Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Sports and Fitness > US Open
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
merdawg
: My Avatar is So CUTE :

US Open

who do you guys think will win this slam? who are your favorites.

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-18-2003 05:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for merdawg Click here to Send merdawg a Private Message Find more posts by merdawg Add merdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

its too bad the old school guys like sampras, martin, henman, and the like are showing up less and less- although we can always rely on agassi to make a showing.

I hope Roger Federer can get the title- he's a great all-around player: good court sense, amazing shotmaking and is comfortable up at net.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 08-20-2003 08:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merdawg

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
its too bad the old school guys like sampras, martin, henman, and the like are showing up less and less- although we can always rely on agassi to make a showing.

I hope Roger Federer can get the title- he's a great all-around player: good court sense, amazing shotmaking and is comfortable up at net.

yea...sampras and rafter...ahhh, those were the days. y did they have to leave?!?! agassi and federer are my top 2 picks. right now, roddick is playing the best tennis in the men's game, but i dont think he will win the open.

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee

Old Post 08-20-2003 01:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for merdawg Click here to Send merdawg a Private Message Find more posts by merdawg Add merdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

agassi or federer will probably win. roddick needs a little more experience

Old Post 08-27-2003 11:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merdawg

quote:
Originally posted by kryogenix
agassi or federer will probably win. roddick needs a little more experience

now that i think of it, roddick and federer are both in the bottom half. most likely, they will meet in the semis, and agassi would have no problem in his half. if federer and roddick meet in the semis, it will be one hell of a match making the winner pretty exhausted giving a big advantage to agassi. so right now...i would pick agassi to win. ill keep watching federer to see if he wants it bad enuff.

Old Post 08-28-2003 04:08 AM
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

Roddick defeated Federer the last time they met (couple weeks ago i think) at a lead-up tournament. He had to play one hell of a match though. Any less of an effort, and he would've gone down pretty quick

I'm actually hoping for Phillipoussis to pull through- he's been one of my favorites for a long time, and he could've done some great things if not for his many injuries and such.

Too bad Safin the temper tantrum king doesn't seem to be in the draw. We're missing out on a couple of great moments

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 08-28-2003 05:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merdawg

i think there is going to be a rivalry that will develop between federer and roddick. quite possibly a hyped up version of pete and andre.

we mus not forget about safin tho. so much talent. he just needs to get it together and put that talent into use.

Old Post 08-28-2003 03:39 PM
kryogenix
Ghost

am i the only one who thinks tod martin should retire?

Old Post 08-30-2003 08:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

he's getting old but his game is still going strong.

He should retire once his game gets to Michael Chang's present level.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 08-30-2003 09:35 PM
merdawg

update, todd martin just beat robby ginepri. he's still going strong man.

Old Post 08-31-2003 04:19 AM
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

nice, great showing by Todd Martin.

I've had a grudge against Ginepri ever since he got spanked by hewitt last year in the Aussie open (i think), which made him get pissed off and start punching the umpire's chair because of a call that didn't go his way.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 08-31-2003 04:50 AM
kryogenix
Ghost

awww... blake lost to federer but dent won

Old Post 09-02-2003 01:02 AM
merdawg

federer is such a great player. blake needs to work on his mental strength, he gives up balls wen he "thinks" he cant get to them wen in reality, he is one of the fastest ppl on the court. i wasnt surprised blake lost in straight sets.

Old Post 09-02-2003 02:10 AM
kryogenix
Ghost

i'm glad el aynaoui won, he's got a lot of energy but i'm pretty sure he can't beat roddick, federer or agassi

Old Post 09-02-2003 02:48 AM
kryogenix
Ghost

uh oh, dent may upset agassi... however if he does, he won't win against roddick or federer, will he?

Old Post 09-03-2003 02:04 AM
merdawg

i think if dent didnt have the hamstring problem, he could have beaten agassi, but now federer or roddick. roddick's serve is too big, and federer is too smart. not saying agassi isn't smart.

Old Post 09-03-2003 03:19 AM
kryogenix
Ghost

it's funny how this is a three person thread

Old Post 09-03-2003 08:00 PM
merdawg

quote:
Originally posted by kryogenix
it's funny how this is a three person thread

its alright, atleast we are sharing eachother's opinions and at the same time maybe learning something new.

Old Post 09-03-2003 08:12 PM
kryogenix
Ghost

i can't believe that we've neglected the women's tennis. without the williams sisters, a lot of people have a chance to win.

Old Post 09-04-2003 11:45 PM
merdawg

federer aka basel-dazzle lost. now i think roddick is going to win.

as for the women, i'm pulling for justin henin-hardenne. i love anyone with a one-handed backhand.

Old Post 09-05-2003 12:26 AM