Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Enlightenment > Hell
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Hell

"This world is on a bullet train to hell."

Do you agree or disagree?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-31-2004 01:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

no

Old Post 01-31-2004 02:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KimChEEWIErDO29
Hokai.

agree...

Old Post 01-31-2004 02:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KimChEEWIErDO29 Click here to Send KimChEEWIErDO29 a Private Message Find more posts by KimChEEWIErDO29 Add KimChEEWIErDO29 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaqthree
3 Newtons

People can shape their own realities. An overly pessimistic person can believe that this world is a hell; an overly optimistic person can believe that this world is great and beautiful.

Personally, I think both of those ideas are crap...this world is this world. There are some good things...and then there are those idiots that surround us all.

Old Post 02-01-2004 06:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaqthree Click here to Send aaqthree a Private Message Find more posts by aaqthree Add aaqthree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiggaplease

If the world were placed on a continuum between all things good and hell, I'd claim that it leans towards the negative. Of course, this is only a matter of perception.

It's still unclear, though, which end our world is tending towards, for technology continues to progress, the quality of life for the few improves, and there is still plenty of room for change in other institutions. Just as aaqthree points to the existence of both good and bad things, there are some parts of the world that seem to be improving, and others that seem to be degrading.

Old Post 02-01-2004 07:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kiggaplease Click here to Send kiggaplease a Private Message Find more posts by kiggaplease Add kiggaplease to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaqthree
3 Newtons

quote:
Originally posted by acidbreeze
If the world were placed on a continuum between all things good and hell, I'd claim that it leans towards the negative. Of course, this is only a matter of perception.

I would claim that we tend to focus more on the bad things that happen to us because we often take the good for granted.

Old Post 02-01-2004 06:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaqthree Click here to Send aaqthree a Private Message Find more posts by aaqthree Add aaqthree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by acidbreeze
It's still unclear, though, which end our world is tending towards

it will always be unclear. Unless of course someone here happens to be a universal objective judge of the world?

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 02-01-2004 07:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiggaplease

let me restate; looks like my original reply wasn't quite in line with my intent:

I agree with PsychoSnowman that there is no "morality meter" that is stuck into the North Pole and defines an absolute reading of the "world's proximity to hell." Then again, in the same line of thinking, it is not possible to definitively place society on this moral continuum in relation to the world in history. That being said, the things I mentioned about technology and social changes do affect people's opinions on which way the world is tending towards (hence the question, I assume). And then the same jazz about some things seeming to get better and some seeming to get worse

Old Post 02-17-2004 07:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kiggaplease Click here to Send kiggaplease a Private Message Find more posts by kiggaplease Add kiggaplease to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote