Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Cars > GS430 or 540i 6
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
A B FLuG 05

GS430 or 540i 6

wuts ur opinion

Lexus GS430 or BMW 540i 6speed

if im allowed to drive a manual i'll get the 5... but if im not the GS is a much better deal... plus more aftermarket parts are available (i plan to get a full l-sportine kit with a front veilside hood and greddy PX exhaust).. for the beamer all u can really do is like an M-technic kit ant a dinan ecu chip... any major engine tuning costs way to much

so right now basically im siding with the GS430 (dammit they shud have it available in a 6.. or at least special order)

wut do u think

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-05-2003 07:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for A B FLuG 05 Click here to Send A B FLuG 05 a Private Message Find more posts by A B FLuG 05 Add A B FLuG 05 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
indecisive
the Deranged one

I'd go for the bimmer but that's cuz I'm a total bimmer enthusiast. as for modding. there's more options than just m-technic.

if you can't drive stick then ask about smg upgrade. it might be available for new models. I know it's an available upgrade for the E46 M3.

I dunno about 5 series but for 3 series you can go with ac shcnizer(sp?), Racing Dynamics, Reiger just to name a few. for lighting you can go to mts, hella, etc... the 5 series already has angel eyes and maybe HID..or at least H3 bulbs so lighting prolly won't be a concern.

there's lots of options bodywise for bmw.

as for performance, like you said, ECU and a CAI(Cold AIr Intake) are probably your best bets. if you wanna dish out more cash you can go for like performance exhuast, cam shaft, headers, etc...

but I were going for a bimmer I'd go for a 3 series. they're smaller and they look better in my opinion.

Shift_

"cuz no matter how long U've known them or how well U think U know them..the friendship can be over in a second" ~Indecisive

"you don't realize how much of a luxury cup holders are until you don't have em" ~Indecisive

Old Post 01-05-2003 09:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for indecisive Click here to Send indecisive a Private Message Find more posts by indecisive Add indecisive to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

i think the new bmws look like shit

Old Post 01-05-2003 09:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A B FLuG 05

does anyone knoe when they plan to produce the 5 series in a newer body style like the 7 and 6? some pics would be nice

Old Post 01-05-2003 06:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for A B FLuG 05 Click here to Send A B FLuG 05 a Private Message Find more posts by A B FLuG 05 Add A B FLuG 05 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

my mom has tha GS.. and its great!! so far it never wwent badd.. and still in great condition. we had it for 2 years. my dad got it checked couple months ago, and it had no problems.

Old Post 01-05-2003 07:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

15 year olds dont desserve either.. no matter what they do..

my hyungs would kick ma ass and teach me a bit of humility before i get my parents to buy me something like that.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 01-05-2003 10:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

WUIHTT!!! hes 15 and trying to get one of those cars??!?! wtf.. and i thot my rsx wuz WAYY too much for mee..

my mom dint get tha gs til her age 2 years ago.. ahahaha and your trying to get one?!?! dangg..

i would get my ass kiked and mugged if i wuz rocking one of those..

Old Post 01-05-2003 10:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A B FLuG 05

um well iono my school has a lot of nice cars so chances are i wouldnt get mine touch... they would touch the M3 and the CLK500 or the G35 coupe in the lot first b4 touching mine... plus my bro has a C32 and his has never gotten keyed scratched or anything

Old Post 01-06-2003 03:54 AM
Street RSX

dangg.. rich town.. haha i guess thas a whole different story then..

Old Post 01-06-2003 02:01 PM
aka
the one and only

if u want stick..get the 540i...that thing is SO fast....
if u can't drive stick...get..the..umm..new m5 :) it duzn't come in manual at all..just smg..wit auto mode..

Old Post 01-08-2003 12:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aka Click here to Send aka a Private Message Visit aka's homepage! Find more posts by aka Add aka to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A B FLuG 05

m5 my ass.. i cant get any car that is considered a sport car (parents complain about insurance)

Old Post 01-08-2003 04:04 AM
aka
the one and only

lol..i wuz jp.. but..i would be surprised if the 540i wuzn't considered a sports car..that thing is a beast. actually..may i recomend an A6? thats a pretty nice car...4wd too!

Old Post 01-08-2003 06:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aka Click here to Send aka a Private Message Visit aka's homepage! Find more posts by aka Add aka to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

G35 Coupe.

Props To Huby

Old Post 01-08-2003 10:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A B FLuG 05

cannot get a coupe and cannot get audi dad hates audi cuz he got hit and he still in pain

Old Post 01-09-2003 12:08 AM
aka
the one and only

hmm..how about an...hmm..is 300..or is that too small? if ur lookin for cheap performance..go for the up coming wrx sti.

Old Post 01-10-2003 03:49 AM
k M i n G

no i need a big bodied car that is safe...

Old Post 01-10-2003 04:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for k M i n G Click here to Send k M i n G a Private Message Find more posts by k M i n G Add k M i n G to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

man.. if you got the 540i and got that dinan supercharger it'd be one hell of a fast car. i think the supercharged dinan 540 has the same specs as the m5. right? other than the suspension and crap. like performance wise.

Props To Huby

Old Post 01-11-2003 02:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

btw..the 04' 3 Series dont look that bad.

Props To Huby

Old Post 01-11-2003 02:26 AM
k M i n G

post some of the 3 for me

and yea if u put the dinan supercharger and dinan hi flow exhaust it will be about he same specs as a m5.. juss like 130 lbs less torque.. but horsepower wise is the same.. i was looking at the dyno comparisons and they preform about the same..

Old Post 01-11-2003 02:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for k M i n G Click here to Send k M i n G a Private Message Find more posts by k M i n G Add k M i n G to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aka
the one and only

quote:
Originally posted by k M i n G
no i need a big bodied car that is safe...

3 series bmw is smaller than the IS300.

Old Post 01-11-2003 04:15 AM