Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Sports and Fitness > Tennis Conditioning
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
merdawg
: My Avatar is So CUTE :

Tennis Conditioning

All the tennis players....Holla Back!!!

Lol...so my tennis season starts in March...and im already starting to get conditioned. Anyone suggest any workouts i should add to my conditioning? This is going to be my junior year of Varsity tennis...so im trying to get into the best shape of life.. Hook me up with sum advice

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-21-2002 11:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for merdawg Click here to Send merdawg a Private Message Find more posts by merdawg Add merdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
uNiece
GOING DEEPER

court lines! yeah!

He remembered us when we were in trouble. His love continues forever. PSALM 136:23

Old Post 11-22-2002 01:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for uNiece Click here to Send uNiece a Private Message Find more posts by uNiece Add uNiece to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

Run forwards and backwards.
Run side to side.
Do pullups (not conditioning but important)
For conditioning in general running is very good along with swimming.

If you plan on weight training play CONSISTENTLY so you can gauge how much your strength changes.

Old Post 11-22-2002 01:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for requiem Click here to Send requiem a Private Message Find more posts by requiem Add requiem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merdawg

quote:
Originally posted by uNiece
court lines! yeah!

lol...its pretty hard to do suicides in the winter...

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee

Old Post 11-22-2002 02:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for merdawg Click here to Send merdawg a Private Message Find more posts by merdawg Add merdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
castle outsider

running is good..hmm..yea swimming is good too..juss rally with some of the good people and then i guess itll be good

Old Post 11-22-2002 05:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for castle outsider Click here to Send castle outsider a Private Message Visit castle outsider's homepage! Find more posts by castle outsider Add castle outsider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
uNiece
GOING DEEPER

quote:
Originally posted by merdawg

lol...its pretty hard to do suicides in the winter...

ahahaha.. sorry. it's still over 80 degrees here in so. california... :satisfy:

He remembered us when we were in trouble. His love continues forever. PSALM 136:23

Old Post 11-23-2002 02:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for uNiece Click here to Send uNiece a Private Message Find more posts by uNiece Add uNiece to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

quote:
Originally posted by uNiece

ahahaha.. sorry. it's still over 80 degrees here in so. california... :satisfy:

Sure rub it in

Old Post 11-23-2002 03:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for requiem Click here to Send requiem a Private Message Find more posts by requiem Add requiem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

i hav sum frenz in tennis..they're on varsity i think and didn't hav ne conditioning at all but durin the summer mai frend regaled me w stories of thousands of boring and tiring lil drills...side to side, court lines, etc. those help i guess, but it seems like busy work

Old Post 11-25-2002 03:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iTsmeehLita
lita lita

well this was back when i played tennis for highschool ... but my coach made us:

run bleachers!! we were all like WTF!!! we're tennis players! not track runners ..

but it seriously helps to improve your endurance ... it hurts your thighs like heck but i guess it's worth it when it pumps you up during your game.

Old Post 11-25-2002 11:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for iTsmeehLita Click here to Send iTsmeehLita a Private Message Find more posts by iTsmeehLita Add iTsmeehLita to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

run stairs

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 11-26-2002 04:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Tennis conditioning in our school was messed up, 3 mins of running, if even that. There's a new physical trainer starting programs for each sport. Girls tennis had it, so boys tennis will probably have it as well.

Old Post 11-26-2002 06:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
uNiece
GOING DEEPER

quote:
Originally posted by iTsmeehLita
well this was back when i played tennis for highschool ... but my coach made us:

run bleachers!! we were all like WTF!!! we're tennis players! not track runners ..

but it seriously helps to improve your endurance ... it hurts your thighs like heck but i guess it's worth it when it pumps you up during your game.

heehee.. i had to do bleachers too in sophomore year. really made my legs disproportioned to the rest of my body... :sad:

Old Post 11-27-2002 11:45 PM
tea
Official Pothead

suicides are fun! i had to do those for bball...

wait..no i didnt like them

Old Post 11-27-2002 11:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A B FLuG 05

um well i consider myself a pretty serious tennis player... i mean tehere is no off season for me...

um to stay in shape i run at least 2 miles a day, 100 incline pushups, i play 2 hrs mon wed fri, take privates on tues and thurs, and have tournaments sat and sun

my advice is run W like 10 times a day if u knoe wut im talkin about... work on ur calves more then anything.. by juss running miles at a time... eat rite, drink the rite stuff... go out and hit like a few times a week with some decent people and u shud be set by "tennis season"

if u have a local club around you im sure they run clinics so hop in a few

Old Post 12-08-2002 09:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for A B FLuG 05 Click here to Send A B FLuG 05 a Private Message Find more posts by A B FLuG 05 Add A B FLuG 05 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by A B FLuG 05
um well i consider myself a pretty serious tennis player

are you ranked?

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 12-09-2002 12:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merdawg

wat are "W" runs?

Old Post 12-09-2002 02:11 AM
DarkPrince

All I saw in the threads above is talking about conditioning and running endurance, but y'all dunno one method that does a lot of helpful stuff during a match. I used to play tennis in my high school years ( 4 yrs straight.) and apparently freshman in college. U know what you can do? Most important thing in tennis is the ground strokes, overheads, and volleys. If you're a tennis player, then you know what I'm talking about. Strong and aggressive ground strokes help a lot in a match. Here's my way: Tie couple pounds of weight on your racket (depend on how much weight your handle can handle.) and practice your ground stroke swings along with your RIGHT form, indoor or outdoor doesn't matter. Of course by doing this method, you'll ruin that one string of your. But how much a string cost? not that much! Keep on practicing this method daily and you'll see the improvement on your ground strokes or serves. Have fun...tennis rule baby!

Old Post 12-10-2002 03:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DarkPrince Click here to Send DarkPrince a Private Message Find more posts by DarkPrince Add DarkPrince to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by DarkPrince
Tie couple pounds of weight on your racket (depend on how much weight your handle can handle.) and practice your ground stroke swings along with your RIGHT form,

there are lead strips you can buy that attach onto your frame that serve the same purpose as those tied on weights you mention.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 12-10-2002 05:07 AM
A B FLuG 05

down dere

Old Post 12-10-2002 05:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for A B FLuG 05 Click here to Send A B FLuG 05 a Private Message Find more posts by A B FLuG 05 Add A B FLuG 05 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A B FLuG 05

my year end 14s national is like 111
my 16's in socal is 82
16's national is 194
my ITF is like 700 suffin
my ATP is 1064 (i one one round in mbz qualifying)
im training full time at the Weil Tennis Academy over the summer and next semester

i juss signed for 3 years with kirschbaum, i get promo pricing on all nike gear, and i stay with head until i switch
i use an I.Prestige Midplus 4 3/8 with 2 layers (5 1/2 inches) on the sides, 4 inches (onle layer, 4 strips) in the handle, I string with Kirschbaum Super Smash Spiky with 60 M and 62 C (as in LEAD TAPE)

leading ur racquet wont make u "stronger, or in better shape" its a half a gram (every 3 inches) and juss makes it so ur racquet is more powerful or evenly balanced... i put on the side for power and handle for volleys

another thing the worst thing to do is max out.. u can bench and shit and leg lifts but never max...

and ur rong most important thing in tennis is footwork

whats groundstrokes, serves, and volleys, overheads without footwork u gotta be able to stop and go on a dime

groundstrokes (in high school tennis) dont need to be heavy.. the key is be consistent and be able to develop some huge topspin...

keep your balls deep and rush the net.. most "season players" dont take the ball on the rise

W runs are um

you start at the farthest doubles sideline and at the net... you run back that line... side to the single sideline and sprint up... touch the net and run back to the service line... side to the T run up touch net.. run back side to the singles line run up run back side to the dbls line run up and repeat

Last edited by A B FLuG 05 on 12-10-2002 at 10:59 PM

Old Post 12-10-2002 05:32 AM