Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Spiritual Life > ever have doubts???
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Nojeel

ever have doubts???

do you ever lose faith? ever feel like your an atheist.. honestly there has been times i didn't believe in god, didn't believe in anything, i know the bible states god will forgive you if you lose faith in him, but if you do not have faith in the holy spirit you will not be forgiven.. honestly, can you really say there is a higher power out there.. i really don't know.. give me your insights...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-14-2002 03:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nojeel Click here to Send Nojeel a Private Message Find more posts by Nojeel Add Nojeel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

Re: ever have doubts???

quote:
Originally posted by Nojeel
do you ever lose faith? ever feel like your an atheist.. honestly there has been times i didn't believe in god, didn't believe in anything, i know the bible states god will forgive you if you lose faith in him, but if you do not have faith in the holy spirit you will not be forgiven.. honestly, can you really say there is a higher power out there.. i really don't know.. give me your insights...

yes i honestly have to say i've had my doubts.. several times.. i've been angry with god and abandoned him... and so with that. you are not alone

but the whole thing about faith is... believing without seeing... you just have to believe... sounds really hard huh? maybe.. you'll have one of those moments that make you believe.. it doesn't have to be a miracle.. just something that helps you realize.. like.. a testimony....

i'd probably have a lot more to say. except.. lol i'm sorry really tired right now... got back from church.... lmao

but uh...if you want to talk about. stuff..you can always im me

Old Post 07-15-2002 03:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

i've had doubts too. i think majority of people wit christian faith or watever faith they have... must have had doubts before. becuz dis faith stuff is tough and confusing sometimes. i mean, nutin in life is easy to understand or wat not.
i'm a Christian and sometimes i dun feel very "christian" of the things i chose to do and the type of lifestyle i live. i feel like a hypocrite ALOT of times.... and it makes me wonder if i really AM truly a christian. i may not be WHOLEHEARTEDLY a Christian at this point in my life....... but i know there's a part of me that loves God. at the same time, there's another part of me that loves the secular world. but its ok cuz i'm still young and i'm still learning. i know i've made many mistakes in my life....... but i'm confident dat one day, i'll love God WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

P.S. in the Bible, God says that if any one of His children fall away from Him, He will NEVER let them go. once somebody TRULY, GENUINELY accepts Christ as his/her personal Savior and Lord, their name will be in the Book of Lamb forever. and even if somebody falls away from God at a certain point in his/her life, they WILL return to God. God takes care of His children and He wont let you go

Old Post 07-15-2002 03:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nojeel

Re: Re: ever have doubts???

quote:
Originally posted by MellowYellow

yes i honestly have to say i've had my doubts.. several times.. i've been angry with god and abandoned him... and so with that. you are not alone

but the whole thing about faith is... believing without seeing... you just have to believe... sounds really hard huh? maybe.. you'll have one of those moments that make you believe.. it doesn't have to be a miracle.. just something that helps you realize.. like.. a testimony....

i'd probably have a lot more to say. except.. lol i'm sorry really tired right now... got back from church.... lmao

but uh...if you want to talk about. stuff..you can always im me

thx susan, i appreciate that maybe i will im you sometime and talk about this conversation...there's always that question though..why this happen, blah blah... did god really do this for a reason..even that 9-11 thing..did god plan that..is this what he wanted..thousands of people dying and the grief of millions..what's his intentions? i wanted to know the reason why, he would let such a thing happen..to cause more chaos and destruction.. i dunno...

Old Post 07-15-2002 05:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nojeel Click here to Send Nojeel a Private Message Find more posts by Nojeel Add Nojeel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nojeel

quote:
Originally posted by UnisMuiMui
i've had doubts too. i think majority of people wit christian faith or watever faith they have... must have had doubts before. becuz dis faith stuff is tough and confusing sometimes. i mean, nutin in life is easy to understand or wat not.
i'm a Christian and sometimes i dun feel very "christian" of the things i chose to do and the type of lifestyle i live. i feel like a hypocrite ALOT of times.... and it makes me wonder if i really AM truly a christian. i may not be WHOLEHEARTEDLY a Christian at this point in my life....... but i know there's a part of me that loves God. at the same time, there's another part of me that loves the secular world. but its ok cuz i'm still young and i'm still learning. i know i've made many mistakes in my life....... but i'm confident dat one day, i'll love God WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

P.S. in the Bible, God says that if any one of His children fall away from Him, He will NEVER let them go. once somebody TRULY, GENUINELY accepts Christ as his/her personal Savior and Lord, their name will be in the Book of Lamb forever. and even if somebody falls away from God at a certain point in his/her life, they WILL return to God. God takes care of His children and He wont let you go

everyone is a sinner, i don't understand that though..if god wants us to follow his path and listen to what he says..how come we do not....and we're known as sinners.. oing?

Old Post 07-15-2002 05:44 PM
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

quote:

everyone is a sinner, i don't understand that though..if god wants us to follow his path and listen to what he says..how come we do not....and we're known as sinners.. oing?

yes everyone is a sinner. no human being is perfect, except Jesus when He was in the human form. God wants us to follow his path, but we still don't do it...... well this is call FREE WILL. God gave us free will to chose to listen to Him or chose our own way of living. God didn't create humans as robots. He could have easily created ALL humans as robots and do EXACTLY wat he wants us to. He can push a button dat would make us do something He wants us to. but isnt dat cruel? God is not cruel. He is loving, gracious, merciful.. yet he is JUST and FAIR. if we sin, we must face the consequences. however, since God is mericul, he is ALWAYS forgiving. y? becuz he loves us. oh and if God created us to be robots, life would be so boring. right? He doesnt want to force us to do anything we dont want to. dats y we have FREE WILL. unfortunately, many of us abuse it and sin against God. but its "normal." we can never be perfect. God still loves us though

Old Post 07-15-2002 07:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nojeel

quote:
Originally posted by UnisMuiMui

yes everyone is a sinner. no human being is perfect, except Jesus when He was in the human form. God wants us to follow his path, but we still don't do it...... well this is call FREE WILL. God gave us free will to chose to listen to Him or chose our own way of living. God didn't create humans as robots. He could have easily created ALL humans as robots and do EXACTLY wat he wants us to. He can push a button dat would make us do something He wants us to. but isnt dat cruel? God is not cruel. He is loving, gracious, merciful.. yet he is JUST and FAIR. if we sin, we must face the consequences. however, since God is mericul, he is ALWAYS forgiving. y? becuz he loves us. oh and if God created us to be robots, life would be so boring. right? He doesnt want to force us to do anything we dont want to. dats y we have FREE WILL. unfortunately, many of us abuse it and sin against God. but its "normal." we can never be perfect. God still loves us though

i seeeeee.. you make a hella lot of sense though, but does god really exist? that's a question i ask myself occasionally

Old Post 07-15-2002 11:05 PM
MellowYellow

well uhm... yea lol everyone is born as sinners.....

but don't let that discourage you... God gives us a chance to repent and find him...

and as for the 9-11 thing.. well UNISMUIMUI said something about FREE WILL(lol althought i don't really believe in FREE will as you will notice in my signature) and how some people abuse the free will that god gave us..... maybe... that's what happened in that event.... someone took advatange of their free will... and did something horrible.... but look at what that event did for the USA ... it helped unite it... haven't you heard that saying a lot during the months after 9-11 ? "GOD BLESS AMERICA" and "IN GOD WE TRUST" ..... i guess... in a weird sense... that event led more people to God... even if it were for a short time.... so many churches across the nation saw a rise in their attendance numbers... but yea even though people should go to church regularly ... for those who don't.... they'll always know that there is a family there... a big family.. that will help each other during hard times.... i think a lot of ppl started attending church more regularly after 9-11

i'm not saying that God planned alll this.... cuz i have no idea.. no one knows...not even UNISMUIMUI (haha <~ that's a wink lol) all i can say... is to trust God and his plans...

i guess what i'm saying sounds like a whole bunch of preaching... just start out by me saying... no one is going to force you to believe in God... but the people at church (any devoted church) will understand and still help you with whatever doubts you have...and if you don't want to clear your doubts... there will always be people to listen

PS.. that's an ugly smilie.... kekeke

Old Post 07-16-2002 07:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

God has purposes for everything. Good and Bad things.

Old Post 07-16-2002 12:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

quote:

i seeeeee.. you make a hella lot of sense though, but does god really exist? that's a question i ask myself occasionally

that's a tough question to answer becuz i can explain and talk all i want, but sometimes its really your own personal experience that can determine if God really exists.
to me, God really exist.
i cant see Him, but i believe he is there. like the air.. u cant really see air but u know its there becuz u breathe and u feel it. kinda like air, i can feel Him in my life.
i dun really know how to explain these stuff becuz i explain better in person.... =T

Old Post 07-16-2002 04:50 PM
krnxswat
what a joke!

heh if u wanna no the answer, u should talk privately with a pastor or something.. u no? heh they have better answers

Old Post 07-16-2002 04:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

quote:
Originally posted by krnxswat
heh if u wanna no the answer, u should talk privately with a pastor or something.. u no? heh they have better answers

lol, easy for u to do, PK.

Old Post 07-16-2002 06:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nojeel

well, i can say you people opened my mind..but i'm still not convinced in my view..i've been a christian my whole life..even been baptised twice..hehe, but lately..just all the doubts and questions are swelling inside of me..it's hard to explain...

Old Post 07-16-2002 07:53 PM