Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > Music > boa's releasing her no. 1 cd in the us
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
saranghae

boa's releasing her no. 1 cd in the us

its going to be released... i think nov. 10... in fry's and circuit city for 40 dollars-- since its an import

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-13-2002 02:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAIgrr
MM caramel FRAP! =P

shit!!!!
40$??!!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!??!?!

wtf..

Old Post 10-13-2002 02:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAIgrr Click here to Send TAIgrr a Private Message Find more posts by TAIgrr Add TAIgrr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigChubuff

ya she is the only asian singer that has a chance in the us
but i doubt she would do anything

Old Post 10-13-2002 02:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigChubuff Click here to Send bigChubuff a Private Message Find more posts by bigChubuff Add bigChubuff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

yea... me too... i think utada hikaru would have a better chance here thoe.

Old Post 10-13-2002 03:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

yeah, i think utada would have a better chance as well. Especially cause her song is in that game kingdom hearts. So people will link her to that, and i think she looks better than boa. And the american public is very picky on that.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 10-13-2002 04:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by saranghae
yea... me too... i think utada hikaru would have a better chance here thoe.

i do too she speak good english since she was born here in d the states where BoA she cannot, well very VERY little
n plus Utada Hikaru shes 19 n 19 is a sexy age haha

Last edited by niggoreanboi on 10-13-2002 at 04:26 AM

Old Post 10-13-2002 04:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

haha... 19 is a sexy age? she's married thoe... soo young too.

everyone pretty much noes utada hikaru... and since she sang the song for kingdom hearts... she's even more well known.

i doubt that boa's cd is going to be a hit here... i mean 40 dollars... that's way too much... and besides that no. 1 has been out for awhile... and i doubt that many of her fans would by it cuz they probably already have it.

Old Post 10-13-2002 04:32 AM
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by saranghae
haha... 19 is a sexy age? she's married thoe... soo young too.

everyone pretty much noes utada hikaru... and since she sang the song for kingdom hearts... she's even more well known.

i doubt that boa's cd is going to be a hit here... i mean 40 dollars... that's way too much... and besides that no. 1 has been out for awhile... and i doubt that many of her fans would by it cuz they probably already have it.

locked down at d age of 19 damn such a shame o well i wonder if her husband is ugly ugly people always get d fine girls

but neways yea 40 is too much juss for a CD where u can juss dl it they ain't gonna make no money off dat

Old Post 10-13-2002 04:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

the guy she married is 32!

haha... i download most of my songs... onlie have a couple cds.

Old Post 10-13-2002 04:41 AM
Jj2
JSL Member

hmm...i think boa better not try to crack the u.s music audience cause i dont think she'll make it that big...she may be recognised but not so big compared to utada...an asian artiste.

Old Post 10-13-2002 12:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jj2 Click here to Send Jj2 a Private Message Find more posts by Jj2 Add Jj2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

yea... utada really made a big impact here... but i don't think she cares whether she makes it international.. unlike smtown with boa.

Old Post 10-13-2002 10:07 PM
tm11
down by law

utada hikaru already had a U.S. release a while ago under the name "Cubic U" - she recieved much critical acclaim, but no commercial success - it's hard to break into the market if you're asian - notice how her name doesn't even show she's japanese.

Old Post 10-14-2002 12:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
indecisive
the Deranged one

I prolly wouldn't buy the no.1 cd..but if Utada did an english cover of her first love cd or even her new one...wif play ball and asap, etc then I would prolly buy that.

Shift_

"cuz no matter how long U've known them or how well U think U know them..the friendship can be over in a second" ~Indecisive

"you don't realize how much of a luxury cup holders are until you don't have em" ~Indecisive

Old Post 10-14-2002 12:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for indecisive Click here to Send indecisive a Private Message Find more posts by indecisive Add indecisive to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

damn... $40??? ok, that's not gonna help her much here I think... I wouldn't buy it for $40... I'd go to yesasia and buy it for $12... sheesh, that's a lot for one CD

Old Post 10-14-2002 12:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WhiteLee
"Oh we totally have to."

is it all in korean?

"Before and After" Ayumi Hamasaki

Old Post 10-14-2002 02:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteLee Click here to Send WhiteLee a Private Message Visit WhiteLee's homepage! Find more posts by WhiteLee Add WhiteLee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

i doubt it is thoe... i think she re-sung it in english... i'm not sure... but i doubt anyone would buy it if its in korean... i mean u could buy it online for 12 dollars.

Old Post 10-14-2002 06:01 AM
junjinluber33

eh... 40 bucks is alotta friggen money for an album containing lyrics that you cant understand until your read the words. and utada hikaru is getting alota fans at mah school cuz of that kingdom of hearts song~

click^ leave a msg in my chatter box!

team3 biotch! its da group blog

Old Post 10-14-2002 06:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for junjinluber33 Click here to Send junjinluber33 a Private Message Visit junjinluber33's homepage! Find more posts by junjinluber33 Add junjinluber33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

okay first... of all... boa's english is.. good for someone born in korea.... but sucks SO much for anyone to want to listen to...i mean who listens to english verions of her songs? not me.... they suck... slur slur not even good lyrics.... pretty whacked out lyrics

her singing in korean is great! ...japanese good...... but if you listen to her singing in english... her pitch is ALL OVER THE PLACE...in every single song in english... it's not that hard to differentiate it... all over the place.... voice is just not even....i listened to no 1... the "finally" is heck of over divaed and the rest is some weird high ...voice.... sounding... yea... and if she's doing what i think she's trying to do.... she's not doing it right...haha

she probably doesn't have any idea what she's saying ..... like the REST OF US...haha... so she doesn't know what to accent and blah blah...

this just doesn't sound too promising.... and i mean 40 bucks.... that's a lot of moolla to spend on a person attempting to sing horrible english lyrics.....she'd do better with a couple of japanese or korean songs... but then what's the point...ahah.... it'd just be shoved in the back somewhere or deaf ppl who want to listen to that

Last edited by MellowYellow on 10-14-2002 at 01:51 PM

Old Post 10-14-2002 01:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

maybe if boa had a better marketing approach.... like utada's song.... commercial on all channels known...haha....

this is how moby got famous.. he stuck his song to every freakin commercial and yea... that's how he did it....lol

Old Post 10-14-2002 01:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

i got this from a jpop music forum!:

--------------------------
TOKYO: Japan's leading pop star Hikaru Utada, known for hit albums such as "First Love," on Friday married her video director Kazuaki Kiriya by registering at a government office, her Japanese record label Toshiba-EMI Ltd announced.

The U.S.-born 19-year-old is one of Japan's top-selling female artists. She met Kiriya, aged 34 and also a photographer, two years ago, and they have collaborated on producing music videos and photographing covers for Utada's CDs.

"Having a new force with me, I'll keep working as diligently as before," Utada said in a statement. "I thought this moment, when I resume my music career after a period of rest, is the best time to begin a new life."

Utada was hospitalized in early April and surgeons removed a benign tumor from one of her ovaries. She posted personal messages on her Web site as she recuperated, and is aiming for a full return to the music scene.

"This is a marriage before I am blessed with a baby," she added in the statement, likely referring to a celebrity trend in which stars such as Namie Amuro, who shot to fame in the mid-1990s, have tied the knot after getting pregnant.

On her web site, Utada said some may wonder at her decision to marry at a young age, but stressed her decision came naturally from her desire to spend her life with the one she loves.

Kiriya, whose real name is Kazuhiro Iwashita, was born in Kumamoto Prefecture in southwestern Japan. He directed recent Utada videos including the singles "Final Distance," "Traveling" and "Deep River." He mainly works in Tokyo and New York.

Kiriya described in the August issue of monthly advertising critique magazine Kokoku Hihyo that Utada's appeal lies in her great blend of intellect and talent.

Born in New York, Utada debuted in December 1998 with the instant hit "Automatic."

"First Love," her first album, was released in 1999 and is the top-selling album in Japan at about 8.7 million copies. Her latest song collection, "Deep River," was released in June. (Kyodo News)
------------------

she's very popular here too, but more popular is Ayumi!

ok sorry to be off topic!!..just fyi haha

Old Post 10-14-2002 04:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rhymester* Click here to Send rhymester* a Private Message Find more posts by rhymester* Add rhymester* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote