its such a bad idea.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 02-18-2003 12:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

Aids

Please do not ridicule my suggestions when you don't have a better one. this method was used to eradicate leprosy, look, how many people have leprosy? how many people have aids? you compare this to killing retards. being retarded is not a disease, it is a birth defect. it can't be spread. so before you make fun of me, think. I guess you didn't realize that, because you are "unbearably retarded." if i had aids, i would gladly relocate or submit to death if my plan went in to effect. i asked for better ways for curing it, not for your resentment. if you do find one, come back, but if you don't do not come back.

Old Post 02-18-2003 01:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

Everyone would disappear...

lol, I think we can think of better solutions than that... perhaps disabling the people who are HIV/AIDS positive from having children? but again plays the factor of people who have HIV or AIDS don't know that they do...

I don't think we'll find a cure in our lifetime... knowing that technology and science is mostly steering down the road of new inventions of wants and clones (which I absolutely do not see the use for... no David, I will not argue )...

Old Post 02-18-2003 02:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

Re: Aids

quote:
Originally posted by kryogenix
I guess you didn't realize that, because you are "unbearably retarded."...i asked for better ways for curing it, not for your resentment. if you do find one, come back, but if you don't do not come back.

Yes, and i suppose you didn't even bother reading the rest of my post. Keep up on world affairs little man: The French are well underway to creating a plausible vaccine for the aids virus.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 02-18-2003 06:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by Ladi Jay
Everyone would disappear...

lol, I think we can think of better solutions than that... perhaps disabling the people who are HIV/AIDS positive from having children? but again plays the factor of people who have HIV or AIDS don't know that they do...

I don't think we'll find a cure in our lifetime... knowing that technology and science is mostly steering down the road of new inventions of wants and clones (which I absolutely do not see the use for... no David, I will not argue )...

not that there's anything wrong with it, but you people who are proposing these solutions are being very inhumane and selfish. Getting rid of AIDS isn't that much of an imperative that we have to clean our race through isolation and death.

Anyway haha don't worry i won't debate that again with you julie there's a cloning thread if anyone wants to check it out.

However, i would like to say that i think your view of science very wrong. We aren't steering fown the road of new inventions of wants anad clones, we are progressing like we used to it's just that in the news we see news in clones, but there are more innovations being found all the time, we just don't hear about it on the common news.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 02-18-2003 10:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Ladi Jay
knowing that technology and science is mostly steering down the road of new inventions of wants and clones (which I absolutely do not see the use for... no David, I will not argue )...

You obviously don't know what the fuck you're talking about by simply grouping all the goals presented by science and technology into a your little term: "wants and clones."
wants? be more specific. Everyone WANTs to be healthy and live a life at ease. In that case, tech and science is a good thing. What's your point?
Seriously, read up on some shit. Not all science and technology is dedicated towards cloning. Not even a major part- in fact, cloning and genetic research departments around the globe are heavily underfunded.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 02-18-2003 10:44 PM
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

I read something about malariotherapy the other day. here it is

Although it seems dangerous, I can see how it makes sense. Whether it will catch on I cannot say but it seems interesting to say the least. I think with the state AIDS is in we need to try something like this if safer alternatives fail.

Old Post 02-19-2003 02:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for requiem Click here to Send requiem a Private Message Find more posts by requiem Add requiem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merc

Re: Re: Aids

quote:
Yes, and i suppose you didn't even bother reading the rest of my post. Keep up on world affairs little man: The French are well underway to creating a plausible vaccine for the aids virus.

Yes, there are many companies out there progressing in the chase for a vaccine. Some are even at the final stages of human testing. Here's an excerpt from the IAVI or Internation Aids vaccine Initiative:

"Since the 2000 International AIDS Conference, AIDS vaccine research has taken important steps forward. Notably, pharmaceutical giants Merck & Co. and GlaxoSmithKline have unveiled sizable vaccine programs and pushed products into human testing. An IAVI-UK-Kenya team moved a candidate from early to intermediate human trials, soon to expand to Uganda. Aventis Pasteur, VaxGen and the US government are taking a vaccine into final-phase study, the second to reach this milestone."

"Truth is not determined by how many people believe it."

"All the darkness in the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle."

Old Post 02-19-2003 10:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for merc Click here to Send merc a Private Message Find more posts by merc Add merc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

quote:
You obviously don't know what the fuck you're talking about by simply grouping all the goals presented by science and technology into a your little term: "wants and clones."
wants? be more specific. Everyone WANTs to be healthy and live a life at ease. In that case, tech and science is a good thing. What's your point?

Now, when did I say that tech and science is not a good thing? I think it's great but we can do better things. In wants I mean things that people want---Neccesities that aren't as necessary as being "healthy and live a life at ease." Besides, I didn't say that ALL of todays tech and science is used for my "little term" wants and needs. BTW, how does cloning help someone who "wants to be healthy and live a life at ease"?

quote:

Seriously, read up on some shit. Not all science and technology is dedicated towards cloning. Not even a major part- in fact,

I read enough to have an opinion of my own. again, I didn't say that all of today's tech and science is going towards wants and needs.

quote:

cloning and genetic research departments around the globe are heavily underfunded.

GREAT!

Old Post 02-20-2003 12:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote