Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Cars > Mazda RX-8
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Azn2296

Mazda RX-8

post some pic here.. i wanna get this car.. its niceee

My Xanga

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-29-2003 02:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Azn2296 Click here to Send Azn2296 a Private Message Visit Azn2296's homepage! Find more posts by Azn2296 Add Azn2296 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merc

The Comeback of the Rotary Engine
"Renesis Rotary"

merc has attached this image:

"Truth is not determined by how many people believe it."

"All the darkness in the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle."

Old Post 03-30-2003 12:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for merc Click here to Send merc a Private Message Find more posts by merc Add merc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
v8what?
DSM > You

It looks really good in real life. Alot of the pictures dont do it justice. It has the lines of older Japanese sports cars.

Still, it needs torque. You can rev the shit out of it all day, but it dosnt have that "oomph" that Rx7-ts had. MazdaSpeed will most likely develop a turbo kit for it.

Old Post 03-30-2003 03:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for v8what? Click here to Send v8what? a Private Message Find more posts by v8what? Add v8what? to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

quote:
Originally posted by v8what?
It looks really good in real life. Alot of the pictures dont do it justice. It has the lines of older Japanese sports cars.

Still, it needs torque. You can rev the shit out of it all day, but it dosnt have that "oomph" that Rx7-ts had. MazdaSpeed will most likely develop a turbo kit for it.

true.
162.3 ft lbs is not enough.
btw. how much torque/hp did the 3rd gen rx7's have?

Props To Huby

Old Post 03-30-2003 07:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
v8what?
DSM > You

Its rated at: 255hp @ 6500 and 217lb-ft @ 5000

Old Post 03-30-2003 08:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for v8what? Click here to Send v8what? a Private Message Find more posts by v8what? Add v8what? to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

quote:
Originally posted by sangxjin
true.
162.3 ft lbs is not enough.
btw. how much torque/hp did the 3rd gen rx7's have?

dangg.. thats a big drop from tha rx7.

im realli liking tha fourdoor thing. that looks flyyy.. despite tha body design. i dunt know why, but it reminds me of tha miata on steroids. slick, but bulki.

Old Post 04-01-2003 01:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

quote:
Originally posted by v8what?
Its rated at: 255hp @ 6500 and 217lb-ft @ 5000

impressive.

i've just realized that the RX-8 has 250 HP without a turbocharger. too bad for the low torque. i guess you dont feel that "umph" you do in cars with lots of low end torque.

Props To Huby

Old Post 04-01-2003 03:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

quote:
Originally posted by Street RSX
dangg.. thats a big drop from tha rx7.

im realli liking tha fourdoor thing. that looks flyyy.. despite tha body design. i dunt know why, but it reminds me of tha miata on steroids. slick, but bulki.

the rx8 reminds me of the mx-3 of the early 90's. yeah i'm really digging the suicide doors too. when i first saw it at the ny auto show i thought to myself, god what the freak but im digging it more and more. but i have to say that the altezza's are getting really played out by the japanese automobile manufacturers.

Props To Huby

Old Post 04-01-2003 03:53 AM
krnxkid
ChOibOii

rx8 is cool but i like the rx7 better

Old Post 04-01-2003 04:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxkid Click here to Send krnxkid a Private Message Visit krnxkid's homepage! Find more posts by krnxkid Add krnxkid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
v8what?
DSM > You

quote:
i've just realized that the RX-8 has 250 HP without a turbocharger. too bad for the low torque. i guess you dont feel that "umph" you do in cars with lots of low end torque.

Its not just the umph. On the street, if you want to haul ass, you have to rev it hard and high. On a track, however, it should work brilliantly. Rotary's always work well on tracks.

Old Post 04-01-2003 08:39 PM
v8what?
DSM > You

quote:
the rx8 reminds me of the mx-3 of the early 90's. yeah i'm really digging the suicide doors too. when i first saw it at the ny auto show i thought to myself, god what the freak but im digging it more and more. but i have to say that the altezza's are getting really played out by the japanese automobile manufacturers.

IMO, the 3rd Gen is one of the most attractive cars ever made.

Old Post 04-01-2003 08:40 PM