Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Cars > bmw or benz
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
aka
the one and only

bmw or benz

heys..just want to see ur opinions on these two companies..which two are better...etc etc..

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-11-2003 01:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aka Click here to Send aka a Private Message Visit aka's homepage! Find more posts by aka Add aka to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

hmmm i think there was a very old thread like this one but watever.
i would hav to say Mercedes. i mean did u see the SLR concept, god is that thing awesome.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 02-11-2003 01:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by aznkid1008
hmmm i think there was a very old thread like this one but watever.
i would hav to say Mercedes. i mean did u see the SLR concept, god is that thing awesome.

i do like bmws the style but something about mercedes make it so damn sexy lol

Old Post 02-11-2003 05:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

i go for powerful luxury: Mercedes-Benz.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 02-11-2003 05:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aka
the one and only

haha..mercs are winning...its funny...every time i've posted something like this..ppl usually like the mercs.. i dunno why tho.

personally, i'm a bmw kind of person. i prefer a drivers car to a luxo cruiser..

Old Post 02-12-2003 12:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aka Click here to Send aka a Private Message Visit aka's homepage! Find more posts by aka Add aka to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
indecisive
the Deranged one

I gotta agree with you. bmw is the only way to go for me. some look good but I still don't trust the quality of the car. and bmw's are sportier looking too..most merc look too oldish...

Shift_

"cuz no matter how long U've known them or how well U think U know them..the friendship can be over in a second" ~Indecisive

"you don't realize how much of a luxury cup holders are until you don't have em" ~Indecisive

Old Post 02-12-2003 02:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for indecisive Click here to Send indecisive a Private Message Find more posts by indecisive Add indecisive to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aka
the one and only

lol oldish...yea...mercs are too mature for me..

Old Post 02-12-2003 03:23 AM
marvinOPPA
i like u this much

neither...i dont like euro luxury cars, too expensive to maintain and its all about status...

mercedes has always had minor problems with gadgetry...always has had problems with windows and door locks n shit...not too big of a deal but annoying as fook...used to be very underpowered and viewed as a car for ooold people (and still is)

bmw is basically a toy car...its a car that makes old men feel younger and young men feel like theyre drivin the closest thing to a race car they can get...never has been as practical as mercedes its jus a car that people can play with

Old Post 02-12-2003 03:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for marvinOPPA Click here to Send marvinOPPA a Private Message Find more posts by marvinOPPA Add marvinOPPA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

neck to neck when it comes to power.
[ex. SL600 vs. 760Li]

in terms of luxury, i'd stick with the merc. BMW has to many damn gadgets here and there. too damn confusing.

Props To Huby

Old Post 02-12-2003 11:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
k M i n G

wtf are u talkin about next to neck (SL600 - 760Li)
thats like comparing a M5 GTM with a C240 4matic
learn ur material kiddo

493 bhp and 590 lbs torque <--- S600/SL600/CL600

438 bhp and 444 lbs of torque <--- 760Li

neck to neck lol

can u check the difference man?

benz has 55hp gain and a 144 gain in torque...

therfore............ BENZ's 600 is not NECK TO NECK with BMW

if u wanna do some neck to necks compare the BMW 4.6 to the Benz 5.0

benz 500: 302bhp with 339lbs

bmw 4.6: 325bhp with 330lbs

or try the benz 4.3 with the beamer 4.4

bmw 4.4: 290bhp with 324lbs
benz 4.3: 275bhp with 294lbs

thats more neck to neck

Last edited by k M i n G on 02-13-2003 at 01:34 AM

Old Post 02-13-2003 01:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for k M i n G Click here to Send k M i n G a Private Message Find more posts by k M i n G Add k M i n G to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
True Life

quote:
Originally posted by marvinOPPA

bmw is basically a toy car...its a car that makes old men feel younger and young men feel like theyre drivin the closest thing to a race car they can get...never has been as practical as mercedes its jus a car that people can play with

ohhhhhhhh shit.... oh shit. you're dead marv, haha. toy? this coming from an acura owner?

mercedes? more practical? on what planet? they're more expensive for comparable cars. luxury cars in general aren't practical, but at least bmw isn't as absurd as mercedes.

like the m3 and the clk55 amg. m3 starts about 50k. clk55 closer to 70k.

or say a 540i starting in the 50k's, and an s500 or cl500 at 80-90k. not to mention similar 0-60 w/ a smaller engine. oh yea. and 6 speed manual.

practical?

and how can you even compare the ml500 to the 4.6is. the 4.6is will rape a ml500. a closer match is the ml55 amg and the 4.6is... and again, with lower displacement.

and then you're gonna compare the sl600 to a 760Li? of course they're not going to be neck and neck, the sl is a fucking two door roadster, the 760 is a house. maybe compare it to an s600. benz still has more power, but that's not everything. benz is a 5 speed, bmw is 6. benz is sohc, bmw is dohc. benz has 3 valves per cylinder, bmw has 4.

bmw just makes higher quality engines. ask anyone whose driven a lot of both. and the absolute worst thing about benz is that everythin but the c class only comes in auto, whereas everything but the 7 series bmw has manual standard.

but.. to each their own. i'm just biased. don't listen to me.

harlem shake it.

Old Post 02-13-2003 03:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for True Life Click here to Send True Life a Private Message Find more posts by True Life Add True Life to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aka
the one and only

^
^ dayamn nice post truelife...

u shouldn't be callin bmws toys if u drive a lesser car marv, wit all due respects..

on the practicality scale..i'd say their about the same...

Old Post 02-13-2003 03:52 AM
sangxjin

oops i meant S600. not SL.

when i meant neck to neck i meant neck to neck in terms of quality of buy. They're similar when it comes to price and when it comes to power Mercedes has more torque and hp. However, Mercedes uses two turbochargers while BMW uses big an N/A engine.

Props To Huby

Old Post 02-13-2003 01:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aka
the one and only

^
^...the bmw engine is the same size as the mercs..lol...so they're both big

Old Post 02-14-2003 12:05 AM
k M i n G

neck to neck when it comes to power.
[ex. SL600 vs. 760Li]

when i meant neck to neck i meant neck to neck in terms of quality of buy. They're similar when it comes to price and when it comes to power Mercedes has more torque and hp

lol make up ur mind sangxjin

Old Post 02-14-2003 12:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for k M i n G Click here to Send k M i n G a Private Message Find more posts by k M i n G Add k M i n G to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

quote:
Originally posted by aka
^
^...the bmw engine is the same size as the mercs..lol...so they're both big

i think they're both v12's both i think bmw has more displacement. mercedes overcomes less displacement by using two turbochargers.

Props To Huby

Old Post 02-15-2003 05:09 PM
marvinOPPA
i like u this much

toy as in play as in FUN not TOY like play like joke..and wat makes u think acura is a lesser car?...cuz it costs less? that was a fool thing to say...lets take the integra (which would be the lowest on the acura ladder) and the 318i (i think its the lowest on the bmw ladder right?)....and which car is the LESSER car? oo OK....or we could bring in the mini cooper...thats bmw right? acura is the lesser car? naaah

another thing...aka do u even drive?

Old Post 02-16-2003 02:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for marvinOPPA Click here to Send marvinOPPA a Private Message Find more posts by marvinOPPA Add marvinOPPA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

quote:
another thing...aka do u even drive?
he's '87 seng.. that whould make him 15.. so he cant drive legalli.. dont even hav a permit. actuallie.. taht depends on where he lives.. some people hav permit wen they 15.. so theres a chance that he can drive.. aiiiite.. imma shut up now.. ahaha

Old Post 02-16-2003 05:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
True Life

quote:
toy as in play as in FUN not TOY like play like joke..and wat makes u think acura is a lesser car?...cuz it costs less? that was a fool thing to say...lets take the integra (which would be the lowest on the acura ladder) and the 318i (i think its the lowest on the bmw ladder right?)....and which car is the LESSER car? oo OK....or we could bring in the mini cooper...thats bmw right? acura is the lesser car? naaah

what makes an integra rs better than a 318i? unless you meant gsr, but then you can't compare it to a 318 because gsr isn't acura's "lowest" car. you should compare that to say, a 325. so in what way is a 4 door gsr better than a 325i? or a 2 door gsr better than a 325is? or maybe compare my cousin's 1994 acura vigor with my dad's 1995 325i. without a doubt, the vigor drives like absolute garbage next to the 325i, with similar mileage (109k and 101k, respectively).

and now you want to bring in mini coopers. well if you want to to do that, you should compare it to a civic, since honda and acura is the same shit too.

and anyway, my point wasn't to bag on acura.... i love integras. actually i like most acuras (except my cousin's vigor). chris's type-s shits all over the 325i. i was just saying that to call a bmw a toy in comparison to mercedes is just insane. but again, i'm biased. don't listen to me.

harlem shake it.

Old Post 02-18-2003 12:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for True Life Click here to Send True Life a Private Message Find more posts by True Life Add True Life to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aka
the one and only

quote:
Originally posted by Street RSX
he's '87 seng.. that whould make him 15.. so he cant drive legalli.. dont even hav a permit. actuallie.. taht depends on where he lives.. some people hav permit wen they 15.. so theres a chance that he can drive.. aiiiite.. imma shut up now.. ahaha

haha, yea i'm 15..turnin 16 in march, so yea, i've had my license for a while..

marvin - the lowest acura as of now..is an RSX. the lowest bmw, is a 325i. and the bmw owns it in all aspects of performance, luxury, and style.

also, like true life said, if u want to bring in the cooper, u shoudl compare it to the lowest Honda, since cooper is a low bimmer...

so yea. and like i mentioned, no flame intended when i said acuras were lesser cars..

as for wut car i drive? i've been learning how to drive in my mom's 540i and dad's S8. i'm getting n M3, so yea, excuse my saying bad things of acuras.. they're great cars for the money.

Old Post 02-18-2003 05:54 AM