Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Relationships > Friends and Family > Being the Middle Child...
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

Unhappy Being the Middle Child...

is anybody here a middle child??

i'm a middle child and it sux @$$!! >_< i USE to like it.. back in the day in middle school and my first 2 years of high school, being the middle child was the best. i was mommy's favorite. ever since i was little, i never fussed much over anything. i was never a picky eater and i'd eat anything my mom made. but my older sister and younger sister were picky. they only ate wat they liked. so my mom said i was the easiest and best to take care of. and when i got older [middler school to 10th grade], my mom was one of my best friends. i told her everything about my crushes and how much i liked dis boy..... she wld understand and give me advice abt boys. back then i cld tell my mom everything... i trusted her wholeheartedly.

but now everything is different. i started dating at the end of my sophomore year.. [i'm going to be a senior now] it changed everything. mommy's favorite girl couldnt talk to mommy about how much she loves her boyfriend... why? becuz mommy doesnt like it when i date. she doesnt want her perfect lil angel to grow up and experience life by herself.. she wld criticize me all the time and our closeness grew distant.

and now it's 4th of july... it's 7pm and i'm home alone, eating dinner by myself. i went out earlier dis afternoon to my boyfriend's house for BBQ. i came back around 4pm and was gonna go back to the BBQ at 6pm. but my lil sis told me dat my parents talked to her... and they said its not good dat i go out too much cuz i act like i "dun have a family nemore" and dat all i care abt is my boyfriend. WHY are they saying dat abt me?? i CAME HOME at 4 to be home... and WHERE is my older sister dis whole time??? she left at 8am to go to her boyfriend's house which is 2 hours away! and she prolly wont be back until past midnight!! [cuz dats how she is...] why dun my parents say dat abt my older sis? wat did i do wrong?

so i decided to stay home for dinner instead of going back to the BBQ. but where are my parents now?? they went out to buy something and my mom said they're not eating dinner cuz they had a big lunch at a buffet. so i'm here HOME ALONE and eating dinner by MYSELF..... y do i even bother?!?!?!?

they treat me very unfairly now....... everything is different...... they let my older sis and younger sis get away wit EVERYTHING. but not me.... oh well.. times change, people change......

i dun even know if anybody will even bother reading dis... i just have to let out all my anger... :sad: i hate being the middle child... :sad:

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-05-2002 12:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

they probably feel the effects more because you used to be close to them. Maybe im talking outta my ass, but i think they feel betrayed because you're spending more time with your BF which indeed isn't neccesarily a bad thing, they (your parents) just have to realize that you aren't their little kid anymore.

That would probably take some time :huh:

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 07-05-2002 01:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Maybe you should try talking to you parents. It's tough but thats probably what you should do. Or maybe talk to a police officer.

Sorry, but there's nothing that we can do realistically, try talking to real people, it'll make you feel better.

Old Post 07-05-2002 10:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

yeah i tried talking but everytime i start, they always criticize me and take their anger out on me.......

sigh.. oh well..
thnx for helping :D appreciate it =)

Old Post 07-06-2002 03:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

quote:
Originally posted by UnisMuiMui
yeah i tried talking but everytime i start, they always criticize me and take their anger out on me.......

sigh.. oh well..
thnx for helping :D appreciate it =)

heh hmm. maybe you should try staying in their shoes. you know, look at it in their point of view. life is unfair.

Old Post 07-06-2002 03:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by krnxswat

heh hmm. maybe you should try staying in their shoes. you know, look at it in their point of view. life is unfair.

Yeah, try that, and if they did that too you'd get along better.

Old Post 07-09-2002 03:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

hmm...this mite seem like an odd suggestion and mite onli cause more trouble, but it's sumtin u can think about trying...

why not take your bf to spend time with your parents so they can see why you love him so much? by spending time with him and them at the same time, u'll show ur parents u still care and u'll be spendin time w/ ur bf.

Old Post 07-10-2002 03:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shaluski

well...

poor you...

i think being the eldest child like me isn't the best thing either, having to live up to everyone's expectations, having to shoulder more responsibility, etc...

everything has it's advantages and disadvantages... :huh:

Old Post 07-14-2002 07:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for shaluski Click here to Send shaluski a Private Message Find more posts by shaluski Add shaluski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

quote:
Originally posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM
hmm...this mite seem like an odd suggestion and mite onli cause more trouble, but it's sumtin u can think about trying...

why not take your bf to spend time with your parents so they can see why you love him so much? by spending time with him and them at the same time, u'll show ur parents u still care and u'll be spendin time w/ ur bf.

hehehe its not an odd suggestion =) i've tried dat before. they like him and everything... he eats dinner wit us at home, at restaurants, etc. but they just feel... *jealous*

and yeah i'm trying to understand their perspective... i feel bad for "abandoning" [as wat they wld say] them sometimes......... :sad:

Old Post 07-15-2002 03:59 AM
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

quote:
Originally posted by shaluski
well...

poor you...

i think being the eldest child like me isn't the best thing either, having to live up to everyone's expectations, having to shoulder more responsibility, etc...

everything has it's advantages and disadvantages... :huh:

yeah you're right abt how everything has its advantages and disadvantages... but even tho i'm the middle child, my parents treat me more like the eldest cuz they think i'm more responsible or something like dat. i'm always stuck wit being responsible for my younger sister >_< oh well...

hey shaluski... ur profile says ur from singapore? i'm from singapore too! but i live in the US now..

Old Post 07-15-2002 04:02 AM
shaluski

well, if your parents make you feel like the eldest child, maybe it's because you are more mature than the rest of the siblings... so maybe that's a plus point?

well, don't take that episode to heart. conflicts like that happen in everyday life, just stay and take it easy...

life is unfair and we win some, lose some...

heh, you were from singapore??? huh... i have been staying in singapore for my whole life!

Old Post 07-15-2002 08:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for shaluski Click here to Send shaluski a Private Message Find more posts by shaluski Add shaluski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiggaplease

This is pretty stereotypical, but it works in my case: If you're a middle son in the family, you'll appreciate not having to get too much attention from the family. Now that my older sister's out to college and I'm the older between my brother and myself, I get too much nagging and undue attention :(

Old Post 07-24-2002 10:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kiggaplease Click here to Send kiggaplease a Private Message Find more posts by kiggaplease Add kiggaplease to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
junjinluber33

im the first child... kekeke hopefully i get the nice car when i get my license~

click^ leave a msg in my chatter box!

team3 biotch! its da group blog

Old Post 07-25-2002 12:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for junjinluber33 Click here to Send junjinluber33 a Private Message Visit junjinluber33's homepage! Find more posts by junjinluber33 Add junjinluber33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
*supagirL*
your master

i'm a middle child

i'm a middle child and i actually like it- i used to not like it cuz i was always the one got blamed.. buh now.. it's aiite- they're both brothers.. and whether u liking the middle or not mostly depends on what kind of people the other two are.. and my older bro joined the marines so that's cool and like.. we both play counterstrike and iss fun cuz i own him lol
my lil bro iss cool too.. he gets really annoying but that's how younger siblings are to u usually- and for those of u that don't kno him.. he's really.. hmm. BIG.. lolz he's not chubby buh fat lol iss pretty funny.. he eats a lot- like every thirty minutes.. lol ne wayz yea
hahahahahaha i like being in the middle xP i have my many more reasons buh i don't feel like typing all of'em haha

Old Post 07-25-2002 11:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for *supagirL* Click here to Send *supagirL* a Private Message Visit *supagirL*'s homepage! Find more posts by *supagirL* Add *supagirL* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiggaplease

Now that I come to think of it, being the middle kiddo isn't too bad. I'm not the runt (or the pampered one), and I'm not the caretaker for my other sibs as the eldest child has to be.

Old Post 07-25-2002 11:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kiggaplease Click here to Send kiggaplease a Private Message Find more posts by kiggaplease Add kiggaplease to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

good for the both of u who posted above!

well my parents are gone for 2 weeks... they went to Saipan, near Guam, for a missions trip. and they treat me as if i'm the oldest and i have the most responsibilities. oh well.... i AM more mature than my older sis who is 18, almost 19!!! she's not a FOB but... she's taking English 104 in COLLEGE [which is BASIC level english, like ESOL-level english] and i'm taking AP ENGLISH in the fall!!! my english is better than hers.... and i'm more mature... oh well. sometimes i DO like being the middle... but not right now :huh:

Old Post 07-26-2002 12:00 AM
kiggaplease

--> which brings up a point. Unis, this is offtopic, but do you think that aim and forums lingo is busting up our conventional English reading and writing skills?

I think that my essays and general English comprehension stuff have gotten worse from loose talk online

Old Post 07-26-2002 12:19 AM
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

quote:
Originally posted by bckp
--> which brings up a point. Unis, this is offtopic, but do you think that aim and forums lingo is busting up our conventional English reading and writing skills?

I think that my essays and general English comprehension stuff have gotten worse from loose talk online

nope for me aim/online lingo dun "bust" up my reading and writing skills. i TYPE talking to ppl online using short-cut words like: that = dat.... this = dis. but when i type papers and essays, i use proper spelling. i dunno y but when i type on Word, i immediately type properly. and when i'm on AIM, i immediately type in lingo. and even when i'm typing lingo-style, my grammer isnt like bad or nething. i just type using short-cuts just cuz its faster

Old Post 07-26-2002 03:07 AM
Chinesegrl

i'm the middle child in my family and i get picked on by my older sis alot. it's like when she went to middle school she became alot angrier and more violent. now she's in high school and she brings guys to her room and they doesn't leave until the next morning. she also went to a bbq and didn't come home until morning. my parents are thinking of kicking her out of the house since all she does is back talk to my parents and pick on me and my lil brother.
it's kinda scary...

Last edited by Chinesegrl on 08-23-2002 at 07:55 PM

Old Post 08-23-2002 07:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chinesegrl Click here to Send Chinesegrl a Private Message Visit Chinesegrl's homepage! Find more posts by Chinesegrl Add Chinesegrl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

well unis..i hav a frend hu's like that. he has an older sis and a younger bro and he's treated like the first born child i guess....but if ur parents treat u that way, that just means they trust u more and ur more responsible than ur older sib. thaz a good thing

ur complaining bout havin too many things to do, rite? and these things shudn't be bestowed on a middle child cuz...wut? i notice that middle children are usualli ignored cuz the first is important cuz they're the FIRST and the youngest is just so cute () so mommi and daddi hav to spoil them. if ur the middle child but ur treated like the oldest, thaz very rare and ur very special. that shud giv ur older sis sumtin to think about

Old Post 08-24-2002 09:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote