Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > Music > * My Resign ... *
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

aight time to get serious

i have to admit.. i'm not really into korean music at all.. i also have to admit that im very skeptical of the music industry itself.. not just in korea at all.. it's a very tough industry and i feel for you T. but dont lose your dreams cuz it didnt work out... i'll share with you

i love films.. all kindsof filmss.. i get excited when i see the green screen that says "the preview you are about to see is rated pg" .. i get excited when i see the opening credits.. i love how the movie weaves different ideas.. some universal.. some personal.. and some even comical.. and most of the times i'll stay for the credits.. because all those people deserve to be recognized..

its the toughest when somebody tells you your film is "ok" .. my short film "in-sight" was an ok lil five minute digital video film.. some enjoyed it.. some cried (literally) and some thought it was boring.. but what do i care.. i finished it.. from screenplay.. to shooting.. and to the finished edit.. im proud to say im a film maker.. but i will do better.. maybe someone will say "it was better than ok.. it was magnificent"

now that i know a little bit more.. i also realized.. i have a couple of things that will hurt me a long the way.. 1. im korean.. 2. im not wealthy 3. i started the filmmakin game a lil late..
so people always tell me that i should try something else that would be more secure in makin money.. like my parents always say "be a doctor! or a lawyer!" considered it.. and i say "shirruh!"
people always end up discouraging me rather than encouraging and its sooooooooooooooo hard that it makes me wanna kill myself and say "is it worth it anymore"

but dont these people know.. that this is my dream.. i can't picture doing anything else but this.. if i cant do this then i have no meaning to my life.. it might not be convenient.. but its who i am.. and i will do everything in my life possible to pursue this dream to the end and make my other film ideas make it to the big screen..

so im on a uphill battle too.. i have coupla more years to film school. and i will make a name for myself.. and one day.. maybe some guy or girl like me who appreciates movies and how its made will get excited by one of my movies and get excited by the preview section.. the opening credits.. my vision for the film ... and even stay for the ending credits.. and hopefully.. he/she will see my name and say.. "he deserved to be recognized"

so jini.. whether it be in korea.. america.. afghanistan or whatever.. pursue it.. cuz in the end.. its always about what makes you happiest.. and the journey that got you there..
work hard and we'll be happy for you.. if not.. uh.. just come to ny and i'll buy you that pretzel d=D

-sang cheon (sang cheon)

p.s. yeah uh.. um.. this goes for all you other kids out there too d=D

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-30-2002 07:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
indecisive
the Deranged one

*jumps in for comedic relief*

*cries*...DAT'S IT!! IMMA GONNA DROP OUTTA SKOOL AND PURSUE MY DREAM.....LEAD CIRCUS CLOWN!!!! ehheheh

for reals tho. that's the best advice to give in this situation. I totally agree that if U pass up a chance to pursue a career in what you love U'll regret it for the rest of your life.

Jini, whatever U decide to do, everybody will support U 150% :) good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Shift_

"cuz no matter how long U've known them or how well U think U know them..the friendship can be over in a second" ~Indecisive

"you don't realize how much of a luxury cup holders are until you don't have em" ~Indecisive

Old Post 07-30-2002 08:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for indecisive Click here to Send indecisive a Private Message Find more posts by indecisive Add indecisive to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WhiteLee
"Oh we totally have to."

Man...taht sucks major ass.
A company like that doesn't deserve your talent and drive and time (not to mention money).
I say, record your own album somehow. Produce yourself. Promote yourself. go to various record companies in the US and see if they'll give you a chance and what you really derserve.
It's hard and tough, but it'll all be rewarding in the end.
Good luck!

"Before and After" Ayumi Hamasaki

Old Post 07-31-2002 12:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteLee Click here to Send WhiteLee a Private Message Visit WhiteLee's homepage! Find more posts by WhiteLee Add WhiteLee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WhiteLee
"Oh we totally have to."

I agree with KeN VeRsUs RyU.
Pursue what makes you happiest. Wherever it may be.
Media's the devil...

Old Post 07-31-2002 01:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteLee Click here to Send WhiteLee a Private Message Visit WhiteLee's homepage! Find more posts by WhiteLee Add WhiteLee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nojeel

i have to admit..i have a great deal of respect for you..it takes alot to open up and express your hurt feelings to complete strangers..but sometimes it works out for the best..sometimes us strangers can listen, comprehend and understand better than some of your close friends/family..but anyways..to me, its damn well obvious that you show alot of passion and love you have for music..pursue it. and may i add that its great to hear from a person of your stature (since you are a celebrity in korea) to act like a normal person..it feels so good that you act like yourself..and your real..most stars, like you said, are fake at times..they only show them the good things, hence on tv..never really know behind the curtain..how they really are..but, like that famous quote said *follow your heart*, its true..its so much better doing what you want to do...rather than doing something your forced to do..but good luck and hope to hear you sing again and see you performing on the stage..i'll pray for your success.

Old Post 07-31-2002 01:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nojeel Click here to Send Nojeel a Private Message Find more posts by Nojeel Add Nojeel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

WUT??? j-entercom disbanded KISS?? unbelivable...abominable...infuriating!!
unnie, i say forget about them completely. with that kind of company, ur not gonna get the recognition u deserve. it'd be great if u came over to the u.s. u cud be like coco lee! and about that crap about miss world cup...if i were u and she stole one of mai songs, i'd sue j-entercom. seriously.
we all noe ur the one with real talent...not her, she can't sing for shit. we ur fans will continue to support u no matter where u r and we wish u the best of luck. follow ur heart, like so many pplz hav said, and all's well that ends well

Old Post 07-31-2002 08:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
junjinluber33

quote:
Originally posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM
it'd be great if u came over to the u.s. u cud be like coco lee! and about that crap about miss world cup...if i were u and she stole one of mai songs, i'd sue j-entercom. seriously.

yepyep!! you should become the korean coco lee! and hmmm.... i think you could take some action... buh then agen it is korea. they're lazy down there... the police dont take things seriously.

click^ leave a msg in my chatter box!

team3 biotch! its da group blog

Old Post 07-31-2002 08:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for junjinluber33 Click here to Send junjinluber33 a Private Message Visit junjinluber33's homepage! Find more posts by junjinluber33 Add junjinluber33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

coco lee is famous here? :huh:

i don't like her songs anyways though....

quote:
buh then agen it is korea. they're lazy down there... the police dont take things seriously.

They probably get paid off by the companies

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 07-31-2002 07:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
indecisive
the Deranged one

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
coco lee is famous here? :huh:

that's exactly what I was thinking heh.

you cold be like.......Jini from....oh wait....heh

I wonder if north american system is like dat....

Shift_

"cuz no matter how long U've known them or how well U think U know them..the friendship can be over in a second" ~Indecisive

"you don't realize how much of a luxury cup holders are until you don't have em" ~Indecisive

Old Post 07-31-2002 09:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for indecisive Click here to Send indecisive a Private Message Find more posts by indecisive Add indecisive to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
junjinluber33

i think coco lee is the most recognized though. there arent any VERY famous azn singers in the US... YET! jini needs to come out man! muhaha

Old Post 08-01-2002 12:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for junjinluber33 Click here to Send junjinluber33 a Private Message Visit junjinluber33's homepage! Find more posts by junjinluber33 Add junjinluber33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigChubuff

coco lee is only famous wit asians that live in the states
if u asked 10 white kids who coco lee is most likely all of them wont have a clue

Old Post 08-01-2002 05:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigChubuff Click here to Send bigChubuff a Private Message Find more posts by bigChubuff Add bigChubuff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

shes butt ugly too

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 08-01-2002 07:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
indecisive
the Deranged one

quote:
shes butt ugly too

agreed lol

Shift_

Old Post 08-01-2002 09:13 PM
junjinluber33

quote:
shes butt ugly too

fr realz! i know sooo many other girls that are like... WAY hotter than her man! yuck!

Old Post 08-01-2002 10:30 PM
WhiteLee
"Oh we totally have to."

coco lee's the only asian singer that's made an english album taht I know of.
I saw some review about her in one of those little teen magazines years ago. at first i thought she was hispanic.

Old Post 08-02-2002 02:25 AM
castle outsider

coco lees annoying me

her english songs are...blah

Old Post 08-02-2002 02:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for castle outsider Click here to Send castle outsider a Private Message Visit castle outsider's homepage! Find more posts by castle outsider Add castle outsider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAIgrr
MM caramel FRAP! =P

shes 32???? :omg:
dayam... she dont look 32.. she looks hella younger than umjunghwa.

er.. i'd like to hear a sample track from her

Old Post 08-03-2002 03:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAIgrr Click here to Send TAIgrr a Private Message Find more posts by TAIgrr Add TAIgrr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

you can see an example of her voice in the Video and Audio forum

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 08-03-2002 04:41 AM
TAIgrr
MM caramel FRAP! =P

k thanks

Old Post 08-03-2002 04:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAIgrr Click here to Send TAIgrr a Private Message Find more posts by TAIgrr Add TAIgrr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

quote:
Originally posted by WhiteLee
coco lee's the only asian singer that's made an english album taht I know of.

Kristine Sa is vietnamese. she recently came out with an english album in february.

quote:
Originally posted by castle outsider
coco lees annoying me

her english songs are...blah

i think her best song is "perfect in every way" which is in chinese. her other songs *are* kinda.. blah.. but i like "perfect in every way"

Old Post 08-03-2002 11:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote